GUILTY TX - Eliseo Gonzalez, 2, dies in care of 800 lb woman, La Jola, 18 March 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think if she does get to "bypass" jailtime, she should have a sentenced imposed like the movie disturbia (Kid screws up, gets put on house arrest and mom comes in, cancels all accounts, to internet, itunes, xbox etc,basically, anything that would break up the monotony she took)

She should be FORCED to be placed upon a diet for weight reduction etc. i'm guessing, she's on some sort of disability, which barring extenuating circumstances, IMO should NOT be allowed in cases of someone being overweight. And mom is just as guilty, who the *advertiser censored** drops their child off, to a bedridden person, regardless if the person is "nice" or "not". What if there would have been an accident, the little one runs out into the street etc? It's not as if she (aunt) could haul *advertiser censored* to respond.

There's a difference (again imo) of being "overweight" and of being just plain disgusting..and this woman takes the "disgusting" trophy, for her attitude, for her crime, for her weight, for her lack of disrespect for not only herself but for those around her.....

jail guards can be extremely cruel. i had a friend who went to jail for a few weeks for a petty crime. she had just been released from the hospital and needed medication in order to survive (her organs weren't functioning). the guards refused to give her her medicane for days and she nearly died until a judge had to intervene. even then they were reluctant to do so.
Dearest Ttrachel04,:blowkiss:

I am sorry to hear about your cousin. No one should be treated like that. My heart goes out to you, your cousin and all who treasure her.
I do however have to say that the dispensing of any and all medication in a jail or prison is done by nurses and doctors contracted through the sysyem. It is not done by Correctional Officers.
Correctional Officers and Nursing staff are 2 different entities.
If your cousin was in the custody and care of a Correctional Facility prior to her release from the hospital then the medication would be transported along with her via Correctional Officers to the facility and handed over to the nurse.
From where I am, this is what happens and I do believe that it is universal in the U.S.....
If she was arrested and incarcerated after she was discharged from the hospital and had the medication on her when she was brought to a facility, she would have to go through a medical screening and her dooctor would be contacted pertaining to the drugs prescribed. Drugs prescribed brought in by inmates off the street are not allowed in a facility. If a prescription written by a doctor is brought into the facility due to a medical transport of an inmate by a Correctional Officer, the facility nurse takes it to the health center of the facility. The medication is then distributed to the inmate by a person employed as nursing staff in the facility.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

I can't find any updates about this woman. I wonder if she's still in her home?

I looked too and couldn't find anything. I'm going to assume she probably is because they arraigned her at home and released her on a PRO bond because deputies couldn't move her.
I hope she does get jail time when the sentencing actually takes place.

Wow, is right. :eek:

So...now you can use the defense "you're too fat for jail" in this country?

I say cut a hole in the wall and take her out. She's probably on disability anyway...so the state is already footing the bills for her medical expenses. If convicted, she should get the same meals as everyone else. She'll probably lose weight.

The mother should also be held accountable since she was under court order (or SRS order) to not to leave her children with her sister. I read this earlier, but I don't know where...so I can't find the link.

Interesting play on words...
So, currently, the lady remains at large.

The sheriff says she'd die if they put her in jail because she needs extensive medical care. Well, she murdered a child and she's in Texas. Problem solved... Death penalty.

The sheriff says she'd die if they put her in jail because she needs extensive medical care. Well, she murdered a child and she's in Texas. Problem solved... Death penalty.

I'm not a death penalty advocate, but since there ARE places that have both medical care and prisoners at the same time, why not relocate her there? If she's that fat... she's going to die of natural causes before long.

Sometimes I despair at the wacky stories and explanations Defense Attorneys come up with, they just make me mad.

OMG give me a flipping break. Obesity is not an excuse to get away with murder

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98
Back