TX - Dr. Kendra Hatcher, 35, killed in parking garage, Dallas, 2 Sept 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't think police know where she is but for some reason pretending they got no clue. They didn't follow her at all. So she could be anywhere.

Yeah. Maybe tracking her with GPS!

Right off the bat, before CC was arrested, Kendra's brother stated an "ex" may be involved. Then, information came out quickly after CC was arrested, pointing to BD. I do not understand why DPD could not stick a GPS on BD's vehicle right then. How hard was it to get a warrant to do surveillance on BD?

I suppose it's the old "probable cause" dilemma. I don't think they would have been able to get a search warrant to use GPS to track her. But, hey, LE has been known to use "Plan B" when things don't go their way. We've seen it here. [Randy Allen Taylor ("RAT") -- GPS -- no search warrant].

In that case [Samantha Clarke "disappearance"], LE placed a GPS device on RAT's vehicle. They were gathering evidence, by tracking where he went and when, over a period of time. This was done without a search warrant. Then, when they attempted to use the evidence against him, it was excluded for lack of a search warrant. Who spilled the beans, you ask, that LE had stealthily deployed GPS? Well, as [bad] luck would have it, the worm was a seasoned criminal who detailed vehicles. He found it on his own vehicle (probably was detailing it while on the clock).

He was later convicted in the case of Alexis Murphy. IMO, she would still be alive had LE's "illegal" evidence been allowed. RAT is now behind bars, serving an "LWOP" sentence (life without parole).

Who knows? Maybe LE did place a GPS tracking device on BD's vehicle (if she was driving one, that is). They wouldn't be seeking to "gather evidence" that would later be excluded at trial -- just trying to keep tabs on her. And, if it tipped them off as to her location ... well, what a lucky break for LE!

(Sometimes, honesty is NOT the best policy.) :behindbar

:moo: :cow:

It seems clear to me they believed CC's story from the start. They arrested CC right away, haven't they? If they didn't believe CC' story, why did they arrest CC based on that story? They also say in the search warrant they verified CC's story with witnesses. KL was found based on the information CC provided (his cell phone number).

I don't think LE believed BD was involved, as told to them by CC. They did question BD and let her go.

Police can and have arrested people based on statements from witnesses in other cases. I am really not sure why they didn't think it was enough to arrest BD. They had a statement from the guy who loaned BD the car, and statement from CC saying BD was the one who gave her the car and put her up to it. Why was CC's statement enough to arrest CC herself? CC was arrested right from the start, they didn't let her go while they collected more evidence.

I think LE had information that CC was driving the car from the owner of the car through BD, who told the owner she loaned the car to CC. I really don't think LE had other evidence that CC was the driver. She may not have been recognizable on the cctv at the apartment, but the car's owner was able to recognize his vehicle. CC was involved, but she was definitely set up by BD who was the ringleader. Too bad LE didn't believe it, until they arrested KL, who may have confirmed CC's story. BD did a good job of conning CC, KL and LE. I don't think BD would have been free if this murder took place in New Orleans or many other places.

Simple fact: LE had video of CC driving the jeep in and out of KH's parking garage at the time of the murder. CC admitted that she was the driver. That happened straight away. LE had plenty of evidence based on the little we actually know to arrest CC. As BD was not on video, wasn't seen by witnesses and did not confess, LE had a harder path to prove *without a reasonable doubt* that BD was behind this. It seems clear to me that the DPD and DA wanted to have enough solid evidence (not he said, she said) before issuing an arrest warrant for BD. MOO.

I don't think LE had a clue who was driving the jeep until the owner called and BD told him that she loaned the car to CC. That was a very slick set up. It wasn't until after the owner told LE that BD told him she loaned the car to CC that CC was arrested. At that point CC was smart to give the information she had to LE. I don't think LE face much credence to Information CC offered. If I remember right, CC turned herself in. There were questions as to whether CC was an illegal alien. Would wonder if her non citizen status is correct.

Simple fact: LE had video of CC driving the jeep in and out of KH's parking garage at the time of the murder. CC admitted that she was the driver. That happened straight away. LE had plenty of evidence based on the little we actually know to arrest CC. As BD was not on video, wasn't seen by witnesses and did not confess, LE had a harder path to prove *without a reasonable doubt* that BD was behind this. It seems clear to me that the DPD and DA wanted to have enough solid evidence (not he said, she said) before issuing an arrest warrant for BD. MOO.

