TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know how in God's name there is no good photo of this costume (what the killer wore) and why it's all so grainy. Was every doorbell camera in range this bad? I don't know anything about these cameras; any ideas?

I really want to know how in God's name there is no good photo of this costume (what the killer wore) and why it's all so grainy. Was every doorbell camera in range this bad? I don't know anything about these cameras; any ideas?

Seriously. I always wonder why, in the year 2021, when we have robots on Mars, why our earthly security cameras still look like they were filmed through a potato. It’s so frustrating... JMO

I don't remember who initially posted this, but they suggested a padme amidala costume. I always thought it was just an oversized sweater with tights and high boots until I saw this photo. MOO

That looks interesting. The killers "costume" may have been an approximation of this. Instead of a cape, theyre wearing a knee length lightweight coat.

I've always thought the clothing looked a littl outdated, as if it was acquired at a second hand store. JMO the killer definitely seems to be wearing it as a costume.

I don't remember who initially posted this, but they suggested a padme amidala costume. I always thought it was just an oversized sweater with tights and high boots until I saw this photo. MOO
Hmmm -- That seems to come pretty close to what I saw, although I did not see the film up close as LE certainly did. But it looks pretty close to what I saw, but maybe with more squared-off front panels...

Last edited:
Seriously. I always wonder why, in the year 2021, when we have robots on Mars, why our earthly security cameras still look like they were filmed through a potato. It’s so frustrating... JMO

Agreed, and a quite excellent description of the quality of the film! Love dat! ;)..:confused:

Hoping, but not betting a dime, that LE is getting close to an arrest,

Earth people care about this thing called money. Good cameras, storage, bandwidth all cost quite a bit. Lot of people cut corners on security as well, because until it happens to you, it feels like an additional expense. Many shops put fake cameras as a deterrent.

That costume has been described as everything from a nightgown to a robe to a trench coat. However, the shooter having a conversation with the victim, whether part of the scheme or not, is just plain weird. This person is unhinged and will talk to someone. IMO. I believe someday the police will get the evidence they need.

That costume has been described as everything from a nightgown to a robe to a trench coat. However, the shooter having a conversation with the victim, whether part of the scheme or not, is just plain weird. This person is unhinged and will talk to someone. IMO. I believe someday the police will get the evidence they need.

You think even if they knew her it was weird to talk to her? maybe they wanted her to know why she deserved to die

You think even if they knew her it was weird to talk to her? maybe they wanted her to know why she deserved to die
You may be right about that, but I do think it's a very weird move and risky to talk. It adds time and the voice was recorded. I do think that what seems to have been handed to Liz was intended to distract her because that's when the shooting started. But it's hard to be sure if she had or had not seen the gun already. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on all of this.

You may be right about that, but I do think it's a very weird move and risky to talk. It adds time and the voice was recorded. I do think that what seems to have been handed to Liz was intended to distract her because that's when the shooting started. But it's hard to be sure if she had or had not seen the gun already. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on all of this.

Nothing was handed to her

I know many people feel sure of that, especially the man who has those 2 YT videos of it (I didn't watch the whole thing), but what I see is that the shooter hands Elizabeth something (with the left hand) and she took it (with her right hand). The second she began to look at the object, the shooting started - while she was not looking directly at the shooter. I think this was the view of most until recently. Not sure what has changed on that but maybe I need to watch it again.

Agree. If you look closely, she's looking at the gun.

Detective Wallace Wyatt:

In the video, Barraza says “Good morning” to her killer. There’s a brief exchange of muffled words, then the shooting.

You see Liz in the video notice the gun and she jumps, it scares her. I think Liz then, may have known that person," Wyatt said.

The truck was seen in the neighborhood the night before and the morning of the murder, waiting for Barraza’s husband to leave. After the murder, it left and then passed back by the house again.

Father of slain Tomball woman hopeful new clues help | khou.com

A big Thank You, @Betty P, for that article!
It's been a while since I have seen the face-to-face between Elizabeth and her attacker. Still mysterious, and still an open case. Fingers crossed for a break soon.

Does anyone know why this thread was moved to cold cases? Afaik, not too long ago, an article stated LE was still serving search warrants and such.

A big Thank You, @Betty P, for that article!
It's been a while since I have seen the face-to-face between Elizabeth and her attacker. Still mysterious, and still an open case. Fingers crossed for a break soon.

No problem. If I have the time, I'll go back to find the link to the press conference held by Wallace Wyatt, the new detective put in charge of the investigation. He mentioned a few other facts that seemed new to me, including that the killer is a male.

Does anyone know why this thread was moved to cold cases? Afaik, not too long ago, an article stated LE was still serving search warrants and such.

ETA: For example, the Missy Bevers case is from 2016, but is still in the Crimes in the News section.

Agree. JMO, it's too early to classify this as a cold case. Assume it was a decision by one of the Mods, but perhaps needs to be reconsidered. All the cases are important and hopefully, Elizabeth Barrazza's will get more attention and be resolved.

Last edited:
I get a distinctly ‘online world drama’ feel from this whole case. Some thoughts:

* I think it’s very personal. You don’t take time standing out in public to explain why you’re killing someone if you’re just the hired shooter. It’s inefficient to add unnecessary time and potential for noise/her reaction. This person took time to speak to them, they needed to convey something. It was emotional.

* It’s possible that she did know the shooter but did not recognise them. If she spent a lot of time operating in online groups and forums you can come to know of people without actually knowing them in person. I wondered if the movement with the non-shooting hand was showing her something to demonstrate or prove an online identity that she’d recognise. This might also explain why she didn’t greet them but they had to make sure she was definitely deceased to the point of making that final shot to the head and even returning to check.

* There’s loads of things you can learn about people without stepping foot in their hone. We all know that, we find out things all the time when sleuthing. What would it take to know where to stand to avoid being captured on their Ring device? You’d maybe only need to have seen a clip they’d shared - perhaps about another incident at their home but completely unrelated to this. People do that a lot on social media. Maybe they’d also mentioned it being the only camera they had. Or maybe they had visited the home to check it out in the days or weeks prior to carrying out the shooting, under the guise of delivering something entirely unremarkable. Maybe they appear on Ring some other time.

* The comments earlier in the thread about these communities and the types of personalities that populate them really stuck out to me. I don’t know much about this specific community but I do know others in which people become involved to an obsessive extent. Whole lives, intense relationships and dramas play out with real world feelings and consequences. A slight or some sort of rejection makes absolute sense to me. Maybe she took action which excluded them in some way, caused rejection of them or their costumes, or maybe it’s more explicit and she found something out about someone which threatened their continued involvement in the community if revealed. Maybe she knew something which threatened or had an impact on a relationship this person had with someone else. I would love to be a fly on the wall in their groups, I bet they’ve been going mad with theories of their own in various corners of the internet.

* I think the shooter is a male. A relatively young(ish) male - smart but also perhaps obsessive with difficulty separating online and real life. I very much see hints of male movement disguised with deliberately feminine gestures in walk up to Liz, then quite distinct male movement as they shoot and then make an escape. I wonder if they’re perhaps more effeminate than masculine on a day to day basis anyway.

I can’t help but feel the online cosplay community will have the answers. I’d put money on some of them having suspicions. The costume and theatrical/elaborate nature of the scenario plus need to convey some sort of message to her totally fits with that, for me.

Long post but I’ve been gathering many thoughts as I read through the threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow