TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't think she was going to legally try to pass herself off as Kendra. I'm not sure how to explain the psychological aspect; I just know that it has happened in similar cases. You may be right that it was a sort of trophy for her. But, how could she think that the deed wouldn't be traced back to her since the jeep's owner knew who he loaned his vehicle to?
I don't think she was counting on all of those surveillance images being flashed all over the news. Obviously, she's not very bright.

I'm starting to wonder if there is even an "unknown suspect" anymore...it sure doesn't seem likely to me based on what we know so far. If anyone was in the back of the jeep, I'm thinking it might have been the ex-girlfriend.

You think there were three people in the jeep?

My gut thinks the ex thought she could get away with it and wouldn't have risked being at the scene, but maybe she's super evil and did want to watch it happen.

Anyone notice the ex girlfriend name was on the screen as the reporter spoke?

I think we can now take "professional" off the table. Not the brightest bulbs in the box. How do any criminals think they'll get away with it? Most do get caught. And when there's a personal vendetta involved, it is most often solved fairly quickly in addition.

The smart person would understand they will get caught and then not do it. Lots and lots of dumb and irrational people in the world, we sure see evidence of that. Every murderer walking through the doors of prison is someone who thought they'd get away with it.

You think there were three people in the jeep?

My gut thinks the ex thought she could get away with it and wouldn't have risked being at the scene, but maybe she's super evil and did want to watch it happen.

No.....I think there were two people. CC and the ex-girlfriend. I have a hard time believing that CC was in the jeep with an "unidentified man" that LE doesn't know about by now. That's just my gut feeling right now. I think it's possible that the ex is the one that shot KH.

I doubt the bitter ex was going to try and pass herself off as Kendra. Maybe it was some kind of trophy for her.

Trophy makes the most sense of anything. To give her the feeling of "got you". jmo

"According to the warrants, Cortes told police the ex-girlfriend had an iPhone that she used to track Hatcher before the shooting."

Can someone explain to me how this works? Does one have to buy Find My iPhone from iTunes and load it on their phone - and then other iPhones who have the same app, type in the other phone number to locate it?

I think you also have to use the persons password. My husband and I have tracking for each other. Husband has history of heart attack, so when he is out I can make sure he isn't stuck in one place too long. He exercises, walks and rides a bike.

"The slaying of dentist Kendra Hatcher in an Uptown garage last week may be linked to a plot by her boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend, new Dallas police documents say.

The ex-girlfriend, who has not been arrested, dated Hatcher’s boyfriend for two years before they broke up earlier this year, according to a search warrant affidavit."

More at link:

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201.../?hootPostID=f034c759fe9171a5231c81520dd82bf9

I wonder why she hasn't been arrested?

I need to listen to that report again re: bullet found in Toyota Camry!!!

Kind of strange, unless DA has to do something with the info. I would not expect the ex girlfriend to be sleeping in her own home tonight!

I think you also have to use the persons password. My husband and I have tracking for each other. Husband has history of heart attack, so when he is out I can make sure he isn't stuck in one place too long. He exercises, walks and rides a bike.

My teens and my friend's teens have had an app to track anyone whose number they have for at least the past 5 years. I use my old plastic falling apart phone, thanks. Too many nuts out there.

Did Kendra drive a Chevrolet sedan or a Toyota Camry?

No.....I think there were two people. CC and the ex-girlfriend. I have a hard time believing that CC was in the jeep with an "unidentified man" that LE doesn't know about by now. That's just my gut feeling right now. I think it's possible that the ex is the one that shot KH.

I feel the same way. But watch out. Bessie keeps yelling at me for saying so---:slap:

Kind of strange, unless DA has to do something with the info. I would not expect the ex girlfriend to be sleeping in her own home tonight!

They need probable cause that she was involved in the murder or planning of the murder itself before getting an arrest warrant. Right now the only thing she's admitted is wanting the D.L. Based on Cortes' story but without any corroboration, an arrest might be premature. They probably are watching her though, to make sure she doesn't make a run for it.

A lot of times police want to get their ducks in the row before arresting someone. If they only have CC's word they might need other evidence.

I feel the same way. But watch out. Bessie keeps yelling at me for saying so---:slap:
The issue was denying the presence of a second person. Gender didn't really matter because a woman could've been mistaken for a man, and vice versa, as in the D.C. area hotel murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx