TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So when will this all go to court? In a year ish?

Probably longer if it charged as a capital case. A few years. Also, they need to find the primary suspect, not sure if would start trials for the other two before that.

If BP stays on the run, what would her life be? Hiding out under another name, maybe working for cash? Forever? I always wonder if a person who (allegedly) arranged for a cold-blooded murder, or committed one, is able to convince themselves that they still deserve to carry on and have their life. But I guess they must. So many never confess, just deny, deny deny no matter the evidence.

Anyway...rambling lol

Probably longer if it charged as a capital case. A few years. Also, they need to find the primary suspect, not sure if would start trials for the other two before that.

If BP stays on the run, what would her life be? Hiding out under another name, maybe working for cash? Forever? I always wonder if a person who (allegedly) arranged for a cold-blooded murder, or committed one, is able to convince themselves that they still deserve to carry on and have their life. But I guess they must. So many never confess, just dent, deny deny no matter the evidence.

Anyway...rambking lol
Just a shame. And To think this BD is still out there selfishly living a life possibly nervous since on the run , yet possibly could give 2 you know whats and just going on and feeling accomplished. Unbelievable either way.

Don't think there is a reward for Delgado. Not sure about the gps. If she is missing with her car, they would have to find her first and if she is missing without her car I don't think there would be any point to it. LE should have taken some action about 6 weeks ago.

Doesn't sound like LE did anything to track her whereabouts. Because they didn't think it was necessary. Also it was too expensive. Also even if they saw her running to Mexico, they couldn't have done anything because they were lacking probable cause to arrest her. And if they did it for her, they would have to do it for all the other murder cases. Those are the excuses LE came up with so far for not doing anything to track where she was going.

If BP stays on the run, what would her life be? Hiding out under another name, maybe working for cash? Forever? I always wonder if a person who (allegedly) arranged for a cold-blooded murder, or committed one, is able to convince themselves that they still deserve to carry on and have their life. But I guess they must. So many never confess, just deny, deny deny no matter the evidence.

Anyway...rambling lol

She is most likely in Mexico.

Anyway...rambling lol

I'd say sooner or later she will be caught. I can't for one minute believe that she will be able to evade police indefinitely. I also wonder if there is info saying that they lost BD when they know her location. A tactic to ensure BD that she is steps ahead and long gone. Why would LE release sensitive information that could ultimately backfire? MOO of course.

I'd say sooner or later she will be caught. I can't for one minute believe that she will be able to evade police indefinitely. I also wonder if there is info saying that they lost BD when they know her location. A tactic to ensure BD that she is steps ahead and long gone. Why would LE release sensitive information that could ultimately backfire? MOO of course.

I really hope so. I'm starting to lose faith.

If she has family in Mexico, she may be able to hide for a very long time.

I also don't think police know where she is but for some reason pretending they got no clue. They didn't follow her at all. So she could be anywhere.

Right off the bat, before CC was arrested, Kendra's brother stated an "ex" may be involved. Then, information came out quickly after CC was arrested, pointing to BD. I do not understand why DPD could not stick a GPS on BD's vehicle right then. How hard was it to get a warrant to do surveillance on BD?

Doesn't sound like LE did anything to track her whereabouts. Because they didn't think it was necessary. Also it was too expensive. Also even if they saw her running to Mexico, they couldn't have done anything because they were lacking probable cause to arrest her. And if they did it for her, they would have to do it for all the other murder cases. Those are the excuses LE came up with so far for not doing anything to track where she was going.

I know where you are comming from but JUSTICE is never too expensive,............................................. Juan Martinez:heartbeat::cheer::crush: proved that.:moo:

Right off the bat, before CC was arrested, Kendra's brother stated an "ex" may be involved. Then, information came out quickly after CC was arrested, pointing to BD. I do not understand why DPD could not stick a GPS on BD's vehicle right then. How hard was it to get a warrant to do surveillance on BD?

BBM

I am not an attorney, but just from the little googling I've done, getting a warrant to do surveillance with a GPS would definitely be required. How hard that would be is a sticky legal question. We're talking Fourth Ammendment rights. I would like to see someone here who believes DPD dropped the ball come up with actual links that would state the LEGAL (not emotional) basis for a warrant in this situation. Just keeping BD under surveillance so she doesn't flee is likely not enough. BD had not been charged with a crime. She was being investigated based on CC's word, etc. That alone would not be grounds for a warrant to do surveillance using a GPS on her car IMO. Heaven help all of us if the law is that loosey-goosey!

As I've said many times, the legal system that is designed to protect all of our rights also protects the rights of suspects and criminals. We can't have it both ways even though it's very upsetting and frustrating that BD has disappeared. That's the price we pay for having legally protected rights. JMO

In the court case linked below, all evidence was thrown out that was obtained by using a GPS without a warrant. In this case, LE probably had grounds for a warrant, but apparently didn't think it was necessary based on an unrelated Supreme Court ruling. The circuit court disagreed.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304402104579152234081413624

This link discusses these cases in light of new technology that can be used during high speed chases in Texas.
http://www.texascriminallawyerblog....-how-much-surveillance-the-fourth-amendm.html

CC is a witness. People are arrested on what witnesses say day in and day out. The guy loaned a car to BD, then CC says BD gave the car to her. That's evidence. BD is the ex- girlfriend of Kendra's new boyfriend, not CC. So they got the motive. I believe they could have arrested BD from the start on what they had, not just followed her around.

