TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope RP is off limits again now that the thread has reopened. He is a victim unless he is shown to be otherwise. We have no idea what his relationship with BD was. It seems quite unfair to make assumptions based on unverified comments in news articles or the disparity in their earning power or local gossip. The woman he currently loved was allegedly murdered by the plotting of the woman he previously loved. Imagine how he feels!! Even if he is a total creep, which I doubt, BD's actions caused this, not RP's. Let's leave him alone, please.
JMO

I really hope RP is off limits again now that the thread has reopened. He is a victim unless he is shown to be otherwise. We have no idea what his relationship with BD was. It seems quite unfair to make assumptions based on unverified comments in news articles or the disparity in their earning power or local gossip. The woman he currently loved was allegedly murdered by the plotting of the woman he previously loved. Imagine how he feels!! Even if he is a total creep, which I doubt, BD's actions caused this, not RP's. Let's leave him alone, please.
JMO

THIS times infinity

JMO
I totally agree, Lilibet. It's easy to assume that RP was the dominant figure in his relationship with BD. But, I have wondered if BD was domineering and manipulative in her relationship with RP. As OceanBlue astutely pointed out, men are sometimes abused physically and/or emotionally by women. We don't know the actual situation between RP and BD, but it's possible that BD domineered RP. I do think BD had her eye on RP's income as a doctor and was pushing him toward marriage to get her hands on his money. RP may have been reluctant to marry her but didn't want to hurt her feelings and wanted to help her get on her feet.

One thing I wondered when I read about BD announcing to people that she moved in with RP is whether she took it upon herself to do so without RP's approval, which does happen. Just speculating, but it is possible that BD was shrewdly making demands and perhaps RP is an unassertive, compassionate man whom BD could easily manipulate. I am inclined to believe that because of his mother's comment about BD needing to see a psychiatrist.

Manipulative people can easily make a person feel guilty and they are very subtle about it, even passive aggressive sometimes. They like to test the waters, so to speak, to find out who is susceptible to their coercion. I had a friend who is like that. She claimed she was abused by her husband. She swindled me, and I'm sure others, out of a lot of money. She makes people feel sorry for her, claiming she is sick, disabled, broke, abused, mistreated, etc. When she lost her home (because of greed, really), she asked to stay with me and I acquiesced with the understanding she was going to get a job and then get an apartment. Immediately, she began claiming for herself things that were mine, even a chair that has extra padding because I have a back injury, and my cane. She always had an excuse for not looking for a job. I realized she didn't plan on leaving but didn't want to add her to my lease because I knew she'd take everything I have, so I insisted that she leave and gave her a deadline. Some of my things she wanted to take with her and I did let her have a few things but had to put my foot down again (I interpreted her attitude as "Because you're making me leave, you owe me"). I realized she had lied to me (and others) to con us, and I began to suspect she was the abuser in her relationship with her husband, at least emotionally. She has a narcissistic personality and tries to convince people they should simply do as she says because she is superior. People like that take advantage of people who are easily manipulated but when the other person stands up to them, they play the role of a victim to garner sympathy from others, including their victim.

ETA: Another thing regarding my "friend," which I pointed out to her after she moved out and was still making demands of me and blaming me for her situation, is that people to her are only tools that she uses to get what she wants. Several things happened that demonstrated that she really doesn't recognize the needs, limitations or even existence of others. Everything centered around her. I easily see BD that way. To her, KH was just an obstacle to what she wanted. I don't think BD even saw KH as a human being because she is incapable of empathizing with others.

Manipulative people can do things like get someone to loan them a car, get someone to drive the car for a criminal venture, and get someone to murder someone for them. That's exactly the kind of thing a manipulative person would do.

Manipulative people can do things like get someone to loan them a car, get someone to drive the car for a criminal venture, and get someone to murder someone for them. That's exactly the kind of thing a manipulative person would do.

