GUILTY TX - D’Lanny Reinelle Chairez, 20, (found/arrested) & James, 18 months, San Antonio, 22 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MAR 17, 2021
Two Chairez family members in prison, search for 18-month old continues | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)
[...]

Video from two years ago, shows Baby James’ father, Matthew James Dempsey being taken into custody by police.

In 2019, San Antonio police say Dempsey, then just 18-years old, killed his own mother while robbing her.

He was convicted later that year and is currently serving a 42-year sentence.

“That is a life-long impact to the infant or the baby even the parent who is still there trying to raise the child,” Sanchez said.

Baby James' maternal grandmother, Patricia Flores, is also serving time for murder.

Police from a Fort Worth suburb say back in 2016, she scalded her 2-year old grandson with hot bath water.

Flores didn't get him medical help for six days and the grandson later died from an infection.

[...]
What the holy hell...another baby who maybe never stood a chance...Maybe DRC and her mother can share a hell...oops cell. MOO

Grandmother who let toddler's deadly burns go untreated gets 57 years in prison

“Child Protective Services had removed Lyfe and his 5-month-old sister from their parents' home and placed the kids with Flores just weeks before the boy's death.”

I have no words....:(
And she went on the run too...

Texas Woman Sought for Grandson's Death
Meanwhile, an arrest warrant was issued for Flores. She faces a charge of injury to a child causing serious bodily injury, with a $75,000 bond. But police officers have been unable to locate the grandmother. Authorities believe that she may now be in the San Antonio area.

Grandmother who let toddler's deadly burns go untreated gets 57 years in prison

“Child Protective Services had removed Lyfe and his 5-month-old sister from their parents' home and placed the kids with Flores just weeks before the boy's death.”

I have no words....:(
So CPS took two children from their unfit parents and gave them to their torturing and murdering grandmother? I can say that, right, as she’s been convicted?

I say burn the family tree (both sides apparently) from the roots up, and continue to pray for James. I hope DRC DID give him to another family, it might be the only chance he had. Sadly, I don’t believe that happened though.

It’s too much. It’s all too much. To read how little Lyfe suffered and died....I might be done here. On the heels of precious James Hutchinson, I just can’t.

All my angry opinion and speculation, and I speak only of those family members already tried and convicted. MOO

Can you imagine your husband and your mother both being murderers? And, Dlanny's mother killed a baby, her own grandson!!! :eek::mad:o_O
Honestly? I can't. Talk about damaged! I don't think Hollywood would take this story line on. Nobody would watch. Such a freaking sad situation. This poor child didn't stand a chance. IMO What the heck kind of family/people are we dealing with here. Dear God!

MAR 17, 2021
Two Chairez family members in prison, search for 18-month old continues | KABB (foxsanantonio.com)
[...]

Video from two years ago, shows Baby James’ father, Matthew James Dempsey being taken into custody by police.

In 2019, San Antonio police say Dempsey, then just 18-years old, killed his own mother while robbing her.

He was convicted later that year and is currently serving a 42-year sentence.

“That is a life-long impact to the infant or the baby even the parent who is still there trying to raise the child,” Sanchez said.

So DRC was what 15 when her mother murdered her own grand baby. She had to of been living at home with the mother, I would think. Did she witness all this?
Poor baby James never had a chance.

Baby James' maternal grandmother, Patricia Flores, is also serving time for murder.

Police from a Fort Worth suburb say back in 2016, she scalded her 2-year old grandson with hot bath water.

Flores didn't get him medical help for six days and the grandson later died from an infection.

[...]

Can you imagine your husband and your mother both being murderers? And, Dlanny's mother killed a baby, her own grandson!!! :eek::mad:o_O
And where was DRC when her mother murdered that baby? She had to of been what 15, was she living with her mother when the baby was murdered? If so her baby never stood a chance.

About this grandmother North Texas grandmother pleads guilty to murder of her own grandson | kens5.com
According to police affidavits, back in March 2016, Flores, who was 43 at the time, told police her grandson had accidentally gotten into hot tub water she was using for cleaning. But because she was a nursing assistant, she thought she could treat his burns at home. Flores was acting as Lyfe's CPS guardian at the time.

Who cleans with that temp of water? Waited 6 days. Sadly this poor childs name/nickname is "Lyfe" OMG
The reason I'm reading about this is to see if this woman used any tactics to harm her child. IMO

Last edited:
And where was DRC when her mother murdered that baby? She had to of been what 15, was she living with her mother when the baby was murdered? If so her baby never stood a chance.
D’Lanny wasn’t listed as family in the obituary, maybe she was living with another family member? Her father or aunt perhaps?

MAR 17, 2021
Community holds vigil as search for missing 19-month old boy continues | kens5.com
[...]

James’ smiling face remains very much missed by those who knew and loved him, which includes his great aunt, MG.

She said he was a bundle of joy who loved playing with dogs.

[...]

“To see everybody here and the support that they’re showing not just for me but for James. James is not alone. He does have a village behind him. He has a train and this train is going to go hard. We’re not going to stop until we find out where he is,” MG said.

[...]

D’Lanny wasn’t listed as family in the obituary, maybe she was living with another family member? Her father or aunt perhaps?

It doesn't matter who you live with to get named in an obituary...

Personally I found it ironic - if not downright cruel to Lyfe's memory - to ask mourners to wear blue for child abuse awareness, then go right on to list his parents as his survivors.

Y'know, the same parents from whose custody he had just been removed...

Personally I found it ironic - if not downright cruel to Lyfe's memory - to ask mourners to wear blue for child abuse awareness, then go right on to list his parents as his survivors.

That’s infuriating...beyond...

My post wording came out wonky, my thoughts were jumbled at the tragic events of this family.
I was wondering why she wasn’t in the obituary and where she was living when little Lyfe was killed.

Last edited:
MAR 18, 2021
Texas mom of missing toddler arrested after blood found on crib sheets | Fox News
[...]

She was arrested Tuesday on charges of abandoning or endangering a child, court records show. Chairez was being held on $250,000 bond and did not appear to have an attorney on file, but she was scheduled to receive a court-appointed lawyer Thursday.

Chairez is due back in court April 14.

[...]

And the father, Matthew James Dempsey, was convicted in 2019 of slashing his own mother’s throat after he and an accomplice beat her with a baseball bat, according to the San Antonio Express-News.

MAR 18, 2021
Family's plea to missing toddler's mother: 'What deep secret to you have?' | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)
[...]

We spoke with family who wants to share a message with baby James' mother.

[...]

Thursday, records show the 20-year-old mother has lawyered up.

[...]

MG fears her niece will remain silent as she has, despite meeting with detectives in the last 24 hours.

"She's sticking to the story of that he was adopted,” MG said. “And she went to a good family."

[...]

“Help me understand what's going on in your mind, what deep secret do you have,” MG pleaded. “I want to help you and I love you and I don't want nothing bad to happen to you. James deserves to be with family, James deserves to know that he's loved and missed.”

A situation she still does not understand how it unfolded but believes mental health played a role.

She recently went in to the mother and baby James' home and says something drastically changed.

"The smell that the trash was just destroyed, I mean the floors destroyed, there's a big hole in one of the rooms," MG revealed.

[...]

The family plans to start a search for baby James on the North Side tomorrow, putting up fliers with his picture near bus stops --- starting at the VIA bus stop on San Pedro as soon as they can.

[...]

I think from what I sleuthed , the only people in the obituary of Gabe Flores besides the dad is the moms side of the family, probably because of the circumstances of the death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24
Back