TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Bessie discussed this with Tricia. Until she is named as a POI or arrested her name is off limits. The post about this is up thread.

bachlorette (dentist) was first one i found that named ex yesterday. that is wierd.

Y
Man&#8217;s ex-girlfriend was jealous before dentist&#8217;s killing in Uptown, friend says
By NAOMI MARTIN nmartin@dallasnews.com
Staff Writer
Published: 10 September 2015 11:02 PM - Updated: 10 September 2015 11:55 PM

[...]
&#8220;She took it to heart because when he went there [previously], his parents bought his flight and not hers, so she couldn&#8217;t go,&#8221; said the former classmate, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he fears retaliation from the woman. The classmate said the woman&#8217;s reaction was &#8220;like, &#8216;Why is Ricky taking this girl he just met when I couldn&#8217;t go?&#8217;&#8221;

Hatcher, 35, was shot to death Sept. 2 in an ambush in the garage of her Uptown apartment tower. Police believe Paniagua&#8217;s ex tracked Hatcher&#8217;s movements on her iPhone before the slaying, and they believe she was involved in the attack, search warrant affidavits show. The Dallas Morning News is not naming her because she has not been arrested or formally named as a suspect. The woman, who is scheduled to take her dental hygiene license board exams on Saturday, did not respond to calls and messages seeking comment Thursday.

Paniagua also could not be reached for comment.
As of midnight, it looks as though all of the legitimate local news outlets still are withholding XGF's name.

The article paints a picture of a woman consumed by jealousy and obsession and a steady spiral downward after the breakup. The classmate states the the XGF showed up with an engagement ring one day. Then they spit up and she moved out not long after that. One wonders if the item stolen at the time of the murder was that very same ring? And if the boyfriend was, in fact, still texting the XGF, that would have added fuel to the fire. It takes so little to trigger an unstable, obsessive person. Throw in a new, accomplished, beautiful girlfriend and anything is possible.

I'm curious if this was XGF's first attack on Kendra. Don't these types of things usually start small, like harassing phone calls or messages, things like that. Killing her or having her killed is one big leap from zero to beyond craziness!!

MOO!!

I'm curious if this was XGF's first attack on Kendra. Don't these types of things usually start small, like harassing phone calls or messages, things like that. Killing her or having her killed is one big leap from zero to beyond craziness!!

MOO!!

I've been wondering this too and if documents removed from Kendra's apartment might be a restraining order. Apparently, if there were any previous issues, Kendra didn't mention it to two of her friends. But that doesn't mean nothing happened. Looking at FB, I wouldn't say that the two women quoted are her closest friends IMO. I find it hard to believe that the killing came out of nowhere, but I suppose it's possible. JMO

Two of Hatcher&#8217;s friends, Elene Velasquez and Lauren Williams, said she was excited about her new relationship. She never mentioned anything to them about problems with Paniagua&#8217;s ex-girlfriend, they said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...d-distraught-prior-to-killing-friend-says.ece

So the dallas news article from this morning sheds a lot of new info to me. 1) ex and RP lived together in a 1 bedroom apt (she wanted to move to a 2 bedroom apt because he kept her up at night reading). He told her she had to get a job in order to do that; 2) At least when they were dating, he wasn't a "rich" doctor. Probably a young, fresh out of school doctor, with lots of debt; 3) His mother knew she was crazy even back then. 4) Ex was distraught she couldn't fly out to SF with RP (parents bought his ticket and not hers) last year. Coincidentally, Kendra is murdered a week after SHE goes to SF with RP (to meet his parents?)....

IMO There is NO way in **** ex is NOT involved.

How could the parents of RP buy airline tickets for anybody? Didn't I read upthread in one of the articles that RP came from very humble beginnings?

Doesn't make sense.

For some reason the police have not arrested the ex. My guess is CC implicated her but she has a good attorney, she is not talking and they need more than CC, s word.

Moo

How could the parents of RP buy airline tickets for anybody? Didn't I read upthread in one of the articles that RP came from very humble beginnings?

Doesn't make sense.

For some reason the police have not arrested the ex. My guess is CC implicated her but she has a good attorney, she is not talking and they need more than CC, s word.

Moo

That was my first thought too. I had read he grew up in a single wide trailer with very poor parents. Perhaps that article was incorrect?

It sounds like the Ex was in school (probably paid for by student loans) and being otherwise supported by Dr Ricky...who wasn't making the big money yet. She didn't get a job until she wanted a larger apartment. If Ricky's Mom didn't like her or their arrangement, or money was also tight for them, they may have only sent that one ticket for their son. But Kendra was a practicing Dentist, another professional, who could afford her own ticket and probably afford to do a lot more fun vacation things with Ricky...than the X ever got to do. Kendra's FB gave a glimpse into that.

The ring seems like it might be the focus here. It's certainly more logical than a driver's license. There is a post that read "California Wedding." Hard to tell if they were at a wedding or planning one. Maybe the X wanted to know if she had her ring and if so, wanted it back. But why wouldn't CC say that?

Why would CC claim a robbery was the plan if the X was with her? A good friend might drive her heartbroken friend over to confront the new girlfriend...easier to agree to that than your friend asking you to go along on an armed robbery?