CC is a witness. People are arrested on what witnesses say day in and day out. The guy loaned a car to BD, then CC says BD gave the car to her. That's evidence. BD is the ex- girlfriend of Kendra's new boyfriend, not CC. So they got the motive. I believe they could have arrested BD from the start on what they had, not just followed her around.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but we're talking about legal process here. And that benefits all of us. You make it sound like a slam dunk, no brainer. :) But these cases are rarely that simple. It's easy to say what we think LE shoulda coulda done, but what if there wasn't enough solid evidence that would hold up in court? The points you mention obviously weren't enough or there would have been an arrest. We may see all the connections and connect the dots easily, and I'm sure LE would have LOVED to arrest BD. But they have to follow the law. Surveillance has to follow the law. We certainly want LE to follow the law, don't we?

JMO

Would like to know what it is that changed causing LE to issue a warrant for BD's arrest. It couldn't have been CC's word, but might have been KL's word or telephone info from carrier. It does seem to me that LE did not believe CC's story, since they did bring BD in and let her go.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but we're talking about legal process here. And that benefits all of us. You make it sound like a slam dunk, no brainer. :) But these cases are rarely that simple. It's easy to say what we think LE shoulda coulda done, but what if there wasn't enough solid evidence that would hold up in court? The points you mention obviously weren't enough or there would have been an arrest. We may see all the connections and connect the dots easily, and I'm sure LE would have LOVED to arrest BD. But they have to follow the law. Surveillance has to follow the law. We certainly want LE to follow the law, don't we?

JMO

Police can and have arrested people based on statements from witnesses in other cases. I am really not sure why they didn't think it was enough to arrest BD. They had a statement from the guy who loaned BD the car, and statement from CC saying BD was the one who gave her the car and put her up to it. Why was CC's statement enough to arrest CC herself? CC was arrested right from the start, they didn't let her go while they collected more evidence.

Would like to know what it is that changed causing LE to issue a warrant for BD's arrest. It couldn't have been CC's word, but might have been KL's word or telephone info from carrier. It does seem to me that LE did not believe CC's story, since they did bring BD in and let her go.

It seems clear to me they believed CC's story from the start. They arrested CC right away, haven't they? If they didn't believe CC' story, why did they arrest CC based on that story? They also say in the search warrant they verified CC's story with witnesses. KL was found based on the information CC provided (his cell phone number).

Police can and have arrested people based on statements from witnesses in other cases. I am really not sure why they didn't think it was enough to arrest BD. They had a statement from the guy who loaned BD the car, and statement from CC saying BD was the one who gave her the car and put her up to it. Why was CC's statement enough to arrest CC herself? CC was arrested right from the start, they didn't let her go while they collected more evidence.

Only the police can answer your questions. :) You must know that police need independent evidence in addition to witness statements to make a fair and solid case. Witnesses have been known to lie, conspire with others to frame someone or be genuinely mistaken. People have ended up unjustly imprisoned and on death row because of that. I would hope LE would not just take CC's word for everything! Would you want that to happen to you?

It would be nice if we all could just have the humility to acknowledge that we don't have all the information LE has. It would be nice if we all could become informed about the law, so that we aren't expecting LE to work miracles. LE is trained to work in a systematic and legal way to make a case. That doesn't happen overnight, and sometimes suspects don't get arrested as quickly as we would like. But that same system that people are impatiently criticizing is also there for our protection.

It really saddens me that some are determined to assume LE is doing it all wrong in this case, without any inside information. It's very unfair IMO. I've seen so many cases on WS where everyone is second-guessing LE and when it's all over, it turns out that LE did a great job. Why not assume the best about them unless it's proven otherwise? I'm sure we all would want others to treat us that way.

And with that, I wish you all a good night.:eek:fftobed: Carry on. :)

It seems clear to me they believed CC's story from the start. They arrested CC right away, haven't they? If they didn't believe CC' story, why did they arrest CC based on that story? They also say in the search warrant they verified CC's story with witnesses. KL was found based on the information CC provided (his cell phone number).

Simple fact: LE had video of CC driving the jeep in and out of KH's parking garage at the time of the murder. CC admitted that she was the driver. That happened straight away. LE had plenty of evidence based on the little we actually know to arrest CC. As BD was not on video, wasn't seen by witnesses and did not confess, LE had a harder path to prove *without a reasonable doubt* that BD was behind this. It seems clear to me that the DPD and DA wanted to have enough solid evidence (not he said, she said) before issuing an arrest warrant for BD. MOO.

Simple fact: LE had video of CC driving the jeep in and out of KH's parking garage at the time of the murder. CC admitted that she was the driver. That happened straight away. LE had plenty of evidence based on the little we actually know to arrest CC. As BD was not on video, wasn't seen by witnesses and did not confess, LE had a harder path to prove *without a reasonable doubt* that BD was behind this. It seems clear to me that the DPD and DA wanted to have enough solid evidence (not he said, she said) before issuing an arrest warrant for BD. MOO.

You said that sooooo much more succinctly than I did! :loveyou:

She is most likely in Mexico.

Well, good. She'll just have to stay there, because if she doesn't she'll be nabbed. I guess she didn't really "escape" -- just fled into exile. Now, she's caught between a rock and a hard place. She knows she can't return to the U.S. She has, in effect, imprisoned herself.

I can guarantee that she isn't living the good life in Mexico. (It's a nice place to visit, but ...) She'd rather be in the U.S.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member