TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, it is too coincidental and thus unlikely that the ex is NOT involved. Oh, and she just happened to be driving to another city......Police are just gathering evidence to make an arrest.

Just a general comment:I am no fan of Facebook. No fan of broadcasting details of your life to the general public. No fan of broadcasting your happiness which may be someone else's pain. There are lots of troubled people, lonely people, hurting people...and viewing pictures of the joyful escapades of another person may become too much for them to bear.

I am always arguing with my own daughters...set it to private. Don't use it as a marketing campaign to project a "perfect life." Why does the whole general population of the world need to be able to track your business.

Not a fan of Facebook at all.

From the start this case reminded me of Michelle Le.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Michelle_Le

Michelle Hoang Thi Le was a 26-year-old Vietnamese-American nursing student who disappeared on May 27, 2011, from the Kaiser Permanente Medical Center in the San Francisco Bay Area city of Hayward, California.

Giselle Esteban, a former friend of Le, was arrested on September 7 and charged with her murder. Esteban allegedly blamed Le for ruining her relationship with her ex-boyfriend, with whom she had a child, but denied any involvement in Le's disappearance.

Just a general comment:I am no fan of Facebook. No fan of broadcasting details of your life to the general public. No fan of broadcasting your happiness which may be someone else's pain. There are lots of troubled people, lonely people, hurting people...and viewing pictures of the joyful escapades of another person may become too much for them to bear.

I am always arguing with my own daughters...set it to private. Don't use it as a marketing campaign to project a "perfect life." Why does the whole general population of the world need to be able to track your business.

Not a fan of Facebook at all.

Right? Thanks for saying it. Adding: not a judgement, just a choice. :twocents:

ADMIN NOTE! The ex-gf's FB is OFF LIMITS until she is officially named and charged, IF it comes to that.

There will be no further warnings.

BUMPING THIS.

DO NOT LINK THE EX FB! read the above.

The close up mugshot makes her look heavier than some of her fb pics. But some post older pics on fb sometimes. Or atleast the pics they like more.

I wonder if she was a recovering addict who relapsed but not long enough to start looking thinner in the face.

Just speculating, but I keep looking at the image of the driver behind the wheel of the jeep -- and to me, it really doesn't look like CC. It definitely looks to be a woman, but one who is a lot thinner than what CC appears to be from photos we've seen. I'm wondering if the driver is the ex-girlfriend and CC is the shooter?

My thoughts are running this way this AM...just speculation...maybe because I just read Betty Broderick's autobiography. This could have been a push-pull situation between these two women. The Facebook set to public was a response to some sort of nastiness from the Ex. What if this tragedy was supposed to just be a prank? The news of a possible move to SF could have set off an escalation.

What if the EX said...scare her, take her license to cause her headaches (no travel with Ricky with no license.) This is the reason CC didn't disguise herself. They were pulling a prank. But the genius with the gun panicked.

I'm not offering an excuse here or a justification. They seem to be two beautiful, kind, family-oriented women...who unfortunately truly loved the same man. Now one is dead and one has thrown her life away.

What a tragedy!

Robbing someone is not a prank, it's a felony. Even if robbery is the motive (and not murder), if someone is killed during robbery, that's murder. They can say they didn't intend to murder, but it doesn't matter under the law.

Just speculating, but I keep looking at the image of the driver behind the wheel of the jeep -- and to me, it really doesn't look like CC. It definitely looks to be a woman, but one who is a lot thinner than what CC appears to be from photos we've seen. I'm wondering if the driver is the ex-girlfriend and CC is the shooter?
Good point. The driver looks more delicate featured and thinner. Many posts speculated an Asian woman in the beginning.

Robbing someone is not a prank, it's a felony. Even if robbery is the motive (and not murder), if someone is killed during robbery, that's murder. They can say they didn't intend to murder, but it doesn't matter under the law.

You are absolutely right and I am not implying anything else. Perhaps my reaction is because I had a preconceived idea of the "wicked Ex" that now has been replaced by a different view. It was easier for me when I saw things as Good/Evil. Now I just see a lot of pain that led to a terrible tragedy.

But yes, she bears full responsibility for this murder. No question.

Good point. The driver looks more delicate featured and thinner. Many posts speculated an Asian woman in the beginning.

The video is very blurry. I don't know how anyone can see features on it. Maybe they can try to make it more clear using technology.

I think the theory of the two women, CC and the Ex...will be proven correct.

How much are they charging to report her name? Every article leaves it out. Lol.

I think it is highly unusual in a news market like Dallas not to have identified the ex by name in the media yet. She has at least been charged with outstanding traffic offenses in Plano, and the media sent someone to her family home so they DO know her name somehow even if LE has not IDed her. But still no name other than "ex". That seems so out of SOP for ratings-hungry news sources. So my question would be WHY are they hesitant to name her publicly? High-profile family? Was this a part of a bigger crime that is under investigation? And with the warnings from our mods that her SM is off limits on this forum for now, I am guessing some of you know her name already too. I am NOT asking/prompting anyone to reveal her name here, just reflecting on how out-of-character this seems to me for the newspapers/TV stations/radio stations. IMHO of course.

