TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you come up with those characteristics, if you don't mind me asking...
IMO
Funny you should ask.
Going in to scout area before to locate home. Thinking she knew his/her schedule that day.
Driving back to site without a care and the excitement that she couldn't believe she did it (hasn't seen any crime shows and seems immature). Came straight up to her and pointed the gun without confidence and ran away also without confidence (reminds me when i tp our friends house and didn't want to get caught). Seems like their frontal lobe isn't developed yet (not thinking about consequences)
Revolver to me is an old gun that gpa had and he wouldn't notice it was missing or used. Also the gun is easy to use and not so accurate for her so she had to get close. Just think she got lucky even though she was caught on camera. Enough rambling for me.

Imagine if EB was very much into cooking and she was murdered. There wouldn't be many people insinuating she was killed because she criticized someone else's casserole.
No but there are countless fictional series just like this.

Poor Elisabeth , she was murdered. And I can’t help but think of another woman also murdered in Texas/ Terri Bevers .
Many similarities between the two murders.
I hope the FBI will solve these murders of two women. Women and cries.
I’m surprised the detectives don’t connect the two cases.
Women lives matter.
Would love to hear more about your thoughts. Your post got me thinking.

IMO, the common denominators between Missy and Liz (besides both were female) are that both cases are unsolved, killers wore disguises and crime happened in the state of Texas.

Makes you wonder if women that kill prefer to wear a disguise/costume of some sort:

• Marlene Warren: Sheila Keen-Warren dressed as a clown - she is accused of gunning down Marlene Warren
  • Missy Bevers: Person is wearing tactical gear as shown in church video the morning Missy was murdered. Possibly killer is female?
  • Liz Barraza: Neighbor’s CCTV shows killer wearing a costume and murders Liz in cold blood. Possibly killer is female?

So, can we determine that possibly women that kill women prefer to wear a disguise?

However, men that kill have been known to wear a disguise too. The Zodiac killer comes to mind.

MOO

IMO
I have followed this case from beginning and did watch Zahn show.
Just watching the video and hearing what happened before and after... I think the shooter was
  • 20 - 25 yo women
  • Unorganized killer
  • Definitely targeted
  • Passion based
  • Probably borrowed her dad's/grandpa's truck/revolver
  • Probably practiced a couple times with gun but not experienced
  • Doesn't watch crime shows
  • Very immature
I pretty much agree with these, except I think its a guy in disguise. They might have been a little younger, possibly 17 - 18. The total demeanor seems like late teens, early 20's.

The door bell audio sounds like a male voice. I would also add, they may be from outside the area.

Missy & Elizabeth - I’ve toyed with the idea that there is a hired killer that specializes in disguises and it’s the same killer for both.

I’ve considered Elizabeth’s killer saw news coverage of Missy’s murder and realized how effective a disguise was and decided to do the same.

Missy & Elizabeth - I’ve toyed with the idea that there is a hired killer that specializes in disguises and it’s the same killer for both.

I’ve considered Elizabeth’s killer saw news coverage of Missy’s murder and realized how effective a disguise was and decided to do the same.
Both of these are very interesting points that I'm tucking into my brain. IMO.

I can see the similarities in circumstance, but the two killers aren't compatible physically.

Yes, that’s really the idea I had. Would that be possible? In the same state, within a three-year period, we have these two murders of women married by disguised individuals, two murders that are committed early in the morning, and both are unresolved.
Of course, that’s just speculation and we’re missing a lot of information. But I couldn’t help but make the connection.

I can see the similarities in circumstance, but the two killers aren't compatible physically.
I don't disagree, but that could be part of the disguise. If the killer is short, say 5'2" then they could be wearing a fat suit in Missy's killing and much of the footage is to establish height, weight, distinct walk. In Elizabeth's they could be wearing platform boots to appear taller. I realize this is highly unlikely but both women being killed on camera and apparently zero leads in either case and husbands having super solid alibis when they'd be the first to be suspected is just uncanny.

I wonder if any shell casings were found in Missy's case.

From my precursory viewing of the information, this was a amateur hit. Early broad-daylight, no silencer, rookie disguise attempt, unique vehicle, returned to scene...this has no semblance of a professional hit. The husband breaks norm by leaving early to work. The knowledge of the yard sale was very limited and afforded equally limited kill opportunity-the killer had to know who, what, where and when. They provided the how. The car is of prime value. Limited edition and will probably be the clue that solves this case. If you start with who knew about this yard sale and work out from there, the killer will be revealed. I wonder if a cell tower dump could determine which phones were pinging in that area the two times the vehicle was there? Whoever planned/did this was not that smart (but WAS lucky) and this case will be solved. I think that I could put the pieces together if I had the entire case in front of me.

Barring a completely random psychopath doing this, you reveal the motive and you will find the sociopath(s) that did this.

• Is there anybody that didn’t like Liz?
  • Or, would be angry with Liz?
  • Who wanted Liz out of the way?
  • Did someone maybe have some type of obsession with Liz and she wasn’t aware that this person was obsessed with her?
  • Was someone jealous of Liz and no longer wanted her around anymore and thought of Liz as a threat?
  • Was there pre-planning year(s) or months prior to the murder?
  • Unorganized behavior
  • Did person know ahead of time about the garage sale/or surprised to see the garage sale being set up by Liz that morning?
  • Did person plan the killing thinking it would be perfect time before the anniversary trip?
  • Person had improper/inexperience use of firearm
  • Little to no evidence, few witnesses, CCTV caught actual murder being completed
  • Possibly more videos not released at this time
  • Only a few people knew about the garage sale. Did any of those people tell anyone else about the gs?
  • Will someone eventually come forward with information that will help LE identify the person in the CCTV video?
  • ID the vehicle? Somebody somewhere will recognize that person/somebody knows something and will do the right thing and say something. Did anyone overhear a conversation…a person talking about this case or this person was acting suspicious on the date of the murder, or after the murder.
  • Is there anybody feeling remorse for what they did to Liz? All in IMO and MOO

I wonder if LE found out the owner of the car used but it was a dead end .
Cause I really can not fathom how at least one letter or number of the licence plate could not be detected by so many cameras along the way. Probably one letter or number is a great help to narrow down the owner of that model car .. But then again maybe it had a fake plate.

As to the last item, remorse, I think not. I can’t imagine a killer like that feels remorse.

Remorse is the province of someone who kills their loved one in a moment of rage, jealousy, etc. Thus person feels nothing, in my book.
I feel like if there was remorse, they would have turned themselves in and confessed already.
Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member