GUILTY TX - D’Lanny Reinelle Chairez, 20, (found/arrested) & James, 18 months, San Antonio, 22 Feb 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would suggest police track her cellphone GPS pings or Google location history etc to see where she went between the last sighting of JC in early February 2021 and February 24th 2021.

That video is from Jan 4. Thereafter, on Feb 21 and Feb 24, Dlanny is seen on video at Walgreens and riding a bus without James. In addition, on Feb 19, she told her aunt that she gave him away for adoption. MOO

I wonder if it is possible that she had another person staying with her. This could explain the unanswered doors, especially if she felt that the family would not approve. It could also explain spending Christmas without family and the condition of the trailer. This person may have been the "babysitter" when she went to work. Possibly the person harmed the child or they didn't want the child around. Just a thought.

Last edited:
I wonder if it is possible that she had another person staying with her. This could explain the unanswered doors, especially if she felt that the family would not approve. It could also explain spending Christmas without family and the condition of the trailer. This person may have been the "babysitter" when she went to work. Possibly the person harmed the child or they didn't want the child around. Just a thought.
I think after being arrested and jailed that she would spill the beans if someone else had a hand in this? Moo

It's really strange how she spent Thanksgiving with family, the baby was there and nobody was concerned. And then... she stops answering calls, making excuses for her family to not come and see her and the baby, etc.

I wonder who cared for the baby while she was at work and when did the baby stop showing up. Did she miss work before going "missing"? Such a strange case.

It's really strange how she spent Thanksgiving with family, the baby was there and nobody was concerned. And then... she stops answering calls, making excuses for her family to not come and see her and the baby, etc.

I wonder who cared for the baby while she was at work and when did the baby stop showing up. Did she miss work before going "missing"? Such a strange case.
I have wondered if she left him alone. That blood though... :( MOO

I have wondered if she left him alone. That blood though... :( MOO
A lot of blood too. What did she do to her poor baby?? It’s a bit strange to me she didn’t discard that as well in an attempt to cover up.. I really do think she was on a very fast downward spiral.
She defended her boyfriend as he was getting arrested and charged etc. did they stay together for awhile? Did they break up recently? Still wondering if there was some type of trigger.
Ugh so heartbreaking

A lot of blood too. What did she do to her poor baby?? It’s a bit strange to me she didn’t discard that as well in an attempt to cover up.. I really do think she was on a very fast downward spiral.
She defended her boyfriend as he was getting arrested and charged etc. did they stay together for awhile? Did they break up recently? Still wondering if there was some type of trigger.
Ugh so heartbreaking
I hear you. Maybe it was something akin to Casey Anthony and Dlanny met a new guy...James was in the way...she wanted to party. Disgusting to think about but as we know, it happens.

I also think about little Jordan Belliveau. Mommy had "a moment of frustration," back-handed him into a wall, he had seizures, and she didn't seek medical treatment but instead, took him to the woods and left him to die. Blood was also found in the home in that case.

If something triggered her recently though, I'm not sure that accounts for why she didn't allow the family to see James since Thanksgiving. Did he have marks, bruises, or other injuries that were not explainable? :( MOO

ETA - Jordan Belliveau: Mother of missing 2-year-old Largo boy admits to killing son in 'moment of frustration,' report says (abcactionnews.com)

...checking in ... still no baby James .... so so unbelievable. So reminds my of Evelyn ... is it my imagination or do their mothers. Even look alike? I know they are both young ... and experienced childhood trauma ... but jeez . .. just tell the truth! Moo

D’Lanny reportedly will not cooperate with police, only saying she put James up for adoption. However, officers searched her home and found his car seat, stroller, diapers, toys and crib. The crib’s sheets had human blood on them, according to court records.

Her family has since pleaded for D’Lanny to give information to police so James can be found safe.

CASE SEALED: Court shuts down access to reports involving missing toddler

Giving your child to someone and calling it an adoption is not an adoption. Legal adoptions can be done quietly, but there is proof they occurred in the form of a court order approving the voluntary surrender of parental rights, and a court order approving the adoption. She would have proof, the court would have proof, the adoptive parent would have proof.

Even if you adopt a dog from a shelter, you get paperwork.

If she threw away her proof or won't cooperate with sharing that proof, LE can independently verify with the courts that the adoption happened, they don't need her to answer that particular question.

Not to mention that there would have to be a surrender or termination of the father's parental rights, and he hasn't made one mention of that happening. Just because he's in prison doesn't mean he lost his parental rights. If his rights weren't terminated or surrendered, then the child cannot be legally adopted.

I do wonder why she didn't even try to get rid of his stuff. Why not sell it? It just doesn't make sense to keep his crib, stroller, car seat and toys if she did something to him or if she gave him to someone.

D’Lanny reportedly will not cooperate with police, only saying she put James up for adoption.

If that truly happened, you'd think she would simply say, yes, I gave him to John and Mary Smith, let me give you their address and phone number. There is nothing that would stop her, even if it was a temporary thing for whatever personal reasons - I work in a school district and have seen a number of situations where a parent had their child live with someone else for a while, and literally all we needed was for them to sign a loco parentis form, giving whatever person the right to speak to teachers and such on the parent's behalf. If she told the police this, she could end the whole situation immediately. But she's not. This to me says everything about whether poor little James is still safe and alive.

D’Lanny reportedly will not cooperate with police, only saying she put James up for adoption. However, officers searched her home and found his car seat, stroller, diapers, toys and crib. The crib’s sheets had human blood on them, according to court records.

Her family has since pleaded for D’Lanny to give information to police so James can be found safe.

CASE SEALED: Court shuts down access to reports involving missing toddler
Noting:

A recently uncovered phone call we were given has D’Lanny sticking to the adoption story.

Online court records also state a pre-hearing has been set for D’Lanny on April 14.

The only way I can see another side to a mother refusing to say where her child is (with John and Mary Smith for example) is if she fears for her child’s life. If there were threats against him or someone unsafe had access/soon-to-be access to the baby. If she felt handing the baby off to someone who could hide him with no proof of ties to her? Then yes, I can see her not giving up the info to protect her child. Sadly, I do not think that’s the case here.
If that truly happened, you'd think she would simply say, yes, I gave him to John and Mary Smith, let me give you their address and phone number. There is nothing that would stop her, even if it was a temporary thing for whatever personal reasons - I work in a school district and have seen a number of situations where a parent had their child live with someone else for a while, and literally all we needed was for them to sign a loco parentis form, giving whatever person the right to speak to teachers and such on the parent's behalf. If she told the police this, she could end the whole situation immediately. But she's not. This to me says everything about whether poor little James is still safe and alive.

A recently uncovered phone call we were given has D’Lanny sticking to the adoption story.

If she suffered some sort of mental break, either independently or due to something happening with James, she may honestly believe (or desperately want to believe) that he is safe and happy with some other family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalo13
Back