TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
H
Texas has laws for hindering apprehension of a fugitve. Most of the sites I am finding which provide details are blogs or websibes for law firms, so not linking those. This one seems to be legit, info is a ways down.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.38.htm

The link only applies to offenses against Public Administration. I posted a link (the only one I could find that didn't link to a law firm as well) that gives a general explanation of aiding and abetting. If anyone gave her money, bought her a ticket, made calls to arrange a place for her to stay, etc., knowing it was to help her flee probable prosecution, it is my understanding that they broke the law.

ETA: Perhaps a lawyer here could delve into this with more accuracy.

Excellent post, and I want to reiterate to those that have a presence on social media to be careful, cautious, and don't over share. Keep some of your life private, the world (strangers) don't need to know your every move. I also wish the name Kendra Hatcher was an unknown to me, and that her life was still being very much lived and enjoyed. She was just beginning, and it's gut wrenching that her story is over.

What makes you think LE lost sight of BD? Pardon me if that isn't your thought process.

What makes you think LE lost sight of BD? Pardon me if that isn't your thought process.

She is a fugitive from justice. LE have said they don't know where she is. If that not losing sight, I don't know what is.

LE was gathering evidence to make the case. Yes, I think they should have arrested her on CC's word, then make the case, but since they didn't, it's neither here nor there. I have no problem if they sweat BD's relatives for her whereabouts.

BBM

--arrested her on what though? at the time, as far as we know, CC said that BD hired her for $500 to be the driver, for a robbery.

--once LE arrests someone, they only have (72 hours?) before the DA has to charge them w/ something, followed by the arraignment, pre-trial hearings, trial etc. at that time what would the charge have been?

--i'm sure LE wanted to get her on the actual murder plot, and ( esp now that we've read here articles on how limited the DPD resources are), that does take time to get enough info/evidence/stmts for a probable cause doc...(look at the teresa seivers case, 2 months until arrests were made..)

--i am amazed that it took a solid month to arrest/charge KL with the actual murder---his name had to have come from CC, did she not even know who he was at the time, or did she finally give it up recently? i had her down as someone who would have been ♪inging---from day 1.

I believe BD will eventually turn herself in. She can't run forever and she will be caught.....she can't hide from the FBI, she isn't that smart !
I am so glad they caught the **** shooter, though. His life is over.....

BBM

--arrested her on what though? at the time, as far as we know, CC said that BD hired her for $500 to be the driver, for a robbery.

--once LE arrests someone, they only have (72 hours?) before the DA has to charge them w/ something, followed by the arraignment, pre-trial hearings, trial etc. at that time what would the charge have been?

--i'm sure LE wanted to get her on the actual murder plot, and ( esp now that we've read here articles on how limited the DPD resources are), that does take time to get enough info/evidence/stmts for a probable cause doc...(look at the teresa seivers case, 2 months until arrests were made..)

--i am amazed that it took a solid month to arrest/charge KL with the actual murder---his name had to have come from CC, did she not even know who he was at the time, or did she finally give it up recently? i had her down as someone who would have been ♪inging---from day 1.

Since CC implicated her, I would think that should have been enough to arrest her. Even if it was for organizing a robbery. If a person is killed during robbery, that's felony murder. So they don't get to claim that murder was "accidental" if they admit they planned a robbery. But what do I know. Maybe they tried to arrest her and judge told them it's not enough evidence for a warrant. Well now she is on the run.

Who said KL freaked out ?? No he didn't. He is a former felon and he knew exactly what he was doing......MURDER FOR HIRE !

LE said, in a press conference video, that BD was considered a "fugitive". I think that means they are looking for her. If they knew where she was she would already be in jail. I understand a fugitive to be someone on the run.

LE said, in a press conference video, that BD was considered a "fugitive". I think that means they are looking for her. If they knew where she was she would already be in jail. I understand a fugitive to be someone on the run.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=fugit...7db15444b51916544827afb5551&pq=fugutive defin
fu·gi·tive.

[ˈfyo͞ojətiv]

NOUN

1.a person who has escaped from a place or is in hiding, especially to avoid arrest or persecution:
"fugitives from justice"

synonyms: escapee · runaway · deserter · absconder · refugee

MOO LE isn't going to share everything they have and I am not so sure I believe they have lost her. They know more than they tell the general public, and use tactics to get what they need.

Since CC implicated her, I would think that should have been enough to arrest her. Even if it was for organizing a robbery. If a person is killed during robbery, that's felony murder. So they don't get to claim that murder was "accidental" if they admit they planned a robbery. But what do I know. Maybe they tried to arrest her and judge told them it's not enough evidence for a warrant. Well now she is on the run.

I doubt that being accused by someone is enough for an arrest, especially if the accuser is under arrest for the crime. At least, I would hope that more evidence would be needed than someone's word. We are all protected by laws that are designed to prevent unfair arrests. LE is supposed to follow those laws and that sometimes prevents LE from arresting a suspect as soon as they would like, and the suspect is able to run. That's the cost of civil liberties.
JMO

She is a fugitive from justice. LE have said they don't know where she is. If that not losing sight, I don't know what is.

I don't believe it's accurate to say that LE "lost sight" of BD, because I doubt they had her under 24 hour surveillance. I don't think any police department has the manpower for that. Probably many would think that using trained LE for 24/7 surveillance of suspects in various cases who might be flight risks is not a wise use of scarce resources. It could also be a violation of the law. Not to beat a dead horse, but we live in a country of laws designed to protect our rights. There was obviously not enough evidence to arrest and hold BD.

BD is to blame for her being a fugitive, not DPD.
JMO

I wonder if they know her whereabouts "Mexico" but are giving her the chance to turn herself in before they go get her.....I wouldn't surprised if she is caught today. Let's hope so.

I may have missed a Mexico connection- does she have one?

If BD has fled to Mexico, they should return her.

IMHO

U.S. Marshals will go get her butt and surround wherever she is hiding out and I can't wait to see that !

I may have missed a Mexico connection- does she have one?

There were comments on an article that she has family in a particular town in Mexico and has gone there. This is rumor, of course.

Her brother put his Twitter account on private.....someone mentioned Mexican Mafiosi...
Twitter - The Bryan Delgado

What did it say about Mexican Mafiosi? Is her family connected to Mexican Mafiosi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member