TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
you know I wondered that too. meth was one thought, anabolic steroids was another and then I wondered if he might have a brain tumor? all of those possibilities could answer for the rage but then ofcourse not eating and obsessing on her every move could also be possible maybe probable

oops how did I get a duplicate? sorry do not know how to remove it

yes he looks sick his cheek bones are sunken in eye sockets he looks bad.
yes obsessed id say also.
Sadly the writing was on the wall. He said what he was going to do and he did it.
I'm very glad he didn't hurt the kids....

I'm very sad he didn't just kill himself and put himself out of his own misery

He works at PBP just a few miles from his house, where the 1st search was.
Supposedly, he called that he was going to be late and they told him not to come in everyone was heading home anyway.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Do we know what his position is at PBP? He may have known that he would not have to go into work that day or that he could call out due to the hurricane. Supposedly they knew the day before that (Thursday) the kids would not have school of Friday. Crystal was coming to pick up the kids and/or stay with them during the storm. He sent her a text saying to come get them from his work but if he already knew he didn't have to go in it is just another thing pointing to premeditation. JMO.

I wouldn't put too much weight on that MJ charge as it was in the 1990's (I think 1992? I would have to go find it in the thread). He would have been a teen or young 20-something then. JMO.

No I agree I don't think there is any correlation between the two. It's a petty crime compared to what he has done recently.

So if the kids were still asleep, that means he did it very soon after she arrived. Did she even get to peek into the rooms first, I wonder? There must not have been a shouting match, and his grip on her (from behind, because COWARD) must have been severe enough where she could barely struggle. I'm 90% on board with the "this was premeditated and he was waiting for her" line of thinking now.

Not long before she disappeared, Hawthorne said, Crystal broke the news to her ex that he wouldn't be going along on a cruise she'd planned; she would take her new beau instead. She told one friend longtime through a Facebook message that she was "getting a little scared" of the father of her children.

Ugh, this again. What does "not long before she disappeared" even mean, time-wise? Sorry, but I believe Paul Hargrave when he said that he didn't think Steve knew about the cruise. I'm sure Crystal would have told him she broke the news to Steve, just like she told him that he'd found out about their Galveston trip and all of their other little arguments. So that means that Crystal would have had to tell him that morning, which I think is very, very unlikely.

Edit: Want to add something else: The fricken CRUISE thing is what is giving chubby, lonely boys who could never get a woman like Crystal the drive to say such awful things about her in the comments of articles such as this one.

Do we know what his position is at PBP? He may have known that he would not have to go into work that day or that he could call out due to the hurricane. Supposedly they knew the day before that (Thursday) the kids would not have school of Friday. Crystal was coming to pick up the kids and/or stay with them during the storm. He sent her a text saying to come get them from his work but if he already knew he didn't have to go in it is just another thing pointing to premeditation. JMO.

-Quote Originally Posted by pamelado2 View Post
He works at PBP just a few miles from his house, where the 1st search was.
Supposedly, he called that he was going to be late and they told him not to come in everyone was heading home anyway.

-Thanks Pamelado. Im curious who he spoke to? As in, did that call really occur or did he get an office Memo on Thursday?? Or neither...
***Most large companies in the area were taking the State Officials weather advisement as a serious matter***

***Agreed. Premeditation IMO.

I'm pretty sure they think those texts came after her death. She left her boyfriend's at 7:10 and it's a 15 minute drive.

Even the fact that they used "new beau" in the article is making me angry right now. What is this, Seventeen magazine?

There are so many inconsistencies from the LEO, combined with his misplaced interpretations. "Ugh this again" is a realistic one!

I have read conflicting statements about the "several interviews" it took before Steve confessed. How does that square up to the candid tearful single "one" interview??

At least they described him as "stoic" this time instead of "super duper sorry and bawling all over the place!"

I'm pretty sure they think those texts came after her death. She left her boyfriend's at 7:10 and it's a 15 minute drive.