From that video, you can't really say who is driving (except it's a woman). A lot of people here argued that it looked like BD. And you don't need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to arrest someone (that's what you need for trial). For an arrest, they would just need probable cause. I agree they waited for solid evidence to arrest her. Only now they don't have anyone to arrest because she run off. Which was very predictable. People were posting on social media that BD run off to Mexico pretty much from the start.

From that video, you can't really say who is driving (except it's a woman). A lot of people here argued that it looked like BD. And you don't need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to arrest someone (that's what you need for trial). For an arrest, they would just need probable cause.

CC copped to being the driver. Plus bd threw her under the bus when she said she loaned cc the car. Bd should have just said the car was stolen. But she decided to throw cc directly in front the train. Jmo.

CC copped to being the driver. Plus bd threw her under the bus when she said she loaned cc the car. Bd should have just said the car was stolen. But she decided to throw cc directly in front the train. Jmo.

Well, CC threw BD right back under the bus when she told police BD was the one who put her up to it. CC copped to being the driver, but she gave BD up as the one who came up with the whole plan. For whatever reason police arrested CC only, but let BD go.

Well, CC threw BD right back under the bus when she told police BD was the one who put her up to it. CC copped to being the driver, but she gave BD up as the one who came up with the whole plan. For whatever reason police arrested CC only, but let BD go.

Agree. But it's not throwing someone under the bus if they gave you up first. Lol. But other than that. Agreed.

BD was smart that she didn't let CC use her car (BD 's) to carry out the plan.

On " 48 Hours" last night, the jury had to believe that a drug-addled, mentally handicapped homeless man had been hired by an upstanding fireman to kill his wife, based on his story and having his number in his cell phone. They did and the husband was convicted.

On " 48 Hours" last night, the jury had to believe that a drug-addled, mentally handicapped homeless man had been hired by an upstanding fireman to kill his wife, based on his story and having his number in his cell phone. They did and the husband was convicted.

Once you have your spouse killed; you are asking for twubble. Jmo.

From that video, you can't really say who is driving (except it's a woman). A lot of people here argued that it looked like BD. And you don't need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to arrest someone (that's what you need for trial). For an arrest, they would just need probable cause. I agree they waited for solid evidence to arrest her. Only now they don't have anyone to arrest because she run off. Which was very predictable. People were posting on social media that BD run off to Mexico pretty much from the start.

I think you're splitting hairs. And it appears the DPD concluded that CC was the woman in the video, as many of us did here. There is probable cause for arrest, and then there is the outcome the DA is prepared to invest in when making the decision to prosecute a capital murder case - which falls under the reasonable doubt statement. I simplified things for obvious reasons. I understand the desire to imagine we have all the facts we need to show the DPD *clearly* missed the cues we can so obviously see, but in the real world, the public is only given crumbs at this stage. And one lone person was posting on social media that BD ran off to Mexico. I followed that person's comments. People took that and ran with it. I think LE would have guessed that was an option. Even those without ties to Mexico flee to places like Mexico and Guatemala. I think we let LE do their jobs. We do not know more than they do. MOO.

I also think BD is a very good manipulator.

I wonder if LE had an idea that BD would run for the hills once they were finished questioning her.

I wonder if LE had an idea that BD would run for the hills once they were finished questioning her.

IF LE didn't, they should have.
BD would face a very long prison sentence or potentially even the death penalty for this crime.
What did she have to lose by running? She was let out for the traffic violation. LE says they didn't track her or monitor her. So she was free to do as she pleased, but she knew it wouldn't last long. So she didn't sit around waiting to be arrested.
Why would that be a surprise to anyone?

It's just so crazy....she can't run forever.
I've read that she is in San Luis Potosi.
I wonder if she is looking over her shoulder, constantly.

I just can't wait for the day when she is cuffed and brought in....her sad looking face in her mug shot !

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/27/local/la-me-fugitive-squad-20100727

This article alleges Mexican LE does help US LE apprehend people like BD. She's not connected to the drug lords and they'd get a feather in their cap.

She is kind of unique looking. Even if she dyed her hair black and got a fake id, I think her roundish face and Betty boopish mouth make her stand out.

A reward might be appealing to someone across the border. That is, if there's a reward. Guess we haven't figured that out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8