Where did the X plan to get the $500 to pay CC? She still hadn't passed her Boards. If CC was really just in this for the payoff, how could she be sure the X could come up with the money?

Doesn't make sense.

Moo
I lived out of state for 8 years while serving in the military. My parents did not have a lot of money, but they would save up and buy me plane tix at least twice a year so we could visit....or they would fly down and see me.

If they wanted to see him, money wouldn't stand in the way. They may have been lower income, but probably still made it work to see their son. IMO.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Who would hire CC an unemployed, inexperienced young 23 year old living st home with her parents and 6 year old.

Nobody hires somebody, borrows a car for them to drive. Promises them 500 bucks then drives into a parking garage with cameras
flashing and kills somebody.

This team of two must have been smoking the wild turkey or be dumb as rocks. Geeez.

Glad to see a new article out. I bet it's killing the ex that she is being called Ricky's ex girlfriend when it sounds like they were actually engaged so she is really his ex fiancée.

Dr. Paniagua is a board-certified dermatologist who received his medical degree (M.D.) and Ph.D. degree in Immunology from Stanford University School of Medicine. He received numerous accolades as a medical and graduate student including the Lieberman fellowship, which is one of the highest honors a doctoral student can be accorded at Stanford University and was awarded in recognition of outstanding scholarship, teaching, university service, and demonstrated potential for leadership roles in the academic community. Dr. Paniagua completed an internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Massachusetts, and a dermatology residency at the UT Southwestern Medical Center, where he served as a Chief Resident during his final year.

Historical research interests for Dr. Paniagua include immunology and the characterization of signaling pathways relevant to transplantation and the rheumatic diseases. His current research interests include studying the pathophysiology of morphea with Heidi Jacobe, M.D., and dissecting molecular mechanisms involved in skin cancers including squamous cell carcinomas. He anticipates that a better understanding of tumor immunology and molecular switches involved in skin cancers will lead to the development of improved and targeted treatment strategies.

Education
Medical School
Stanford University School of Medicine (2010)
Internship
University of Massachusetts Medical School (2011), Internal Medicine
Residency
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Dermatology

http://profiles.utsouthwestern.edu/profile/125861/ricardo-paniagua.html

<modsnip>

Dr. Paniagua is a board-certified dermatologist who received his medical degree (M.D.) and Ph.D. degree in Immunology from Stanford University School of Medicine. He received numerous accolades as a medical and graduate student including the Lieberman fellowship, which is one of the highest honors a doctoral student can be accorded at Stanford University and was awarded in recognition of outstanding scholarship, teaching, university service, and demonstrated potential for leadership roles in the academic community. Dr. Paniagua completed an internship in Internal Medicine at the University of Massachusetts, and a dermatology residency at the UT Southwestern Medical Center, where he served as a Chief Resident during his final year.

Historical research interests for Dr. Paniagua include immunology and the characterization of signaling pathways relevant to transplantation and the rheumatic diseases. His current research interests include studying the pathophysiology of morphea with Heidi Jacobe, M.D., and dissecting molecular mechanisms involved in skin cancers including squamous cell carcinomas. He anticipates that a better understanding of tumor immunology and molecular switches involved in skin cancers will lead to the development of improved and targeted treatment strategies.

Education
Medical School
Stanford University School of Medicine (2010)
Internship
University of Massachusetts Medical School (2011), Internal Medicine
Residency
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Dermatology

http://profiles.utsouthwestern.edu/profile/125861/ricardo-paniagua.html

<modsnip>

Thank you, Bessie. Is it permissible to post, in regard to our discussion of the X's comments quoted in MSM about finances, ticket purchases etc...that the price of a Stanford Medical School Education...not counting basic living costs for that Student...are very high?

It is always possible for a student to be able to pay cash, but many have the burden of student loans which do impact their standard of living after graduation. If the X had expectations of better apartments, etc, she might not have understood the pressures. These issues have been raised in MSM...but if unacceptable here, I do understand.

The costs of just fees and tuition are listed here:

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...top-medical-schools/stanford-university-04007

Medical School Overview

The School of Medicine at Stanford University has an application deadline of October 15. The application fee at Stanford University is $85. Its tuition is full-time: $50,715. The faculty-student ratio at Stanford University is 2.0:1. The School of Medicine has 955 full- and part-time faculty on staff. For the class of 2014, 64.6 percent of graduates from the School of Medicine at Stanford University who applied to residency programs were admitted to their first choice.

Not judging but seems kinda strange - he's a Dr. and parents still buy his airline tix? Wish my parents would by me airline tix:).

He could have had a lot of student loans. It takes a long time to become a doctor.

I've been wondering this too and if documents removed from Kendra's apartment might be a restraining order. Apparently, if there were any previous issues, Kendra didn't mention it to two of her friends. But that doesn't mean nothing happened. Looking at FB, I wouldn't say that the two women quoted are her closest friends IMO. I find it hard to believe that the killing came out of nowhere, but I suppose it's possible. JMO

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...d-distraught-prior-to-killing-friend-says.ece

It sounds like ex was really upset over KH and RP going to San Francisco together. That could have triggered a lot of rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member