GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
]hmmm...I wonder if mommy and daddy knew that this was a possibility?[/B] And once the beer pong video hit the internet they knew his time was running out and the sh@t was going to hit the fan?

I seriously would not want the marshals looking for me.....they are relentless and will find him. Not to mention the favor he has lost with LE.

oh, I think his mother knew he was in deep trouble once the video hit the internet.

That is why they decided to haul buns.

jmo

The flatness of his philtrum (upper lip arch), and facial appearance, has always made me wonder if he has FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome), or fetal alcohol spectrum disorder-- in combination with his history of behaviors. I'm surprised the defense didn't "go there" back during the "affluenza" flap. Or maybe mommie dearest wouldn't approve it as a possible defense strategy. JMO. He sure looks and acts like he has FAS to me, IMO.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/AA82/images/figure01.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_alcohol_spectrum_disorder

http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/facts.html

I totally agree.

hmmm...I wonder if mommy and daddy knew that this was a possibility? And once the beer pong video hit the internet they knew his time was running out and the sh@t was going to hit the fan?

I seriously would not want the marshals looking for me.....they are relentless and will find him. Not to mention the favor he has lost with LE.

Yes, I'm sure they knew. It had been announced on the news earlier this month.................. shortly before the the beer pong party hit social media.

Look up all the countries that don't have extradition treaties with the U.S., you'll find mom and son living in one of them. They're gone......I'm sure they probably had an escape plan all along.

Yes, I'm sure they knew. It had been announced on the news earlier this month.................. shortly before the the beer pong party hit social media.

Ahhhh....that makes sense as I wasn't sure if mommy had a heads up or not before the video was released, not that it matters now I suppose.

Thanks!

I'm having computer problems this morning which is why I only posted the link to legal information in my previous post. I did want to get the link available before I crashed again.

In essence the article stated the following.

Prosecutors expect a juvenile court to certify Ethan as an adult. Before the hearing can be held he must be apprehended. He must be present for the hearing. If he is caught & certified, an adult court judge can revoke probation instead of modifying it. Therefore it's possible Couch could spend years in prison for each of the 4 people he killed. The sentences for each of the 4 deaths can be stacked.

Look up all the countries that don't have extradition treaties with the U.S., you'll find mom and son living in one of them. They're gone......I'm sure they probably had an escape plan all along.

OK, which one do you think they are in?

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and

Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central

African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Cuba, Djibouti, Equatorial

Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan,

Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands,

Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, North Korea, Niger,

Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia,

Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu,

Vatican, Vietnam or Yemen.

Couch was prosecuted under a "Determinate Sentence." The decision to request transfer of his case to the adult courts was the discretion of the DA's office.

The decision to transfer or allow Couch to "age out" will be made by a juvenile court judge.

All things considered, it was pretty much a given that the DA's office would request the transfer to the adult justice system.

(Emphasis added)

https://www.bhwlawfirm.com/texas-juvenile-law-what-is-determinate-sentencing/

Possible that Couch and his parents may have thought that his case would have been allowed to go away once he aged out at 19.

If they thought that would happen, it would appear to be yet another example of their deluded thinking.

A motion to revoke is a different matter and all things considered, the decision to run has made his case infinitely more difficult for him to receive any further leniency.

I foresee that the judge will transfer his case to the adult courts.

I also foresee that the best Couch can hope for from the inevitable motion to revoke is a term in an Intermediate Sanctioning Facility (ISF) or a Substance Abuse Felony Program (SAFP).

He had his opportunities to be treated as a juvenile with his stays at Vernon and Cal Farley's.

Apparently he has not seen a light.

I do think he will be caught. I don't think he or his mother have the psychological makeup necessary to live "successfully" as a fugitive.

I figure they already left discernable tracks that will lead to their apprehension.

By all accounts, Tarrant County is in no mood for any further embarrassment resulting from this family's arrogant attitude towards the criminal justice system.
Great Post. Thank you.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

From your link Faw:

"If he is caught and certified, and an adult court judge revokes probation instead of modifying it, then it's possible Couch could spend years in prison for each of the four people he killed."

"The statute allows for those sentences to be stacked, whether they're tried together or not," Jack explained. She says judges in both juvenile and adult systems have wide discretion."

"As a prosecutor, Christy Jack has experience with the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force."

"I've never had an instance where I have asked them to find someone when they didn't catch their man," she said."

"She said Ethan's mother, Tonya, could be charged with hindering apprehension, a felony with a maximum 10-year sentence."

"As publicity grows, and more tips pour in, the Tarrant County Sheriff's Office has assigned three detectives to spend their Sunday working the case."

