GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Affluenza should never be a defense to anything, ever.

It's getting more and more like that. The more people deify the rich the more the wealthy get away with. This is not the first time nor nearly the last time throwing money at a problem cures it. JMO

That whole family is a bucket full of cray cray AND obviously think they are above the law.

Unfortunately this case has confirmed that they are, in fact, above the law.

The double standard here is really scary to me. The Ethan Couch kid was imo, a neglected child, except that instead of being poor, his family was rich and gave him whatever he wanted. They never supervised him, or told him right from wrong, or tried guide him into being a decent human being.. they just showed him he was entitled to whatever the hell he wanted. Poor parents who neglect their kids like that are usually visited by CPS. Doubt they would have even thought about stopping by these people house. Double Standard!!

Father of "affluenza" teen arrested for impersonating police
ByCRIMESIDER STAFF CBS/APAugust 20, 2014, 11:44 AM

NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas - The father of the Texas teen who killed four people and argued that his family's wealth was partially to blame has been arrested for impersonating a police officer, reports CBS DFW.

Frederick Couch was arrested Tuesday morning in North Richland Hills on a warrant that alleges he falsely identified himself as a police officer to authorities, according to the station.

"They [police at the scene] said, 'So you're a Lakeside Police Department officer?' He said, 'yes,' and reiterated that he was. He said he had his police stuff in his vehicle," Bauman said, according to the station.

Couch even showed the officers what appeared to be a badge and a police identification card, according to Bauman.

Authorities said they later determined that Couch was not an officer with the Lakeside Police Department or with any police department in the state of Texas.

"When you have someone who is not an officer stating that they are, it can cause issues," said Bauman. "It's a concern."

Couch was arrested and released on a $2,500 bond.​

More ...

'Affluenza' teen's deposition gives insight into fatal crash

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...eposition-gives-insight-fatal-crash/74045100/

Last week, the Couch family settled the final lawsuit against them filed by the family of Lucas McConnell, a young teenager hurt in the crash.

Watch the full story on ABC News' 20/20 on Friday, Oct. 16, at 10 p.m. ET.

http://wbt.com/affluenza-dui-case-what-happened-night-of-the-accident-that-left-4-people-dead/

Since the fatal June 2013 crash, six separate civil suits have been filed against Ethan Couch, his parents, Tonya and Fred Couch, and the Couch family business, Cleburne Sheet Metal.

Family members of victims who were killed in the crash -- Pastor Brian Jennings, the driver of the Mercury Mountaineer and Hollie and Shelby Boyles -- have all settled their suits.

The family of Sergio Molina, a teen who was thrown from the bed of Couch's truck, filed and settled a suit on his behalf. Molina suffered a serious brain injury and can no longer speak or move.

Additionally, the families of Lucas McConnell and Isaiah McLaughlin, who were in Pastor Brian Jennings's white truck at the time of the crash, filed and settled suits with the Couch family.

All the cases settled without the defendants admitting fault.

Millionaire mom of 'affluenza' teen who was spared jail after killing four in DUI crash could not remember the last time she punished him as victims families say he STILL hasn't apologized

Ethan Couch killed four people after drunkenly crashing into a stranded car

Boy, 16, was let off with 10 years' probation despite 70mph horror smash

Legal team argued he did not understand responsibility because of his wealthy upbringing - calling it 'affluenza'

Deposition tapes from a civil case reveal his mother could not remember the last time she punished him

Tonya Couch did not tell Ethan's father their son was drunk when police caught him urinating in public just months before the fatal crash

She insisted under oath she had never seen her son drink but a friend of Ethan's said Ms Couch saw them drinking a week before the tragedy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-deposition-tapes-reveal.html#ixzz3oo1sD6NZ

I am watching the 20/20 episode on demand right now. It's causing me to think even less of this spoiled little bratty creep and his parents. This family needs some serious karma unleashed in them. Absolutely sickening.

Good Lord....this brat was allowed to drive himself to his private school at 13 years old! When the owner of the school complained to his parents and told them it was against the law for Ethan to drive to school, Ethan's parents said "fine, then we'll buy the school."

Immediately after they pulled Ethan out of school and "homeschooled" him.

I'd say his parent's should be jailed for his "Affluenza". Normally I'd just say that about the child, but if his "parents" couldn't impart the difference between right and wrong whose fault is that? I was raised or razed in a different time. I never would let one of my children drink underage. I can't remember when I had my first drink, I was told by my Mom after her parties she'd find me finishing off the leftover drinks from the night before. As I got older there was wine or beer with dinner, or when ever else I wanted it. It was dumb then, stupid now let them grow up first. Then tell them it's nothing but trouble and quit before they start.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/55542446-story

''The Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office is investigating a video that appears to show the “affluenza” teen Ethan Couch at a party where alcohol is involved.

The video was posted on Twitter and sent to various media outlets and local law enforcement agencies. It includes the caption, “ya boy ethan couch violating probation. i got more if u want.”'''

I SO hope that is him in the video. Charge him as an adult and send him to prison for 10 years. (the most he can get for violating his parole).

jmo

Well I would say if it is him then he definitely did not ' learn his lesson' by all the thousands his dad spent on his defense. Must suck to be so wealthy you don't even know right from wrong.

ETA Would like to point how much all his friends must ' love ' him to film him partying and then release it on SM and then caption it with his name and breaking probation on it so he is sure to be found out. :thinking:

If it is him, his probation would be revolked and he would be sentenced to what he could have faced for killing and injuring those people which would have been 20 years right?

or does he only get ten years?

The Twitter video is on Youtube. btw

jmo

We can all hope that if he dies from his "Affluenza" that he doesn't take someone else with him.. For him to kill someone else would be a real tragedy...

IIRC I think he was already on probation before he killed those 4 people and injured the others.

How would he learn any lessons? He got a slap on the wrist instead of some serious prison time a poor person likely would.
The only lesson he could have learned is that rich can get away with pretty much anything.

I agree jjenny. I was just hopeful I guess that after a very close call, he might think ' oh hey , i should clean up my act'. But, you are exactly right. He learned his family money can buy him anything. Let's see if it can buy his way out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member