Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TG2. Long time no see. Much obliged.
Agreed, Dex. Good to see you TG2. :seeya: Thanks so much for your usual insightful input. Apparently LE has accepted her story for now, so we will see how this plays out.

Hi y'all! Long time no see is right! I've been on a little sabbatical of sorts.....figured I'd come out of hiding for this case since I've been following along. Plus, how long can you really stay away from WS? ;) Glad to be back & happy to see you both!! :loveyou:

Or maybe to show 'the job was done'!

That was my first thought too. I was thinking it must be something "priceless" for the other person involved but I was thinking it was KH's cell phone for some reason.

The ex wouldn't need it as proof Kendra was dead because the murder would be reported in the news.

But if CC didn't wear gloves, her fingerprints would be all over it. The ex-gf could hold it over her head as proof she was involved.

Oooooooooooh. Good point Bessie! I didn't think of that. :thinking:

A jealous ex is usually so preoccupied with what the couple is doing without them that there really is no telling what her motive was for wanting the driver's license. It could be for a "the job is done" or just that she wanted it because it was KH's.

The ex is trying to make it sound like she just wanted the license without making it sound like she knew the robbery and killing was going to take place.

She is trying to distance herself from capital murder charges. Now who is the guy she got the jeep from. Is he going to be involved now too.

A real life bunny boiler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would she want her Drivers License?
If the ex had an obsession with the BF, she may have planned to take (at least, in her mind) the identity of Kendra. Pedro Bravo murdered Christian Aguilar in a similar love triangle. After killing Aguilar, Bravo kept some of his belongings including his backpack (which LE found in Bravo's apartment) and, IIRC, his driver's license was in it. It appeared that, in his twisted mind, Bravo wanted to take on Aguilar's identity to gain back his ex. I wouldn't doubt that there was something similar in the mind of the ex here.

I was thinking immediate proof that the "hit-person" had carried out the job. As if there would be doubt.... er, guess not.
I read it incorrectly the first time. The ex is said to have paid the man to retrieve the DL. The point remains the same.

If that part is true, she didn't pay anyone simply to steal a DL, imo.

I doubt the bitter ex was going to try and pass herself off as Kendra. Maybe it was some kind of trophy for her.

The ex is trying to make it sound like she just wanted the license without making it sound like she knew the robbery and killing was going to take place.

She is trying to distance herself from capital murder charges. Now who is the guy she got the jeep from. Is he going to be involved now too.

BBM

That's a good question but isn't he the one who called LE to say that the jeep was his?

I'll be honest....I wasn't expecting the girl that loaned CC the jeep to be the ex-girlfriend! My jaw dropped!!

Why would she want her Drivers License?

I don't believe that story about wanting the drivers license. That is so ridiculous. She wanted Kendra gone. Just sickening. Shouldn't be long before this woman is arrested too.

If the guy who loaned his jeep didn't know for what purpose it would be used, he would not be in trouble. If he did know it was going to be the getaway vehicle in the commission of a felony...yeah...he's in trouble too. Not murder, it would be some lesser charge.

I doubt the bitter ex was going to try and pass herself off as Kendra. Maybe it was some kind of trophy for her.
No, I don't think she was going to legally try to pass herself off as Kendra. I'm not sure how to explain the psychological aspect; I just know that it has happened in similar cases. You may be right that it was a sort of trophy for her. But, how could she think that the deed wouldn't be traced back to her since the jeep's owner knew who he loaned his vehicle to?

I don't believe that story about wanting the drivers license. That is so ridiculous. She wanted Kendra gone. Just sickening. Shouldn't be long before this woman is arrested too.

Agree! These folks seem like the stupidest bunch of liars to come down the pike in a long time.

So sorry for Kendra's BF and their families. This latest news is just gut-wrenching.

If the guy who loaned his jeep didn't know for what purpose it would be used, he would not be in trouble. If he did know it was going to be the getaway vehicle in the commission of a felony...yeah...he's in trouble too. Not murder, it would be some lesser charge.
Well, since he's the one who called LE when he saw his car in the news, I think he really was clueless.

She was probably going to email it to bf and tell him that this will happen to all his future lovers.

Kammiemc. Bunny rabbit boiling moment indeed. Fatal Attraction and Scorned wrapped up in one.

BBM

That's a good question but isn't he the one who called LE to say that the jeep was his?

I'll be honest....I wasn't expecting the girl that loaned CC the jeep to be the ex-girlfriend! My jaw dropped!!

My jaw dropped too! I'm glad for developments, but sure do feel for the boyfriend. As someone posted above, his silence now makes sense.

Big news.

Congrats LE....keep on rounding 'em up.

I'm starting to wonder if there is even an "unknown suspect" anymore...it sure doesn't seem likely to me based on what we know so far. If anyone was in the back of the jeep, I'm thinking it might have been the ex-girlfriend.

Well, since he's the one who called LE when he saw his car in the news, I think he really was clueless.

The friend was quick to say she loaned it to cc. So i wonder if cc knew that the friend was the actual culprit at first.

No, I don't think she was going to legally try to pass herself off as Kendra. I'm not sure how to explain the psychological aspect; I just know that it has happened in similar cases. You may be right that it was a sort of trophy for her. But, how could she think that the deed wouldn't be traced back to her since the jeep's owner knew who he loaned his vehicle to?

My first thought about the driver's license was identity theft, so I don't think you're wrong.

Of course, that's assuming what the ex GF told the police is even true.

I'd be having a hard time keeping a straight face if I heard that story.

"According to the warrants, Cortes told police the ex-girlfriend had an iPhone that she used to track Hatcher before the shooting."

Can someone explain to me how this works? Does one have to buy Find My iPhone from iTunes and load it on their phone - and then other iPhones who have the same app, type in the other phone number to locate it?

"The slaying of dentist Kendra Hatcher in an Uptown garage last week may be linked to a plot by her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend, new Dallas police documents say.

The ex-girlfriend, who has not been arrested, dated Hatcher’s boyfriend for two years before they broke up earlier this year, according to a search warrant affidavit."

More at link:

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201.../?hootPostID=f034c759fe9171a5231c81520dd82bf9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlaJCarl