GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lower the percentage of income inequality ( where incomes are more equal) the worse the economy. Check out which countries the incomes are more equal and see how they are doing. Likening this sociopathic punk to some sort of "ruling class" makes no sense.

So this is interesting. I wonder if it's true? Her lawyer is saying she's broken no Texas laws.

If she left with him to go to Mexico, before a warrant was out for his arrest, has she committed a crime? He's an adult and not in her custody, in theory. Is she responsible for the fact that she's traveling with another adult who is violating his probation? I don't know. This case does get twisty.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/loca...an-tonya-couch-fighting-extradition/78070682/

Gee, since when does a defense attorney issue a statement saying their client is guilty as charged and looks forward to accepting their appropriate punishment?

IANAL, but the way I read Sec. 38.05, the offense can entail more than the existence of an arrest warrant.

...intent to hinder the arrest, prosecution, conviction, or punishment of another...

Or. Not and. And more.

But not being a lawyer, I'm gonna defer at the moment to the DA's understanding of the statute. As she is a former District Court judge, I am assuming she has some ability to interpret and to apply the law.

Whether the evidence in this case fits the law will be determined in court.

In the meantime, the court of public opinion will rage on regardless of goofy statements issued from the Couch camp designed to do what?...rehabilitate her image from a "worst parent ever" to an adventurous fun loving mom out on a holiday jaunt with her son?...with no advance reservations, merrily paying cash all the way?

Okay. Whatever.

@CBS11JasonAllen

Extradition hearing for Tonya Crouch scheduled for 8:30 am on Tuesday.

So this is interesting. I wonder if it's true? Her lawyer is saying she's broken no Texas laws.

If she left with him to go to Mexico, before a warrant was out for his arrest, has she committed a crime? He's an adult and not in her custody, in theory. Is she responsible for the fact that she's traveling with another adult who is violating his probation? I don't know. This case does get twisty.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/loca...an-tonya-couch-fighting-extradition/78070682/
This is concerning to me. Could she get off because they left before there was a warrant for his arrest? At the time she was only traveling with someone on probation. Don't get me wrong I have no doubt that she knew an arrest was coming and that is why they fled, but legally will she beat the system? It's going to get interesting.

OMG! I am sooo lame! Even though I follow cases on WS regularly, I had never paid any attention to this story! The last couple of days I have been seeing the "affluenza boy" headlines EVERYWHERE, so I came here to find out what it's all about! I am stunned! I had been thinking he was the "influenza" boy and had been wondering why in the world he was being called that! OK, I am a literate person, but I have been sick with something like the flu for almost a week now! I guess it's truly messing with my head.

:facepalm: Back to bed I go!!

"Affluenza" boy! Craziness!

OMG! I am sooo lame! Even though I follow cases on WS regularly, I had never paid any attention to this story! The last couple of days I have been seeing the "affluenza boy" headlines EVERYWHERE, so I came here to find out what it's all about! I am stunned! I had been thinking he was the "influenza" boy and had been wondering why in the world he was being called that! OK, I am a literate person, but I have been sick with something like the flu for almost a week now! I guess it's truly messing with my head.

:facepalm: Back to bed I go!!

"Affluenza" boy! Craziness!

Hope you feel better soon, Mother :getwell:

I'd be making an anonymous tip to LE simply because of Affluenza's bad hair dye job!
"Yes, officer I'd like to report a young man that's impersonating Hitler"!

Lol!

Affluenza teen held in tough Mexican immigration detention center with shared bedroom and bathrooms as he fight deportation to the U.S.

The 'affluenza' teen will be detained in one of the capital's poorest areas

He could be there for months as a judge hears the drink-driver's appeal

There are no special privileges that can be bought in most Mexican jails

The teenager will stay in common sleeping areas with other detainees

He will be forced to hand-wash his clothes in the concrete basins

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...immigration-holding-center.html#ixzz3vxglALiF

3)Bias in favor of white kid.