I agree. I still don't understand how she pulled it off. I don't think she had much money to put up. How do you convince two people that you barely know, to kill a young woman for you?

Apologies if this has been answered or I missed it, since I'm new here. If a thread is closed are there warnings or notifications as to why and when it will re open. TIA

I totally agree, Lilibet. It's easy to assume that RP was the dominant figure in his relationship with BD. But, I have wondered if BD was domineering and manipulative in her relationship with RP. As OceanBlue astutely pointed out, men are sometimes abused physically and/or emotionally by women. We don't know the actual situation between RP and BD, but it's possible that BD domineered RP. I do think BD had her eye on RP's income as a doctor and was pushing him toward marriage to get her hands on his money. RP may have been reluctant to marry her but didn't want to hurt her feelings and wanted to help her get on her feet.

One thing I wondered when I read about BD announcing to people that she moved in with RP is whether she took it upon herself to do so without RP's approval, which does happen. Just speculating, but it is possible that BD was shrewdly making demands and perhaps RP is an unassertive, compassionate man whom BD could easily manipulate. I am inclined to believe that because of his mother's comment about BD needing to see a psychiatrist.

Manipulative people can easily make a person feel guilty and they are very subtle about it, even passive aggressive sometimes. They like to test the waters, so to speak, to find out who is susceptible to their coercion. I had a friend who is like that. She claimed she was abused by her husband. She swindled me, and I'm sure others, out of a lot of money. She makes people feel sorry for her, claiming she is sick, disabled, broke, abused, mistreated, etc. When she lost her home (because of greed, really), she asked to stay with me and I acquiesced with the understanding she was going to get a job and then get an apartment. Immediately, she began claiming for herself things that were mine, even a chair that has extra padding because I have a back injury, and my cane. She always had an excuse for not looking for a job. I realized she didn't plan on leaving but didn't want to add her to my lease because I knew she'd take everything I have, so I insisted that she leave and gave her a deadline. Some of my things she wanted to take with her and I did let her have a few things but had to put my foot down again (I interpreted her attitude as "Because you're making me leave, you owe me"). I realized she had lied to me (and others) to con us, and I began to suspect she was the abuser in her relationship with her husband, at least emotionally. She has a narcissistic personality and tries to convince people they should simply do as she says because she is superior. People like that take advantage of people who are easily manipulated but when the other person stands up to them, they play the role of a victim to garner sympathy from others, including their victim.

ETA: Another thing regarding my "friend," which I pointed out to her after she moved out and was still making demands of me and blaming me for her situation, is that people to her are only tools that she uses to get what she wants. Several things happened that demonstrated that she really doesn't recognize the needs, limitations or even existence of others. Everything centered around her. I easily see BD that way. To her, KH was just an obstacle to what she wanted. I don't think BD even saw KH as a human being because she is incapable of empathizing with others.

Narcissistic people are dangerous, conniving, manipulative, and unless you have been around them to witness their antics, they often times are quite good at making people think 'they' are the victim. I wish I didn't know as much as I do, such destructive, cruel people. So sorry you had this encounter, no one should ever be put in that type of situation. I'm glad you rid yourself of this poisonous person. Thank you for sharing xx

Apologies if this has been answered or I missed it, since I'm new here. If a thread is closed are there warnings or notifications as to why and when it will re open. TIA

:welcome:

I didn't see any warnings this time and I didn't see a lot of posts deleted, so I'm not sure what was going on. There was nothing said when it came back. But sometimes I have seen repeated warnings, and a warning again when it reopens, so it's not a sure thing either way. A mod will usually tell you if you ask in a private message. I usually just wait it out for awhile though, since they're probably busy deleting posts and/or putting people on timeout!
:tos:

I agree. I still don't understand how she pulled it off. I don't think she had much money to put up. How do you convince two people that you barely know, to kill a young woman for you?