I think so too. I also wonder if she would have even gone if she knew he was not going into work. I think she only went for her children and if SM had said he was staying there she might have taken the children elsewhere to ride out the storm. Paul said that SM and CM had been fighting a lot in the weeks leading up to her murder. I think she was staying away from SM and the house more and SM was getting more and more angered by that. JMO.

you know I wondered that too. meth was one thought, anabolic steroids was another and then I wondered if he might have a brain tumor? all of those possibilities could answer for the rage but then ofcourse not eating and obsessing on her every move could also be possible maybe probable

oops how did I get a duplicate? sorry do not know how to remove it
I think he's just an evil liar.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So if the kids were still asleep, that means he did it very soon after she arrived. Did she even get to peek into the rooms first, I wonder? There must not have been a shouting match, and his grip on her (from behind, because COWARD) must have been severe enough where she could barely struggle. I'm 90% on board with the "this was premeditated and he was waiting for her" line of thinking now.

Ugh, this again. What does "not long before she disappeared" even mean, time-wise? Sorry, but I believe Paul Hargrave when he said that he didn't think Steve knew about the cruise. I'm sure Crystal would have told him she broke the news to Steve, just like she told him that he'd found out about their Galveston trip and all of their other little arguments. So that means that Crystal would have had to tell him that morning, which I think is very, very unlikely.

Edit: Want to add something else: The fricken CRUISE thing is what is giving chubby, lonely boys who could never get a woman like Crystal the drive to say such awful things about her in the comments of articles such as this one.

-A lot of 'lonely boy' chatter about her success is being swat at too. I saw 3 SOLD properties for her in just the month of August, don't know if there were more. Good for her!!!

I think so too. I also wonder if she would have even gone if she knew he was not going into work. I think she only went for her children and if SM had said he was staying there she might have taken the children elsewhere to ride out the storm. Paul said that SM and CM had been fighting a lot in the weeks leading up to her murder. I think she was staying away from SM and the house more and SM was getting more and more angered by that. JMO.
Well I think it was mainly the week before. The weekend before she went away with the new boyfriend and the Wednesday before she disappeared she has the text exchange with her friend in AL saying Steve didn't know about Paul. But Paul said Steve found out about him (and Crystal wasn't happy about that) before Friday morning. That's a tight timeline.

Well I think it was mainly the week before. The weekend before she went away with the new boyfriend and the Wednesday before she disappeared she has the text exchange with her friend in AL saying Steve didn't know about Paul. But Paul said Steve found out about him (and Crystal wasn't happy about that) before Friday morning. That's a tight timeline.

That's all from HLN with Ashleigh Banfield

I think it is possible Crystal told him about the cruise...it was coming up pretty soon, she kind of had to tell him. She knew he already knew about PH.

At least they described him as "stoic" this time instead of "super duper sorry and bawling all over the place!"

bet he saw the house shrink and got an RX to soothe his aching soul....he's toast and he knows it. V-V <--< my crappy pitchfork lol sorry just had to express some grief and anger
I

I think it is possible Crystal told him about the cruise...it was coming up pretty soon, she kind of had to tell him. She knew he already knew about PH.

She may have told him that she didn't want him to go, but I doubt she told him about PH going instead. It makes no sense. PH said himself that he didn't think SM knew and that Crystal didn't want him to know. And this was true up until she left his house that morning, because there's no way she wouldn't have mentioned it to him. She told him that SM found out about Galveston, told him about their other little spats, etc. So that means if she told SM about PH going on the cruise it would have had to be when she walked through SM's door, right before he strangled her. I don't see it going that way.

Overall, this (PH going on the cruise) seems like a bit of information that has blown up and taken on a life of its own. All he was trying to convey at the time (when she was still missing, mind you) is that they were supposed to go on a cruise that Friday. Next thing you know it was, "Whoa, did the ex know?" (to which he answered he didn't think so) and now it's "She told her ex her 'new beau' was going on the cruise and he snapped." There is no evidence of that though.

My point in a nutshell is that I think she would have mentioned it to PH, but it's clear by his statements that she didn't. I take that to mean that it never happened. The article doesn't say this, but if he (Steve) is trying to say she did, it's because he saw the interview with PH and is trying to use it as a motive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back