Her bias was for one single white kid, with “affluenza” who had very rich parents, with long criminal records, and at least one parent who has demonstrated that she is willing to break the law to keep her son out of jail. How many more puzzle pieces need to fall into place for you?

Affluenza teen held in tough Mexican immigration detention center with shared bedroom and bathrooms as he fight deportation to the U.S.

The 'affluenza' teen will be detained in one of the capital's poorest areas

He could be there for months as a judge hears the drink-driver's appeal

There are no special privileges that can be bought in most Mexican jails

The teenager will stay in common sleeping areas with other detainees

He will be forced to hand-wash his clothes in the concrete basins

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...immigration-holding-center.html#ixzz3vxglALiF

I'm sure it's been arranged with US LE that there's no compelling reason for Mexico to act on this quickly. It's a convenient time for the judge to go on his New Year's vacation, and then maybe the paperwork is not done on time, and then Twerp's attorneys get everything ready and there's one more piece of red tape, and then there'll be a disciplinary infraction, and then they'll have to address the gun issue.... A few months of work here, I would say....

I wonder if he gets sheets to cover the bed springs, though maybe he has a concrete shelf and no springs to speak of....

Follow the money trail....did the judge 'inherit' a large amount of money at the time of the trial? Has this ever been investigated? How soon after the trial didmth judge 'retire'?

She retired December 31, 2014, and of course it wasn’t investigated. When was the last time you heard of a judge being investigated for anything?

“The biggest problem is not just having a gun in your possession in Mexico, it’s having it transported from the United States,” Hernandez said. “It’s the transportation that is an offense both in the U.S. and Mexico, but in Mexico you’re looking at about a five-year sentence.”

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/2015/12/31/gun-found-couches-mexico-apartment/78154170/

Isn't that something? Mama's gone, but baby boy is still in Mexico. Five years in Mexican prison sounds like fun.

In thinking about the belief that this kid did not know right from wrong or what consequences were, I've decided this is hogwash fed to us as if we were imbeciles!

He went to school from age 5 or 6 until 16. In school, the poor teachers have to teach what parents fail to teach at home. Consequently, he knew right from wrong and had learned in school that you followed the rules or you were in trouble and there was a consequence to pay. Now, he also knew that his parents did not follow these rules.

So, this whole affluenza thing is bull crap! For him to get his drivers license, he had to follow the rules, for example. This judge who bought into this ridiculous term and explanation did not do such an insane thing, after 20 years on the bench, without money under the table or a promise of some sort. Guarantee it! The hush hush talk amongst the legal field in Tarrant County is probably boiling over.

This kid is a manipulator who knows his parents will buy his way out!

My opinions only!

Happy New Year to each of you!

I have enjoyed all the cases we have worked on together this year and look forward to what 2016 brings. Hope we can help bring closure to a few open cases. :)

He had also just stolen the car he was driving. I don't know the particulars of that case, except juvenile court isn't supposed to be cut and dried. It's supposed to allow juveniles with a chance at rehabilitating to do so.

And Ethan Couch stole his father’s truck. So whats the difference?

If a kid steals a car, drives drunk, and kills someone, he gets 20 years in prison. But if he stole the car from his parents, instead of a stranger, then he gets only 10 years of probation? Killing people = zero time. Stealing a car from parents = zero time. Stealing car from stranger = 20 years. Come on that's silliness. Thats not the way judges sentence people.

Still, I do understand the concerns raised in the two situations. It doesn't seem fair, I'll agree.

It’s not a question of fairness. It’s total BS. No way in hell did she give Couch probation for killing people, just because she liked him, or though he deserved it. There is something more to the story then that.

She retired December 31, 2014, and of course it wasn’t investigated. When was the last time you heard of a judge being investigated for anything?

Thanks for the info....Judges investigated? No way....i know but it sure would have been nice.

At the rate this country is going, and the state of our broken justice system, maybe not. Nothing in America makes sense any more.

In my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member