TX TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris Co, Jan 2019 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Safe to assume nothing came up to lead police to think he was involved??? Yes.
I would say..... No, it is not safe to assume that.

There can be a difference between the police truly believing some one is innocent- verse- The police simply not having enough evidence to make an arrest.

In the end, I think the only thing safe to assume regarding the investigation and this particular ex husband is:

There is not enough evidence to arrest him. This could be a positive indication towards his innocence- or- it could be something very different.

Last edited:
I would say..... No, it is not safe to assume that.

There can be a difference between the police truly believing some one is innocent- verse- The police simply not having enough evidence to make an arrest.

In the end, I think the only thing safe to assume regarding the investigation and this particular ex husband is:

There is not enough evidence to arrest him. This could be a positive indication towards his innocence- or- it could be something very different.
Who is the ex-husband? If you're meaning SB, he is not an ex-husband to Liz Barraza. I don't recall Liz previously being married to anyone else before SB. Perhaps I've misunderstood your post. Please correct me, if needed. TIA moo

Last edited:
The reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible is now up to $50,000.00.

If you have a tip, please call the Crime Stoppers of Houston Tip Line - all calls are completely anonymous. Only tips and calls DIRECTLY TO Crime Stoppers are anonymous and eligible for a cash reward.

+1 (713) 222-TIPS

• 01/25/2019 = Friday
  • Early Morning [Approximately 02:00 AM] Black Nissan Frontier observed on neighborhood cameras driving by Liz’s house.
  • Early Morning [06:08:15 AM] Liz drives to the local Starbucks to get a coffee.
  • Early Morning [06:16:05 AM] Liz arrives home to begin setting up for Garage Sale (VIDEO).
  • Early Morning [06:17:00 - 6:47:00 AM] Liz and Sergio start arranging items outside on the driveway.
  • Early Morning [06:47:50 AM] The Nissan Frontier arrives and pulls into the neighborhood Princeton Place Drive from Kuykendahl Road and then drives into the Goddard School parking lot.
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] The Nissan Frontier leaves the Goddard School parking lot to conceal on a different street.
  • Early Morning [06:48:00 AM] Sergio leaves the property to go to work, in a white panel van.
  • Early Morning [06:51:40 AM] The Nissan Frontier comes back into view and heads towards the Barraza home.
  • Early Morning [06:52:12 AM] The murderer does a 3-point turn on Cedar Walk, parks behind Liz’s car, and then exits walking towards the driveway where Liz is still setting up.
  • Early Morning [06:52:20 - 06:52:50 AM] Liz says “Good Morning” and then the murderer speaks to her for about 6 seconds. There are 3 quick shots and then a fourth shot delivered point blank once Liz has collapsed to the driveway. (This incident in all takes approximately 30 seconds.)
  • Early Morning [06:53:10 AM] The murderer sprints back to the truck and leaves.
  • Early Morning [06:53:49 AM] Mr. D., neighbor (across street) calls 911: Heard 4 gunshots and observed Frontier leave and return at 58 seconds into the call with dispatch [6:54:47 AM].
  • Early Morning [06:58:24 AM] Next door neighbor Mrs. O. calls 911: Observes someone laying in neighbor’s driveway, heard 4 gunshots. Sees police on scene during call.
  • Early Morning [06:58:52 AM] Mrs. B. neighbor (across street) calls 911: Someone is shot, saw it in her home security video.
  • Early Morning [06:55:05 AM] The murderer exits Princeton Place subdivision and then does a U- turn to reenter the neighborhood.
  • Early Morning [06:55:08 AM] The truck is captured on her doorbell cam passing back by Liz’s house.
  • Early Morning [06:58:52 AM] Harris County Precinct 4 Constables arrive to investigate and secure the scene.
More at link ...

We know brilliant and very successful nerds; I am looking at the whole package here. CB works at his dad’s business, dad’s checks bounce… Not independent for his age, that is. Wife has to wake up early and have a yard sale because they have to be frugal to afford that anniversary trip. That, too.