Its hard for us to imagine how she convinced them, because we could never be convinced to kill someone for love or money. But some people have no ethics or morals except what suits them in the moment...or not. I think BD played on their sympathy and feeling of outrage over the injustice of it all...you know, the beautiful dentist taking the doctor who was rightly "hers" and all that juvenile rage stuff. She probably got them to feel sorry for her and do it for a "reduced rate." Then she fled.
JMO

Its hard for us to imagine how she convinced them, because we could never be convinced to kill someone for love or money. But some people have no ethics or morals except what suits them in the moment...or not. I think BD played on their sympathy and feeling of outrage over the injustice of it all...you know, the beautiful dentist taking the doctor who was rightly "hers" and all that juvenile rage stuff. She probably got them to feel sorry for her and do it for a "reduced rate." Then she fled.
JMO

BD convinced two people to carry out her plan the same way she convinced LE she had nothing to do with it. Too bad they all believed in her.

LE didn't believe BD. It's very obvious from the search warrants. Warrants said CC's story was confirmed. CC from the start claimed she was doing what she did on behalf of BD.

I'm still having a hard time understanding this case. It's hard to believe that in the process of their plotting, nothing snapped with any of these individuals that this was wrong and notify LE. It's scary to think that there are people out there that can take another's life in such cold blood. BD is a master manipulator, and is most likely manipulating others at this very moment to get what she wants.

As far as RP, I don't think he had a clue as to how far BD would go. Didn't it say that she was the one that broke off the relationship at the beginning of the year? IMO, she most likely played a lot of games with RP, probably placing a lot of guilt trips on him. Through his photos, he seems to have kind eyes and a calm demeanor, and if there was any kind of communication with BD, he was probably just being kind. She obviously became very jealous of him finding someone so beautiful, kind and successful. I think this triggered her to go about plotting such a senseless act of crime.

I read the news and check this site everyday, hoping that BD will be captured. I didn't know KH, although I have felt very attached to this case and truly want justice for KH, her family and her friends. Even if the others are tried and convicted, there will never be closure until BD is captured and we all get answers. She has to pay the price for all of the pain and hurt she has caused for others....including her own family!

KL has a criminal history, he is a convicted felon. Convicted felon with a gun (which is illegal). Seems obvious last thing he was going to do is to notify LE about anything. I don't know what CC was thinking, but it was one of her friends that put BD in contact with KL.

I really think RP was oblivious to how crazy BD actually is. I see it more that he tried to be nice to not upset her, like saying good luck on exams etc. I'm sure in hindsight anyone can look back and find some kind of evidence of her crazy ways, but I really don't think he would have purposely put himself or Kendra in danger. If he truly thought she would become violent it would most probably be directed at him.

MOO!!

I think RP is scared. She is still on the run. She could potentially come after him (if not herself, hire someone else).

I totally agree with you there ! She really manipulated CC, not that I feel sorry for her.
What kind of person actually asks another person if they know a hit man ???

I think RP is scared. She is still on the run. She could potentially come after him (if not herself, hire someone else).
I don't know....I don't think she would ever cause harm to him because I think she is still obsessed with him.
I did wonder why she did't go after him in the first place though.
Yes, he found KH and they were smitten with each other and now she's gone.
He will eventually meet someone else.....is BD going to arrange a hit on his future gf/wife ?
Maybe BD had been harassing RP and he never said anything because he didn't take it serious......

Questions: Is there a reward for Brenda Delgado?

Also, if CC, right off the bat, said BD was the mastermind, can cops get a warrant to put a gps device on BD's car?

Thanks.

Questions: Is there a reward for Brenda Delgado?

Also, if CC, right off the bat, said BD was the mastermind, can cops get a warrant to put a gps device on BD's car?

Thanks.

Don't think there is a reward for Delgado. Not sure about the gps. If she is missing with her car, they would have to find her first and if she is missing without her car I don't think there would be any point to it. LE should have taken some action about 6 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper