Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff said she did make it home to see the kids. It seems to me the one and only person that could positively state that fact would be the husband. Sort of seems husband must me providing some details to sheriff
Sheriff didn't say "home".

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does SM look like he's aged rather drastically in the last couple yrs?(from looking at sm pictures). I'm wondering if he may have had a bit of a drug habit? Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I get a creepy feeling about those text...while she wasn't alive. He fabricated a few that we know of. He was skillful enough to put 'Dallas' in the mix to show Uncle Jeff, that came back to haunt him. We don't know if the 'water' text was legit either.

Interesting thought about the water texts!!! What time was the water text posted by Paul's store? I know there was some discrepancy. If Paul posted it before SM killed Crystal, could SM have fabricated those texts about water trying to make it look like she stopped at the jewelry store for water and then went missing?? Since after that came the meet me at work text that went unread, maybe he thought he could make it look like something happened to her between their water texts and his meet me at work text.

Yes. The Dallas text was sent the night before and the water text was sent before she left her boyfriend's apartment. It actually seems every text was likely sent by Crystal.

She may have even locked her phone so her ex could continue texting her but they didn't show as read and there was no response. Probably because he didn't have her password to fabricate anything. I personally keep my phone password protected.

You can bypass the passcode.

There's a black & white video of her at someone's (Ex's?) house from home sec. cam.
Apologies if this was already discussed at length.

Does anyone know anything about this bit of info?

Interesting thought about the water texts!!! What time was the water text posted by Paul's store? I know there was some discrepancy. If Paul posted it before SM killed Crystal, could SM have fabricated those texts about water trying to make it look like she stopped at the jewelry store for water and then went missing?? Since after that came the meet me at work text that went unread, maybe he thought he could make it look like something happened to her between their water texts and his meet me at work text.

I personally feel that some of the texts could have been fabricated but more importantly, if they pinged her phone (we know they eventually did) they may have been able to look back and place the 2 phones together during the times of the texts, etc. Even if they didn't ping his, they certainly did hers and could have pulled the history with time stamps.

We covered phone pings recently in the Heather Elvis trial so it's fresh on my mind lol

Just a thought, IMO.

Is it just me or does SM look like he's aged rather drastically in the last couple yrs?(from looking at sm pictures). I'm wondering if he may have had a bit of a drug habit? Moo

I think probably just stress, from the divorce especially.

There's a black & white video of her at someone's (Ex's?) house from home sec. cam.
Apologies if this was already discussed at length.

That's video of her leaving her boyfriend's house. It's been discussed at length in the last 3 threads.

Unless there was a fingerprint unlock on the phone the only way I know to bypass is by restoring it to factory settings.

Sorry in advance, can you use a dead person's finger print if the body isn't cold yet? I know (or at least think) it won't work if the finger is too cold from my own experience in winter weather lol.
Once you get in, you can disable the lock feature all together if you chose to.

IMO

Sorry in advance, can you use a dead person's finger print if the body isn't cold yet? I know (or at least think) it won't work if the finger is too cold from my own experience in winter weather lol.
Once you get in, you can disable the lock feature all together if you chose to.

IMO
I have read on a couple other cases that police used the fingerprint after the person was deceased to access their phone. Don't know how long after death that might work.

But a lot of ppl also use a pin. My husband and I know each other's pin.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

"fabricated text"

I'm specifically speaking of SM texting, not Paul's. Uncle Jeff noted he wasn't sure if those SM text were legit (paraphrasing).
'If' SM had CM phone he could have created conversation between them before he ditched it. That info should be verifiable in the sequence of events. SM said CM asked if he had water? Which may or may not be his attempt to coincide with the water bottles for Harvey photo sent from Paul's store. Have no idea, just my curious thoughts.

I think probably just stress, from the divorce especially.

Yes, stress, unresolved emotions...
Earlier in this thread there is a post of an old SM misdemeanor charged for possession of marijuana. I believe it's dated in the 90's.

Could very well be but I'm thinking extreme photoshopping and filters.

"fabricated text"

I'm specifically speaking of SM texting, not Paul's. Uncle Jeff noted he wasn't sure if those SM text were legit (paraphrasing).
'If' SM had CM phone he could have created conversation between them before he ditched it. That info should be verifiable in the sequence of events. SM said CM asked if he had water? Which may or may not be his attempt to coincide with the water bottles for Harvey photo sent from Paul's store. Have no idea, just my curious thoughts.
She didn't leave Paul's till 7:10 though

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, so far no luck on learning anything more about what led up to this horrible situation.I haven't seen a criminal complaint filed yet, but it's only 2pm here and I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place. I think the case will be covered on Primetime Justice again tonight? If so we may learn something new there.

Well, so far no luck on learning anything more about what led up to this horrible situation.I haven't seen a criminal complaint filed yet, but it's only 2pm here and I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right place. I think the case will be covered on Primetime Justice again tonight? If so we may learn something new there.

I haven't seen anything new either. Hopefully we will soon.

What do you mean by "criminal complaint"?

I haven't seen anything new either. Hopefully we will soon.

What do you mean by "criminal complaint"?

After the case is assigned a prosecutor, the prosecutor files an official criminal complaint with the court outlining the charges in detail. That's what sets the whole process in motion. From there he'll be assigned a court date, etc.

I think it must have been filed, because the uncle just posted that bail was set at 500k.

500k seems low to me. Pretty sure the family would only have to come up with 10% of that (50k) for a bail bondsman? Anyone know how that all works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214