As to being nerdy/not nerdy. My problem is, I don’t know how to read his first interview with the police. It can come as “an anxious, introverted person has just found out about his wife’s death, and his reaction is very typical for his group”, or “he is a very bad actor”. If I didn’t suspect high anxiety/introversion, I’d say “a bad actor.” By the same token, for a person scoring highly on anxiety/introversion, this type of reaction would be very normal. Detached, but panicky. So I don’t know what to think.
This is the first time I have heard it framed that way.

In all the renditions I have heard of this case, the garage sale money was for spending money on their trip and not out of desperation. They were not rich but not struggling financially.

Have I been hearing it or looking at it wrong this whole time? This is a fresh perspective for me.

I was thinking is it possible that no one owned the vehicle yet? I mean maybe it wasn't stolen or borrowed from a family member or friend but used by someone who had access to cars from a dealership? Would the police look into that or just focus on stolen vehicles and ones that sold prior to the murder?

Also just because people say they met online doesn't mean that's how they actually met, even if there's proof they joined the site and went on a date. I remember one case where a man had a woman he was having an affair with pretend to meet him in front of his children like it was some random meeting.

• Early Morning [06:53:10 AM] The murderer sprints back to the truck and leaves.
  • Early Morning [06:53:49 AM] Mr. D., neighbor (across street) calls 911: Heard 4 gunshots and observed Frontier leave and return at 58 seconds into the call with dispatch [6:54:47 AM].

• Early Morning [06:55:05 AM] The murderer exits Princeton Place subdivision and then does a U- turn to reenter the neighborhood.
  • Early Morning [06:55:08 AM] The truck is captured on her doorbell cam passing back by Liz’s house.
I would like to have a drawing with arrows pointing from point A to B to C and so on. Idk, whether I will understand.
No killer plus accomplice will use 2 trucks of the 100% same type - or will he for mysterious reasons?

Who is the ex-husband? If you're meaning SB, he is not an ex-husband to Liz Barraza. I don't recall Liz previously being married to anyone else before SB. Perhaps I've misunderstood your post. Please correct me, if needed. TIA moo
I was referring to SB. As LB is deceased, SB is no longer married to her. I guess that I could have said "former husband".

I'm not sure if this has been asked or answered yet, but in the garage sale notice, was there a caveat of NO EARLY BIRDS? Many sellers do not like to have people show up for garage/yard/estate sales before the posted time (even if they buy something), for the following reasons:
  • the sellers may not be fully set up for the sale until the last minute
  • early birds (especially those who want to, or end up, buying nearly everything) reduce opportunities for others, some of whom who may have come a considerable distance to see what's for sale
  • the sellers' HOA or municipality may proscribe early birding
  • and possibly others, not least of which being what happened to Liz
MOO, also from personal experience with such sales

Is it uncommon to be standing out front for a garage sale that early? I know Sergio had to help move the heavier items out front but why wouldn't Elizabeth wait until it was bright out to move the other items? She was described as someone who was very cautious and I know if I was in that situation I would have said that I only want help with the heavy items. I also get not wanting to leave expensive items outside that could easily be taken if the lighter items were moved without me knowing they would be, it almost seems like a trap. Unless Elizabeth thought the garage sale would be starting later, then I could see someone who is cautious agreeing to have help move the lighter items. Does anyone know if Elizabeth had help moving the light items too? And does anyone know if she thought she wouldn't be alone so early in the morning? Like did SB have a sudden earlier time he had to be at work?

I was thinking is it possible that no one owned the vehicle yet? I mean maybe it wasn't stolen or borrowed from a family member or friend but used by someone who had access to cars from a dealership? Would the police look into that or just focus on stolen vehicles and ones that sold prior to the murder?
I have long suspected the vehicle was "borrowed" either with or without the owner's knowledge.