I think it is highly unusual in a news market like Dallas not to have identified the ex by name in the media yet. She has at least been charged with outstanding traffic offenses in Plano, and the media sent someone to her family home so they DO know her name somehow even if LE has not IDed her. But still no name other than "ex". That seems so out of SOP for ratings-hungry news sources. So my question would be WHY are they hesitant to name her publicly? High-profile family? Was this a part of a bigger crime that is under investigation? And with the warnings from our mods that her SM is off limits on this forum for now, I am guessing some of you know her name already too. I am NOT asking/prompting anyone to reveal her name here, just reflecting on how out-of-character this seems to me for the newspapers/TV stations/radio stations. IMHO of course.

Good observation. I saw people making similar statements in some comments on WFAA's FB page from their post on Kendra yesterday. Turns out, Channel 11 news didn't blur out the ex-gf's name on their 10 pm broadcast last night when they showed the arrest affidavit. D'oh! I also saw a comment on the WFAA FB post from a person that appears to know the ex-gf saying that there is more to the story that isn't being reported. Hmmm....
https://www.facebook.com/wfaachannel8

Right? Thanks for saying it. Adding: not a judgement, just a choice. :twocents:

We all bring our own personal histories and painful experiences to these Boards. When my daughter was in Law School, she had a long term relationship. The young man lost his job and could not find another one. She, on the other hand, was winning awards and doing well. He became subject to fits of anger and unfounded jealousy. He was always accusingher of cheating with any individual who even called for class notes. He demanded the password to her phone and emails. One night, in a fury, he ripped up some of her textbooks. That was the end...at least for her. There was NO other person.

He would not let go. He filled her phone with texts and voicemail...being unemployed he had the time...and this prevented her from getting messages in regard to school. These messages alternated between hate filled obscenity-filled rages...and tearful pleas to take him back. We believed he wanted to see her fail and then she would.."come back."

I was scared to death for her. We did get the passwords changed on the phone..We did call the police a few times..but things were not getting better.

Imagine my absolute shock to find out that my daughter had kept her FB at public all,this time and he was still a "friend!!!" She felt she wanted to show him she was still having fun and doing well...and her posts certainly did that. But when you are dealing with someone who is getting more and more agitated, maybe unstable...what in Heaven's name are you thinking???

If there is a restraining order in this case or any similar history to my daughters situation ...common sense says that FB should be set to private!!!!!

In our case, once he couldn't see her FB posts...well,out of sight, out of mind. Our precious daughters need to understand this for their own safety.

I agree. I feel that these two women were probably going back and forth about this man who is probably not too excited about either one of them. The pictures on KH's facebook page were always off to me. She looked way more enthusiastic in those pictures than he did. He's probably just a young successful guy who is squeezing all the fruit he can. I have two sons in their 20s, and it's just ridiculous how the young women chase them. These young women want husbands, and sometimes men just want to have fun. I've even felt so bad about the situation that I've asked some of the young ladies, "Why don't you let him chase you?" These young ladies are no slouches either. They are pretty and educated, with one being a nurse practitioner. Another one was a salon owner, and another a teacher. My sons say they are not ready to get married so when they start to get pressured, they move on to the next girl. My oldest son says he will not consider getting married until he is at least 35. My younger son says he hasn't met the right person, and he will know her when he meets her. I just pray no one kills them. But, the way these girls think, they would come closer to killing each other than the guys. And of course, these girls put everything on face book. If you look at my sons' Face Books, you wouldn't even know that they date. Go figure!

This is in reply to Stmarysmead's post.

Good observation. I saw people making similar statements in some comments on WFAA's FB page from their post on Kendra yesterday. Turns out, Channel 11 news didn't blur out the ex-gf's name on their 10 pm broadcast last night when they showed the arrest affidavit. D'oh! I also saw a comment on the WFAA FB post from a person that appears to know the ex-gf saying that there is more to the story that isn't being reported. Hmmm....
https://www.facebook.com/wfaachannel8

First time poster, so I apologize if what I say is not allowed or has already been posted.
I also saw the name of the ex gf from the broadcast and did find her information on the Collin County case management system. I also saw that this person (who was named by the media but now is not named?) tagged in one of CC's FB post, but she isn't on her friends list anymore. I really doubt CC went into this not realizing what was about to happen. JMO

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. On one hand I am a super-lazy correspondent and with FB it's so easy to keep a bunch of close friends/family up to date with first-day-of-school pics etc. I try not to put anything that may be seen as braggy because I was burnt by an old school friend posting bitter and mean comments on my page after I mentioned spending the weekend in NYC...sigh. My privacy settings are about as high as you can get but I'm sure if my life exploded in the public eye, a good sleuther could find visible connections to all kinds of stuff on FB.

I wonder if Kendra's boyfriend has always kept a low profile online? Or that as soon as he found out about Kendra's murder he took immediate and effective steps to keep himself out of it as for sure the scrutinizing eyes of the media and public would be relentless. I think his nearly absent internet profile, coupled with his shy reluctance in photos made the media and the world at large go easy on him...because as we know from case upon case - it's usually the husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, lover... I'm glad that seems not to be the case here and I hope after the pain he'll find some peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya