TX TX - Dina Escobar, 61, vanished looking for her missing brother, Rogelio, 65, Houston, 28 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, I am sure they are not saying anything, because of the investigation. But, definitely has my curiosity peaked.

No one is too old for gang activity... IMO. Yes, most grow out of it, but there are plenty of OG's still around. The ones I personally know, from my former profession, take a more behind the scenes approach. But, there are some still out there that are shot callers for sure. Unfortunately, for some, that is the only life they know.

One thing about gangs is that they won't necessarily go after you if you did something to them. They will go after your family, instead. It hurts that person more. I find this especially true with the cartels. I am not saying this is what happened here, but just wanted to point out the fact that they don't necessarily have to have direct involvement, if that is the case.

I had wondered the same thing, about indirect involvement. I'm no expert, but the interviews I saw with the sons of both Rogerio and Dina looked like they were sober, intelligent, very concerned guys. Of course that may not apply to everyone. It's just such a terrible thing to see both siblings disappear, people who should be approaching retirement to enjoy their lives.

Loved ones hope for answers in mystery of missing siblings

For the first time in nearly a month, Dina Escobar's children could feel her presence again by returning to the church she considered a second home

Siblings Roy and Dina have been missing since the end of August. A torched van in Galveston found days later belonged to Dina, but searches since have come up empty in their hunt for justice.

UPDATE
The worst kind of development. A RELATIVE is the suspect in these siblings’ disappearance. He has been arrested for the murders of homeless men in CA, and is linked to the missing case of siblings Dina and Rogelio Escobar in TX. Presser scheduled for later this today.

Relative of 2 missing siblings in Houston arrested in California

Ramon Escobar has been arrested in connection with a series of vicious beatings of homeless men as they were sleeping in downtown Los Angeles.

Two of the victims later died and one was left in critical condition. Police say the suspect used a baseball bat to attack his victims while they slept and he then robbed them. He also allegedly beat another man who was sleeping under the Santa Monica pier.

Websleuth’s thread on the CA case:
Los Angeles, CA - Three homeless men critical after baseball bat attacks in downtown L.A., Sept. '18

Last edited:
UPDATE
The worst kind of development. A RELATIVE is the suspect in these siblings’ disappearance. He has been arrested for the murders of homeless men in CA, and is linked to the missing case of siblings Dina and Rogelio Escobar in TX. Presser scheduled for later this today.

Los Angeles, CA - Three homeless men critical after baseball bat attacks in downtown L.A., Sept. '18

Terrible news. Thanks for the update. Who would have thought these two cases were connected?
Sounds like there's going to be a press conference later today

Ramon Escobar's exact connection to their disappearance has not been detailed. Los Angeles police are expected to hold a press conference Tuesday to discuss the case.

Earlier Monday, Los Angeles police announced the arrest of Ramon Escobar. The 47-year-old was booked for murder and is being held without bail, the LAPD said in a press release.

Is he a raging psychopath or what? Killing defenseless homeless people and your relatives?

UPDATE

Oh no, how awful! Bad enough if it's an acquaintance, boy or girl friend or stranger, but your own family? Horrible! I would love to be optimistic and think there's a small chance that the siblings are safe somewhere, but my head tells me they're gone.

'Violent predator' faces 3 murder charges after attacks on homeless - CNN 'Violent predator' faces 3 murder charges after attacks on homeless — CNN

“A previously deported felon”
So why did this alleged killer want to stay in the US so badly and how is it that for one apparently so lacking in self control, managed to appeal his latest immigration case?
imo, speculation.
"Escobar was deported to El Salvador six times between 1997 and 2011, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement said.
He was released from ICE custody last year after appealing his most recent immigration case, the ICE statement said"

Latest: Foul play against suspect's missing uncle, aunt eyed

Foul play is now suspected in the disappearance of the aunt and uncle of a suspect in several California homicides.

Ramon Escobar is considered a person of interest in the cases.

Ramon Escobar is suspected in a series of killings and beatings targeting sleeping homeless people in Southern California. He was charged Wednesday in Los Angeles with three counts of murder, five counts of attempted murder and four counts of second-degree robbery.

Latest: Foul play against suspect's missing uncle, aunt eyed

Foul play is now suspected in the disappearance of the aunt and uncle of a suspect in several California homicides.

Ramon Escobar is considered a person of interest in the cases.

Ramon Escobar is suspected in a series of killings and beatings targeting sleeping homeless people in Southern California. He was charged Wednesday in Los Angeles with three counts of murder, five counts of attempted murder and four counts of second-degree robbery.

Jeez, he was deported back to El Salvador 6 times? And he kept coming back. A mad, rabid dog is more endearing than this monster. Evil personified.

At the very least, I hope they can get him to tell where he left Rogelio and Dina.

I'm wondering if other family members knew he was in the Houston area when Rogelio and Dina went missing? Did they tell LE? Did the family suspect Ramon? Perhaps that's how they made the connection.

ETA: This article below indicates Ramon Escobar did come to the attention of Houston police after his family went missing, but they didn't flag him for arrest.

Houston cops interviewed 6-time deportee Ramon Escobar, now charged in Calif. killings

They said they had no probable cause to arrest him, which, at that time was probably true. I wonder if he asked them for money, then flew into a rage when they refused.

Escobar was looking for work and needed a place to stay so his aunt and uncle, Dina and Rogelio Escobar, took him in, his cousin Ligia Salamanca, told KTRK-TV in Houston on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Texas man accused of series of California homeless beatings
(maybe paywalled after 1 reading)

Dina Escobar’s daughter, Ligia Salamanca, told KTRK-TV in Houston earlier Tuesday that her cousin, Ramon Escobar, had never come across as violent and wasn’t a source of trouble for the family.

“She loved him as she would a son,” Salamanca said of her mother’s devotion to Ramon Escobar.

Salamanca said he had been looking for work and needed a place to stay, so he was taken in by his uncle, who went missing days later.

Man linked to deadly beatings in L.A. was deported 6 times

Escobar's cousin Ligia Salamanca told reporters he was "a family member that was in the house both days my mom and my uncle went missing."

Salamanca added, "I'm glad that it can hopefully be solved, and I want justice to be served."

Authorities suspect the 47-year-old drove to Los Angeles after the questioning. LAPD believes he arrived in Southern California on Sept. 5.

Judge reverses order barring court photos of murder suspect (with clip)

September 27, 2018

"LOS ANGELES (AP) — A Los Angeles judge on Thursday reversed an order barring journalists from publishing courtroom photographs of a Texas man charged with beating to death three men in Southern California.

The Associated Press and the Los Angeles Times successfully challenged Superior Court Judge Gustavo Sztraicher's order as an unconstitutional intrusion on free speech.

Sztraicher on Wednesday ordered reporters to stop filming and photographing when an attorney for Ramon Escobar objected...."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/t...es-order-barring-court-photos-of-13264433.php
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troubling. I wonder if it's interfering with an ongoing investigation? Rogelio was definitely too old to be involved in any gang activity. I wonder if he had done or said something to local gang members to make them angry? Told them to stop selling drugs in the neighborhood? Threatened to call the police, etc.?
I would have thought that too, but after the Jordan B case in FL, I won't assume anything. His great grandma was a known gang associate according to police!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BentDove
Back