TX TX - Dina Escobar, 61, vanished looking for her missing brother, Rogelio, 65, Houston, 28 Aug 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is odd though. If the family did suspect foul play... I wonder why the sister would go looking for him to begin with? It sounds like she walked right into a trap.

Why not call LE for the welfare check and warn them about the potential danger. It just seems strange. I am glad TE is already involved though!

This certainly is a strange case. I'm wondering if there is a history of criminal affiliation, drug use, or mental issues. Not trying to be disrespectful, just trying to piece this together...which is ATM, very difficult

Editing to add that if forced to guess, I wonder if someone owed someone a large sum of money?

That’s a good point. I hadn’t thought of that. Their last name .... I wonder if it is relatively common to have the last name of Escobar in Mexico and other Latin American countries? And whether there’s any relationship between these siblings and THE Escobars?

It is odd though. If the family did suspect foul play... I wonder why the sister would go looking for him to begin with? It sounds like she walked right into a trap.

Why not call LE for the welfare check and warn them about the potential danger. It just seems strange. I am glad TE is already involved though!
Maybe he has a history of wandering off?

Sister disappears while looking for missing brother in southwest Houston

RE disappeared Sunday and DE went missing that following Tuesday. Homicide is already involved in the case so maybe LE knows more than being revealed.

Apparently DE has children. I am not sure if her brother does or doesn’t. The article makes no mention of a spouse.

Per the news story (linked above)
DE’s daughter says it’s not like her mom to go days without contacting her family.

“She’s very close to all of us,” she said. “We have group text messages where we’re always sending pictures to each other. (Saying), ‘How was your day?’ Goodnight.”

That’s a good point. I hadn’t thought of that. Their last name .... I wonder if it is relatively common to have the last name of Escobar in Mexico and other Latin American countries? And whether there’s any relationship between these siblings and THE Escobars?

Escobar is a pretty common Latino last name.

MISSING: Dina Escobar – Houston, TX (8/27/18)
rbbm.
"60 year old Dina Escobar was last known to be at Prudence Drive on August 27th to check on her brother who is also missing from the same address. She was last known to be wearing a White Shirt and Black Jeans. If you have any information regarding this case please contact the Houston Police Dept at 832-394-1840 or Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

In addition, please be on the lookout for a white 2007 Chevy Uplander Van with a Taped Back Window and Paper Tags."

Escobar is a pretty common Latino last name.

Thank you Dewey Decimal for clearing that up. My knowledge is embarrassingly poor in the arena of Latin America and Latino cultures (customs, norms, etc).

I just tried to go back and delete my two questions, but the edit link has disappeared.

Moderator(s): If either of my earlier questions regarding the last name could be unintentionally misleading or offensive, please delete the post.

MISSING: Dina Escobar – Houston, TX (8/27/18)
rbbm.
"60 year old Dina Escobar was last known to be at Prudence Drive on August 27th to check on her brother who is also missing from the same address. She was last known to be wearing a White Shirt and Black Jeans. If you have any information regarding this case please contact the Houston Police Dept at 832-394-1840 or Texas EquuSearch at (281) 309-9500.

In addition, please be on the lookout for a white 2007 Chevy Uplander Van with a Taped Back Window and Paper Tags."

Oh, Good catch, Aug 27 was on a Monday.

Regarding your source, what date was the story published?
I bet the more recent article is the correct one.

The source I cited earlier published the story Aug 31. and was updated 9/1.
It says:

“Rogelio Escobar, 65, was last seen Sunday, August 26, 2018. On Tuesday, his 61-year-old sister, Dinora Escobar, went over to his house to look for him and disappeared too.”

Last edited:
Wondering/assuming the magnet on the car, “Cleaning Connect.” had something to do with a business one of them may have been involved with, could there be some kind of a link between that and the disappearances? imo, speculation.
Missing Houston man's sister disappears while looking for him, family says

"Dina Escobar was last seen driving a 2007 Chevy van with paper plates and a square magnet that reads “Cleaning Connect.”

It seems that Dina either knew where to search for her brother or she was lured into some sort of trap. The latter would possibly have some sort of digital footprint.
If she knew where to look I hope other family members were aware of the same. Unless, it was other family members involved.

Burned van found after brother and sister mysteriously vanish
SNIPPED: Sister goes looking for my brother asking, 'Where's my brother?' and she goes for a ride with another relative, and now she's missing. It's very suspicious circumstances, to say the least," Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch said.

So who was this other relative?

And where did this "relative" take her? Where did they go search? Did the relative drive the van that was found burned?

The area where the burned up van was found is somewhat remote. Looks like its an area where people like to go fishing. It's over 50 miles from where the Escobars were last seen.

Google Maps

There are some homes along 11 Mile Rd and across the bayou. I wonder if anyone living there saw something?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back