Afghanistan, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Armenia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and

Herzegovina, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, the Central

African Republic, Chad, Mainland China, Comoros, Congo (Kinshasa), Congo (Brazzaville), Cuba, Djibouti, Equatorial

Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Indonesia, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan,

Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands,

Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, North Korea, Niger,

Oman, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé & Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia,

Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu,

I'm betting on Cuba. It should be easy enough to slip in & they could live like royalty for pennies on the $. They may even have an ocean front villa. Wonder if the U.S. Marshal's Service ever send out bounty hunters?

I think they are hiding out in Mexico. They are both likely pill-popping and for certain are arrogant. They wouldn't worry about a stupid thing like extradition. They probably think Mexico was a super-sneaky hiding place. And they didn't have to travel halfway around the world.

Just guessin' out "loud".

I think they are hiding out in Mexico. They are both likely pill-popping and for certain are arrogant. They wouldn't worry about a stupid thing like extradition. They probably think Mexico was a super-sneaky hiding place. And they didn't have to travel halfway around the world.

Just guessin' out "loud".
I'm just guessin' too...But I agree they may be in Mexico. I think there is a good chance Mommy has vacationed there at least a few times.
I don't believe it will be ages before they are caught. I don't think Mommy's used to having to tough a situation out. Doing without A/C, her favorite cosmetics and hair products will be a serious issue for her.
She may have counted on Daddy sending $$$, but I'll be the FBI and Marshal's Service have made it clear to him all three of them are looking at felonies if he helps or hides any information he has.
And Ethan? I can't see him being cooperative in hiding for any length of time. He does what he likes, always.

I think he will be going to prison for more than 10 years. jmo

oh, and charge him with underage drinking because we all know he is not going to be substaining from alcohol.

I hope they throw the whole freakin' library at this kid.

jmo

The whole Law Library:D

I was just out running errands, mulling over this case.

It occurred to me that if Ethan's parents had set up a plan to ruin his life from the time he was born, they honestly couldn't have come up with a more sure-fire plan to do it.

1. At an early age, make sure he feels he is invincible, and above the law. Demonstrate this often by downtalking LE, and committing petty crimes yourselves as an example. Make sure he sees you don't suffer any consequences.
2. Go through a messy divorce while he is still in elementary school. Dad, scoot mostly out of the picture. Mom, treat him as a trusted partner.
3. When he gets in minor scrapes with the law, make sure he doesn't suffer any consequences either legally or at home. Refuse to collaborate with other parents to make sure his grouping of friends doesn't create trouble. Don't follow up with the parents of other minors who are involved in scrapes with the law with him.
4. Provide him with a "muscle" car with a badboy reputation, and if his breaks down provide him with a better one temporarily.
5. Give him his own home when he is 14, and make it clear you will not be dropping by there to supervise him for weeks on end.
6. When he finally commits a crime the level of a felony, take responsibility for it yourselves, and whisk him away out of public eye. Don't provide additional supervision during his probationary time.
7. When he is caught violating probation and it's clear there's a warrant for his arrest, make sure you are successful in making him a fugitive from the law.
Really, it's surprising when you look at it - if their goal was to ruin his life, they honestly couldn't have come up with a more reliable plan. The more I look at this, the more I empathize with him and wonder about the mental health of his parents.
[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

I am now thankful the judge sentenced him to ten years probation: She knew he would eventually mess up.

Since he was 16 when all of this happened, he was tried as a minor and not an adult. He would have likely only had to serve 3 years in jail til he was 21 and his record be perm. sealed.
I know understand why the judge did what she did.

Now that he violated his probation, It seems that he will have to serve his entire sentence with no early release.

And can they charge him with avaiding arrest too?

jmo

I am catchang up on this thread.....but I want to say that this is a GOLDEN observation!!! Excellent point!

Brilliant judge!!!

I'm betting on Cuba. It should be easy enough to slip in & they could live like royalty for pennies on the $. They may even have an ocean front villa. Wonder if the U.S. Marshal's Service ever send out bounty hunters?

My first thought was also Cuba.

Not sure why, but I am feeling blue. Fate is a fickle thing & so far it has favored the Couch family. I don't understand why, but it is time for justice for the families of the victims. Please, God, let it happen.

The majority of these places do not sound like a good place to go.

The majority of these places do not sound like a good place to go.

andorra is not bad, tiny and between spain and france so mum won't miss her shopping and junior could risk going out for drinks
i do hope he gets caught, for everyone's sake

lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, non quom qualis sit novit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member