TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sheriff tearing up about when they took the kids away...knowing they would never see their mom, or their dad as a free man. Said both kids hugged everyone in LE as soon as they were out of the house. He felt like they had seen and heard violence. LE let him go home alone that last night once they had the kids as he promised he would "tell all" in the morning. He had told his older daughter from other marriage that he had not done anything, but then he confessed to her that night, more or less, that he knew where her body was.

The next day, the ex finally took LE to her body after stalling a while. He has yet to make a plea and the possibility of a "passion" defense still exists. LE says tehy would not have found her otherwise. The DA feels this was premeditated at least within that hour, while sheriff opts for crime of passion.

Thanks for posting what was on 48 Hours! Don't get it here, and very much appreciated!

So.... :waiting: for a Grand Jury indictment....

notice that only the bail bondsman said he was spending her money. I'm pretty sure he had a decent job.
The only new information I see is the bike purchase and video, hiding something in the trash at Shell, the conversations between him and his older daughter, the fact that Cindy was asked to stay close and Madden's reaction. Anything else?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes they have him pushing something down in trash can (near motel?) but all the trash had washed away before they could get to it, looked like clothing.

Yes they have him pushing something down in trash can (near motel?) but all the trash had washed away before they could get to it, looked like clothing.

Maybe the black overnight bag?

I believe that was found at Steve's house. A bag of Crystal's was there anyways. Paperwork?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
There was a briefcase found at Steve's, not the overnight bag. That's never been found IIRC.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OT - Please take a moment to read the latest help request from Tricia. You can see her note called "it is urgent now" under the Missing Persons Discussion forum. Here's a snip:

"You can donate at .com or use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com and you can donate thru PayPal.com or Google Wallet

This is URGENT!!!

There are bills coming up that are not going to be paid and that will start the awful domino effect that could lead to real trouble for Websleuths."

OT - Please take a moment to read the latest help request from Tricia. You can see her note called "it is urgent now" under the Missing Persons Discussion forum. Here's a snip:

"You can donate at .com or use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com and you can donate thru PayPal.com or Google Wallet

This is URGENT!!!

There are bills coming up that are not going to be paid and that will start the awful domino effect that could lead to real trouble for Websleuths."

Whiskers16, thank you for being a true friend and loyal supporter by promoting the intense need for funding, as this site has been vital in successful search and rescue missions and activities, as well as, a source of comfort for the loved ones of copious victims. Our time spent here, as sleuths, is on a volunteer basis meant for the victims of unsolved mysteries and a valuable tool used by Law Enforcement Officers and Investigators.

Law Enforcement Officers frequent this site to glean helpful clues provided, by participation of our fellow members, in an effort to aid investigations.

One particular murdered victim's thread on WS, was infiltrated by a certain LE due to an influence by a particular member usurping the flow of discussion. I initiated contact with LE due to my belief that the member was intentionally distracting and surreptious participation by interjecting irrelevant data.

The member pretended to be an Ivy League graduate; however, the member did not know the difference between the words then and than. Hence, a red flag was tossed my way.

Do not fear. The turncoat member was forever banned from using Websleuths in the future. However, that is only one event that benefitted LEO personnel and personally witnessed live and in action. There are other LEs who are also grateful for our productive work.

With that being stated, I wish, to encourage, all guests to also financially support the beneficial work conducted here at Websleuths, especially, during this time of financial crises. If everyone who accessed Websleuths contributed $5, we would well be on our way to salvaging this dynamic tool.

Whiskers16, thank you for being a true friend and loyal supporter by promoting the intense need for funding, as this site has been vital in successful search and rescue missions and activities, as well as, a source of comfort for the loved ones of copious victims. Our time spent here, as sleuths, is on a volunteer basis meant for the victims of unsolved mysteries and a valuable tool used by Law Enforcement Officers and Investigators.

Law Enforcement Officers frequent this site to glean helpful clues provided, by participation of our fellow members, in an effort to aid investigations.

One particular murdered victim's thread on WS, was infiltrated by a certain LE due to an influence by a particular member usurping the flow of discussion. I initiated contact with LE due to my belief that the member was intentionally distracting and surreptious participation by interjecting irrelevant data.

The member pretended to be an Ivy League graduate; however, the member did not know the difference between the words then and than. Hence, a red flag was tossed my way.

Do not fear. The turncoat member was forever banned from using Websleuths in the future. However, that is only one event that benefitted LEO personnel and personally witnessed live and in action. There are other LEs who are also grateful for our productive work.

With that being stated, I wish, to encourage, all guests to also financially support the beneficial work conducted here at Websleuths, especially, during this time of financial crises. If everyone who accessed Websleuths contributed $5, we would well be on our way to salvaging this dynamic tool.

I enjoy WS so much that I just made my second donation! I'd hate to see one of my favorite forums disappear.

Steve McDowell was indicted on Thursday, November 9th by a Grand Jury for "intent to cause serious bodily injury" and "commit an act clearly dangerous to human life,".

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ed-in-slaying-of-Baytown-Realtor-12354667.php

The Baytown man accused of strangling his ex-wife was indicted Thursday by a Chambers County grand jury, the next step in a gruesome case hit with setbacks at every turn.

First there was the hurricane. Then the slew of potential suspects to eliminate. Then finally a cadre of family members so eager to help that the District Attorney had to call them in for a grand jury inquiry after they may have meddled with investigation into Crystal McDowell's death, according to Sheriff Brian Hawthorne.

"It all wrapped around the private investigator that the family had hired," Hawthorne said. No one from the family was indicted, though some were subpoenaed to answer questions, he added.

Beat me to it again Jethro! Was coming over here to post this article!

Thanks for the update! Now I guess we wait for a further court date! :waiting:

Beat me to it again Jethro! Was coming over here to post this article!

Thanks for the update! Now I guess we wait for a further court date! :waiting:

-i’m confused. what does this indictment mean in relation to ‘murder’?
TIA

-i’m confused. what does this indictment mean in relation to ‘murder’?
TIA
An attorney familiar with Texas law would be helpful. My take is that the way the Texas murder statute is set up - they don't have degrees of murder (1st, 2nd, 3rd) - there is a requirement to have a grand jury affirm the difference between murder and manslaughter or affirm the elements of both. Probably the latter since in Texas a jury can convict someone charged with murder but accept a "heat of passion" defense was valid which would automatically convert the conviction to manslaughter and the convicted person will be sentenced under the manslaughter sentence range rather than the murder range.

I’m so sorry that Crystal’s children and family are facing Christmas without her. It is such a senseless and horrific tragedy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back