A couple of possibilities: (Note* I believe the shooter is female and this is how I think they got themselves in that truck)

1. The shooter made an excuse to use it (am almost out of gas and/or truck is blocking my car, the baby needs formula and/or I need feminine products). In this theory, I also think the shooter may have taken a sleeping child (or what appeared to be a sleeping child) with them. I say this because a truck fitting this description was pulled over at (4am?) early in the morning and according to the officer, the driver had a "good reason" to be driving around that early. The shooter also very briefly pulled into a daycare between Sergio leaving for work and shooting Liz. Would anyone have thought twice if a woman was in a truck, at a daycare, with a child in the car?

2. The shooter just used it without permission. It was spotted at 2am so they could have simply just snatched the keys while the owner slept.

3. The shooter bugged, threatened, annoying THE snot out of the owner until they got their way. This person was cold enough to calmly walk up to Liz and shoot her point blank without flinching one bit. They would most certainly be able to bully and/or intimidate their way into using the truck, especially if a pushover male was involved.

Especially for scenarios one and two I imagine the truck owner to be visiting from out of town. It was January 25th, and that's a tad off from New Years, but that could have someone visiting the area for holidays.

I think with scenario 2, its entirely possible the owner of the truck lives way out of state and has absolutely no idea their truck was used in a crime.

I would love to know the breakdown of who those who follow the case believe committed this murder. Man versus woman and then motive/connection. If only we could do polls here!

I personally think it was a man, who either knew of Liz tangentially and had some kind of weird fixation or just a complete stranger. I do not see a woman committing a crime such as this.

I would love to know the breakdown of who those who follow the case believe committed this murder. Man versus woman and then motive/connection. If only we could do polls here!

I personally think it was a man, who either knew of Liz tangentially and had some kind of weird fixation or just a complete stranger. I do not see a woman committing a crime such as this.
I think it’s a woman, but wouldn’t be shocked if it was a man.

And I think it’s most likely related to the husband in some way, although I’m not sure how exactly and don’t necessarily think he was involved. (But I feel like there are also some plausible possibilities that have nothing to do with the husband, my opinion on motive isn’t that strong)

I think it is the dashcam. He is in some vehicle with a white seat.

That, and this, too, subjectively I can’t process. Something bothers me.

There is a much, much longer version out there that was just recently released.

It is 30 mins long, or longer.

Have you seen it?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="Law Enforcement Interview With Sergio Barraza" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The smaller clips seem to intentionally make Sergio look like a bit of an offputting goof.

I also find it really weird the report does not match the raw dashcam footage much at all. For instance, they claimed he never asked about Liz but he very much so do, repeatedly.

There are other things that report either exaggerates or leaves out that does not match the footage but that was is the only thing I remember right off hand.

You can't picture that?

"A clown came to Marlene Warren’s door on a May morning in 1990, handed her carnations and balloons and then shot her dead in front of her son. On Tuesday, her husband’s second wife finally pleaded guilty to being the killer, closing a case that is strange even by Florida standards."
Florida woman pleads guilty in killer clown case decades after love triangle shooting

"In Feb. 2007, Nowak drove 900 miles from Houston to Orlando. In her car, she had a trench coat, black wig, pepper spray, a BB gun, rope, trash bags, an 8-inch knife and other items.

In a detail that captured the public's attention, police reports claimed that she had space diapers with her, so she wouldn't have to stop for bathroom breaks.

Nowak was wearing a black wig and trench coat when she approached Colleen Shipman's car in the parking lot of Orlando International Airport. She banged on the Shipman's vehicle and begged for a ride. When Shipman rolled down her window, Nowak sprayed her with pepper spray and tried to get in the car."
Astronaut Love Triangle: Lisa Nowak 'Is Finally at Peace' 15 Years After Attacking Romantic Rival

I would also like to point out that many, many unsolved murders of females with eye witness, CCTV, and other factors have high speculation the killer may be a woman. Missy Bevers, Florence Salon murders, The Lane Bryant shootings. I could name many more but thats what comes to mind at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akoyaqueen