TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is sweet, but I also remember a scrappy side too. She used to defend me all the time because one of our other sisters enjoyed bullying me often :) To me back then Deanna was the coolest of the cool! The spring break before she went missing she walked all the way over to my parents house from where she was staying over two and a half miles away, she told me she was coming to get me because she wanted to hang out with me. So I got to stay few days where she was living at the time. Of course, back then it still seemed safe to let your kids walk around by themselves... I found some more pictures from when we were kids but I still haven't unpacked my scanner, so it may be a while before I get them loaded.

Nothing wrong with being scrappy! We hopefully all have that side growing up now and then. It just shows confidence.

How sweet! Those memories I am sure are quite precious. Can't wait to see more photos of her!

Has the name Jason Eric Massey ever been mentioned to you involving Deanna?

I think you need to prepare yourself before you look into him. I will say he was executed on May 3, 2001 in Huntsville, TX after confessing. His background is very disturbing and he "associated" himself with Ted Bundy and other famous serial killers.

The MO of how Deanna went missing is almost exactly the same as to how his 13yo victim and her 14yo step-brother went missing. The case was very brutal and it goes into quite graphic detail...so you may want to just pass the information onto Sgt. Davis to check into instead. However, it is worth him looking into I believe. (I would advise you to not to go to the website listed below because it contains the entire case. You can mail this to Sgt. Davis and let him check it out for you.)

13 year old was assisted by Massey in "sneaking out of the house" one night, never to return.
In July 1993, James King was awakened early one morning by the sound of a car pulling up to his house, honking its horn twice, and driving away. A little later, when the car came by again, King looked out his window and observed a tan car turn off its headlights and park in front of his house. King got out of bed and went to the front door. Looking outside, he saw his 14-year old son, Brian, approach the car on foot and talk to the people in the car.

Approximately 10 days earlier, Christopher Nowlin had been riding in a car with Jason Massey, who was 20 years old and lived in Canton, Texas. Nowlin convinced Massey to drive over to see Christina, a friend of Nowlin's. Massey flirted with Christina, and she told him that she would like to "sneak out" sometime. Massey agreed, and told Christina that he would drive by her house around midnight some night and honk his horn and that she was to go to the old Fina station on I-45 and wait.

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/massey706.htm

Oh, I am sooo sorry, MISSIE! I was reposting it so I could warn you first! I am just so sorry. *Hugs* I even checked to make sure you weren't on here..but I guess you came online before I got it posted. I tried to be so careful of how I presented this to you and I blew it. I feel just awful.

Thats okay SS!! I'm a big girl, I can handle it. Now if I were reading something like that about Deanna, I would just die. I know it sounds cold, but with most cases I can keep most of the emotions at a distance. Thank you for the info SS, I still can't find anything that has his past residences. These murders were commited near Canton, over 3 hours from where we lived. I'm not writing him off, just would like to know more about him.

I will see what I can find for you. When I googled it...it came up only 2 hours away from Killeen as they have the kids' address where they went missing listed as Garrett, TX and not Canton.

oh, I didn't see Garrett Texas, but I was just skimming through. I'm going to send the picture of him to my sisters and see if he looks familiar to either of them.

There were other people who were brought up in the trial which were questionable, too. Two other guys, Christopher and Paul, who knew all about Massey and his "plans". Some believe they should be suspects as there were two people mentioned as being in the car.

Thank you for the link SS. I'm honestly too tired to read it all tonight, but I have saved the pictures of him and his car to my computer. I'm going to email them to my sisters to see if he looks familiar but I wont mention his name yet, I don't want them googling him and finding the same info I did until I can talk to them about it. He did have a brown car, and Bekki last saw Deanna leaving in a brown car, but she said the guys were hispanic.

The more I read on this guy, the more I wonder about the other men he was involved with during the time before.

I had no idea when I found his name he was actually so well known. I had found an obscure missing persons site and was reading name to name of their missing when his name popped up. It may not have anything to do with him, but it is worth checking into at least. He has quite a past.

I agree SS. He would have been 17 when Deanna disappeared, but I don't think that is a reason to brush him aside, he obviously was very sick way before then.

Yes, it is frightening how mentally ill this guy was from such an early age and how clear it was to the psychiatrist...yet he was out and not held in confinement in 1991 when they obtained all that information.

Deanna went missing the year before well after he had started such behaviors. He could be misleading in his journaling about continually searching for his "virgin kill", IMO. They believe he lied about other things, so why wouldn't they think he would lie about other cases? After he was incarcerated, he began trying to get out.

Can I ask why you have to go to Killeen instead of him telling you what is going on over the phone? I thought about that and couldn't figure it out. In this age of technology, it seems like everything could be done by internet or telephone that would pertain to her case. Just curious....

He can't say whats going on at all. I'm not going there for that, all of that has to stay with him for now until he learns more. I'm going so that I can meet him in person, which I have never been able to do, and also so that I can look at the past records for her case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff