GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely hope that the settlements and lawsuits cure this poor afflicted family of their "affluenza" and they can live a life of poverty ever after.

Being in Tarrant County this ticks ( word used only so a MOD does not have to waste time editing out my true feelings) me off so bad. The parents are the so called cause of this bogus affluenza problem. So now we are taking mental health money from someone that is in real need of it for this BS problem.
Affluenza= caused by his parents and now technically by this judge that he can use when he gets in trouble in a few yrs.
depression= more then likely caused by the fact he might actually be in some serious trouble since he killed 4 and injured even more.

arrrggggg! This little piss should spend the rest of his pathetic life in prison in general population!

For once, we have a judge who has some common sense as well as a true sense of justice. www.nbcdfw.com is reporting that District Judge R. H. Wallace has ordered Crouch's attorneys to release psychological records from the psychiatrist who made the affluenza claim. One of the victim families has filed a civil suit even though some of the families have settled with the Couch family.

BTW, Judge Wallace is the same judge who ruled that Marlise Munoz must be taken off life support even thought she was pregnant. I say Three Cheers for Judge Wallace!

Faw - I was unable to read your link as apparently that page has been updated but thanks for the info!

Here's another link

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20140530-texas-judge-orders-affluenza-records-turned-over.ece

A judge has ordered attorneys for the North Texas teenager who killed four people in a deadly wreck to turn over the records of the psychologist who claimed the teen suffered from “affluenza.”

Judge R.H. Wallace Jr.’s Thursday ruling rejected arguments by Ethan Couch’s attorneys.

Blondie, thanks for your link. I think this is something that needs to be shouted from the rooftops.:drumroll:

Faw - I was unable to read your link as apparently that page has been updated but thanks for the info!

Here's another link

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20140530-texas-judge-orders-affluenza-records-turned-over.ece

A judge has ordered attorneys for the North Texas teenager who killed four people in a deadly wreck to turn over the records of the psychologist who claimed the teen suffered from “affluenza.”

Judge R.H. Wallace Jr.’s Thursday ruling rejected arguments by Ethan Couch’s attorneys.

:tears: That one doesn't work for me.

ETA: It does now! :great:

TX civil action against affluenza kid Ethan Couch follows disposition re juvie (crim) charges against teen

"....One of the victims who survived the accident is suing and wants to see exactly how this clinical psychologist came to his groundbreaking diagnosis that rich kids don’t have to go to jail, and Couch’s lawyers are fighting that disclosure tooth and nail…."
"....Couch’s attorneys have good arguments for why records reflecting Dr. Miller’s communication with the lawyers would be subject to privilege because he was hired to act as a consultant for the juvenile proceeding. But when the therapist testified about his diagnosis and then went on TV in the midst of apublicity storm to talk about it...."
"....
Judge R.H. Wallace Jr. ruled that the records of clinical psychologist Dr. Dick Miller — the “affluenza” genius — must be turned over to the plaintiff on the grounds that any privileges attached to the Dr. Miller’s testimony were waived when he testified at the media circus of a juvenile proceeding. In response, Couch’s lawyers lodged a writ of mandamusseeking an emergency stay of the disclosure."
http://abovethelaw.com/2014/08/the-...e-this-time-the-evidentiary-kind/#more-335074 pub Aug 6,2014

Petition for Writ of Mandamus asking app. ct to stay (~overturn) ruling Def. provide Med-Psych Affluenza Records
http://abovethelaw.com/2014/08/the-affluenza-kid-and-privilege-this-time-the-evidentiary-kind/2/
pdf = 68 pages, filed Aug 1, 2014

App. court’s opinion granting emergency stay
http://abovethelaw.com/2014/08/the-affluenza-kid-and-privilege-this-time-the-evidentiary-kind/3/
pdf = 2 pages, Aug 4, 2014 order
BBM.

IIUC, app ct's order is only an emergency stay,
so def. is not required to produce med records to plaintiff/injured party, at least for now,
until parties can argue re the merits at a later hearing and ct can further consider merits and issue order.
IOW, ct can lift the stay to force def. to produce records. Or not.

Welcoming thoughts or interp from legal professionals (and others). I may be wrong.

I wonder what they're so afraid of.

Makes me want to see it even more.

When you hear his dad is pretending to be a copy, you begin to wonder about that affluenza verdict.
Did these parents teach him anything productive, useful , logical and true in his life?
Not excusing him at all, but it's clear the family is a mess of lies and strangeness.
No wonder he drank. :(

That whole family is a bucket full of cray cray AND obviously think they are above the law.

Who says money can't buy you freedom.

Please tell me this boy is their only offspring and they didn't further procreate.

I wonder what a black man's or Hispanic man's bail would have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper