TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MANY mature people continue limited contact with exes with no problem - just staying friends. We don't have enough details to determine if it was unfair to KH. It's not like we've been given ANY info to determine he was stringing both women along, that he was hiding anything from KH, etc.

Re: the cell phone. Could have been that it was less expensive to have her on his plan than for her to get her own plan. And he was being nice (no reason to believe she was psycho and stalking him), so he let her stay on. I know friends who are ADULTS (married with kids) who are still on their parents' family plans because it's cheaper. Obviously not a true comparison, but still...

I just don't see anything here to start deciphering Ricky was two-timing anybody, should have known better, etc.
Letting family stay on your cell plan is one thing, an ex no way. I wouldn't want to deal with issues if they decided not to pay their portion and having to face them every month over it. An ex is an ex for a reason, if that makes sense.

Having contact with and two timing do not mean the same thing to me. Regards to juggling, could have been phrased differently. I have the impression that BD was willingly letting go

Letting family stay on your cell plan is one thing, an ex no way. I wouldn't want to deal with issues if they decided not to pay their portion and having to face them every month over it. An ex is an ex for a reason, if that makes sense.

If they were still good friends, I could totally see it. If they broke up and it was very tumultuous and dramatic, then no. But maybe RP wasn't aware of how crazy BD was? Or maybe he felt sorry for her. Theorizing: she was a student, struggling to study for her exams/board certification, only worked p/t so he let her stay on until she was on her feet.

In all fairness, we don't know much if anything about RP's feelings towards egf.
Affairs of the heart are almost always tricky.
People in their 30's are mature in many ways.
People like me who are much older have seen much more than they have.
I don't think I will ever be fully "mature" on this earth;)
jmho
:coffeews:

This did not seem like an amlicabl slit, so yes I agree it would have been the right thing to do, separate the accounts eat the cost!

I don't doubt his good intentions toward BD and no way could he have foreseen any of this

bbm Her mother has been quoted as saying Kendra wasn't "rich." She worked for a dental franchise type of company, had student loans, etc.

What's with the turn of making Ricky some money hungry, two timing cad recently on WS?

BBM

I agree. People have a hard time believing that a pretty, sweet-looking woman might have plotted a murder, so they start looking for reasons, which heads toward looking at what a victim might have done wrong. We know nothing about Ricky except that he is a doctor and a victim. We know nothing about BD except what CC has said and that she is under investigation. But BD is not someone close to Kendra who could be considered a victim. She is a possible murderer. Whether Ricky maintained contact with her or paid for her phone plan is irrelevant IMO. What we would personally do concerning an ex is no reason to be suspicious of what Ricky did or soften what BD likely did. JMO

Why would a boyfriend of 3 months get mention in a obituary.

Because she was clearly in love with him - he was more than just a special friend. She was as much into Ricky as she was yoga and running the Katy Trail, don't you think?

Off topic, but I've been wanting to say that I think BD is the Jeep driver. I wonder if Ricky (someone who's seen her from every angle, with hair up, with hair down, makeup on, makeup off, etc.), recognizes the driver?

Oh, and I also wonder if BD reached out to RP with her condolences or has been eerily silent?

Because she was clearly in love with him - he was more than just a special friend. She was as much into Ricky as she was yoga and running the Katy Trail, don't you think?

Off topic, but I've been wanting to say that I think BD is the Jeep driver. I wonder who Ricky (someone who's seen her from every angle, with hair up, with hair down, makeup on, makeup off, etc.), sees as the driver?

I just don't see that not being included in the obituary is significant. It's not like they were engaged or had been in a long-term committed relationship. For all we know, he may have graciously declined to be mentioned. It doesn't reflect on him one way or another IMO.

That's a really good point about wondering who Ricky sees as the driver! I expect that LE has asked him.

In regards to the obituary, if my daughter was brutally murdered by the crazy ex of the new boyfriend I probably would wish he never met my daughter. I wouldn't feel very warm or kind toward him at all, no less mention him in her obit. Jmo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I regards to the obituary, if my daughter was brutally murdered by the crazy ex of the new boyfriend I probably would wish he never met my daughter. I wouldn't feel very warm or kind toward him at all, no less mention him in her obit. Jmo.

Sadly, I would feel the same way. I can see it from the other side too though because I looked for RP in the obituary myself. However, it didn't surprise me when he wasn't listed. I'm sure that the family thought of including him but they also didn't have all of the answers when the obituary was written. It would be devastating for them if they listed him and he was involved in her murder somehow. (Which I don't think will end up being the case.) They were probably just trying to do what they thought was right given the information they had. JMO.

I do hope they aren't blaming him because of BD. I'm sure he feels a lot of guilt about Kendra's death.

I agree TexasGirl, I wouldn't blame them if they wished that he was never been born. But I'm sure they know it isn't his fault directly.

Sadly, I would feel the same way. I can see it from the other side too though because I looked for RP in the obituary myself. However, it didn't surprise me when he wasn't listed. I'm sure that the family thought of including him but they also didn't have all of the answers when the obituary was written. It would be devastating for them if they listed him and he was involved in her murder somehow. (Which I don't think will end up being the case.) They were probably just trying to do what they thought was right given the information they had. JMO.

I do hope they aren't blaming him because of BD. I'm sure he feels a lot of guilt about Kendra's death.

It's hard to know much about what was discussed
about the obituary.

I think they did well even pulling everything together to bury their daughter, sister, aunt.

This had to be heartbreaking for this family.

Just my opinion....I agree with other posters who felt that BD's open fb profile presented a soft, family oriented woman...exactly how she wanted to be perceived. I think it is significant that she has RP's Mom as a fb friend. Depending on how you edit your privacy settings on each and every post you can present yourself any way you desire to anyone. Perfect platform for someone obsessed, unfortunately (Narcissistic, Borderline, etc). Obviously (RP's) Mom felt something was off with BD. Probably noticed the obsessiveness and lack of own identity. Just my opinion, of course.

Highly manipulative people and/or sociopaths are very careful to show the face they want that person or persons to see.

Highly manipulative people and/or sociopaths are very careful to show the face they want that person or persons to see.

My dear friend kendra wrote about the fifty shades of grey movie on her Facebook. I was looking through it after the funeral remembering her smile and all her adventures and saw this comment by her that brought me to tears again she had her own thought regarding the movie but translated it to life...
"My understanding is sociopaths is thought to develop in a child with abuse or abandonment in the first 5 years of life which is also depicted in the movie. That makes the situation sad of course which is why empathetic and naive partners become the victims thinking they can change it. Exactly the situation Ana was in. But the truth is sociopathy is incurable and untreatable for the most part and is very destructive to all the victims involved. I wish people were aware of this!!" May you rest in peace kendra.

I just don't see that not being included in the obituary is significant. It's not like they were engaged or had been in a long-term committed relationship. For all we know, he may have graciously declined to be mentioned. It doesn't reflect on him one way or another IMO.

That's a really good point about wondering who Ricky sees as the driver! I expect that LE has asked him.

Has LE questioned RP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member