GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But he didn't have any more charges pending, did he? Why would they run?

According to the articles, he was being investigated for violating his probation b/c someone posted a video on Twitter of him at a party watching people play beer pong.

He missed a scheduled appointment last week with his probation officer and there is a video on twitter and youtube of a couple of teens playing beer pong, he is at the end of the video laughing.

He is not supposed to be around/drink, drive etc. since he is on ten years probation.

The video is up on youtube.

jmo

An arrest warrant has been issued for the Texas teen who avoided jail time in the drunken-driving deaths of four people two years ago because he has failed to check in with his probation officer, according to Tarrant County Juvenile Services and the teenager's lawyers.

And there is this: "Couch is already under investigation after a video posted on social media appears to show him next to a drinking game, possibly in violation of this probation, Jordan told ABC News earlier this month. The six-second video, posted on Twitter Dec. 2, purportedly shows Couch clapping and laughing after another man jumps on a beer pong table in a room. That investigation is still ongoing." http://abcnews.go.com/US/arrest-warrant-issued-missing-affluenza-teen-ethan-couch/story?id=35784710

This should be posted in one of the other forums, although I understand why it was posted here (news is calling them "missing").
Clearly they have fled. Hopefully this ends with all three of them in jail where they can bemoan how unjustly they have been treated.

just my opinion, not intended to be a criticism of the original poster!

wow. no wonder he had "affluenza" w mommy covering for him. and I bet she has had this in the works since she has the means.

Unbelievable, yet not surprising. The parents have been enabling this kid for his whole life so he never has had to face consequences. He has never developed the correct tools to deal with hardship. IMO, the parents are equally as guilty as he is for having killed 4 people. I hope they are all arrested and sent to jail. Do these parents have any more children at home?

Unbelievable, yet not surprising. The parents have been enabling this kid for his whole life so he never has had to face consequences. He has never developed the correct tools to deal with hardship. IMO, the parents are equally as guilty as he is for having killed 4 people. I hope they are all arrested and sent to jail. Do these parents have any more children at home?

IIRC, he is an only child

It's so blatant in your face in this case. They aren't even trying to hide the fact he got probation because he is rich. His defense lawyer actually argued that he should get treatment instead of prison since he is a product of wealth and got everything he wanted. And the judge agreed. Isn't life grand?

How about 5 years or more in that $500,000/year psych/rehab paid for by the spoiling, rich parents?

I still cannot believe he only got probation for killing four people, but did anyone really think he could have been reformed with such a slap on the wrist? He deserved jail from the get go and he deserved to be tried as an adult. I hope they do find him and his horrible mother and lock them both up.

The night of my High School Graduation, a few boys from my graduating class got into a fatal accident. They were drinking and luckily (I know it sounds horrible) they didn't kill innocent people. The driver did kill a good friend of his and seriously injured two others. He served 10 years in prison and he did turn his life around. He still hates himself for that night and I can't help but feel horrible for him. He wasn't a bad kid... he made a terrible decision and he paid dearly for it. He'll never get over it and it will haunt him until the day he dies. His time in prison and the fact that he genuinely hurts every day for his actions that night, is punishment enough. All the victims families have forgiven him... they had all grew up together. I don't think he will ever forgive himself, even though I hope he can eventually.

I don't see the kid in the case feeling bad about anything.

Sounds like Ethan Couch came by his personality right from the family tree.

Good Lord....this brat was allowed to drive himself to his private school at 13 years old! When the owner of the school complained to his parents and told them it was against the law for Ethan to drive to school, Ethan's parents said "fine, then we'll buy the school."

Immediately after they pulled Ethan out of school and "homeschooled" him.

How does 'buying the school' make it legal for him to drive?? Crazy people.

FWIW, via one of my children, here in East Tennessee, juvenile probation is an utter scam. I was hoping the officer of the court would help us keep our daughter on the right track. I have been totally shocked. She has not been drug-tested, checked on for curfew, or any of the things I expected. It is still on us. The officer has missed multiple appointments and just shrugs it off.

FWIW, via one of my children, here in East Tennessee, juvenile probation is an utter scam. I was hoping the officer of the court would help us keep our daughter on the right track. I have been totally shocked. She has not been drug-tested, checked on for curfew, or any of the things I expected. It is still on us. The officer has missed multiple appointments and just shrugs it off.

When my son was on juvenile probation for 6 months, we never heard once from his probation officer. Someone told me that because we (the parents) were responsible people who had a good relationship with our son and interviewed well understanding the seriousness of the minor offense, they concentrate their resources on juveniles from dysfunctional homes and more serious offenses.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...officials-wonder-if-he-left-country/77453634/

''"We're working every angle we can work," said Tarrant County Sheriff Dee Anderson. "I've got a bunch of my fugitive guys working on it."

Anderson said if he had a top 10 most wanted list, Couch would be No. 1.

"He had a good amount of time to get a good head start," the sheriff said Wednesday. "And we all know what kind of resources this family has to get out of town. Get out of the country. Who knows?"''
''News 8 was told Couch was not wearing a GPS monitor. The house Couch shared with his mother near Eagle Mountain Lake appears to have been empty for some time. A neighbor said Couch and his mother Tonya leased it over the summer but that they haven't been there since. ''

Wow, I wonder when the last time he DID show up to probation was. I wonder if he was allowed to ' call in ' some of the meetings. I know they do that with some folks because of various reasons. He may have been gone a long time.

I heard on the news the U.S. Marshals are looking for him as well.

I hope they eventually find him. He can run, but he can't hide.

Everyone knows his name and who he is.

jmo

I heard on the news the U.S. Marshals are looking for him as well.

I hope they eventually find him. He can run, but he can't hide.

Everyone knows his name and who he is.

jmo

I'm glad that federal officials are involved in the hunt. They have more resources & experience than a county government. This entire family needs to be locked up. They may be rich but they sure are poor excuses for humans.

I hope they find them soon. This kid belongs in prison and his mother needs to be charged with whatever they can charge her with. Throw the book at both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrina