GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“The biggest problem is not just having a gun in your possession in Mexico, it’s having it transported from the United States,” Hernandez said. “It’s the transportation that is an offense both in the U.S. and Mexico, but in Mexico you’re looking at about a five-year sentence.”

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/2015/12/31/gun-found-couches-mexico-apartment/78154170/
Well since he is in Mexico I think the Mexican government should punish him under their laws. 5 years in a Mexican prison verses 4 months in US prison. It's a start.

"Affluenza teen Ethan Couch spent the night at a strip club while he was on the run in Mexico, but couldn't afford it so his mother had to big up the bar tab, hotel staff have claimed."

"The 18-year-old killer drink driver is said to have gone to a 'gentleman's club' alone one night while he was staying at the Los Tules resort in Putera Vallarta."

"The waiter then came back to the hotel with him and had to get his mother Tonya to pay them."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-stay-against-extradition.html#ixzz3vwBN7Bu1
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

At least Mommy didn't go to the strip club with him. :twocents:

I agree that it was a foolish sentence. I don't know her motivations for it. I don't even care. I am just happy he didn't kill anyone else... yet. However.... he should have been sentenced like any other and I don't have the answers to why he wasn't. 20 years. And that should have been the minimum for killing 4 people under the law. He should have been charged as an adult... like any other.

I am not getting my hopes up that he will get any real time. I just hope Texas keeps him. They want to baby him... Keep him!

He's gonna wish he never tried to appeal his deportation. Mexico's got this covered. Twerp could be stuck in that place indefinitely: weeks, months... "Mexico time". Lol. No reason for any LE official, American or Mexican, to hurry him out of there. Kid could sit and stew 'til next Christmas. April will come and go. 120 days in a US jail is gonna start looking very attractive....:floorlaugh:

The reports I have seen, say it usually tales about two weeks to two months. So add to that what ever additional time they can buy. Their goal seems to be for him to stay in Mexico until April 19. I doubt that he will stay in Mexico past that time. If he is still there I that time, I expect he will drop his appeal and be deported quickly. IMHO.

Are you saying the judge didn't even revoke his driver's license?

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...lies-in-Texas-affluenza-case-file-5075744.php
Just two months beyond his 16th birthday, Ethan Couch was restricted to driving only with a licensed driver age 21 or older, the suit states.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...ff-after-drunk-driving-deaths-is-missing.html
Couch’s probation terms prohibit drinking alcohol, taking other drugs or driving.

I am still baffled why he was not held accountable for the previous charges? He made no effort to take his classes or serve his community service. Oh, I blame his parents plenty, but just think... maybe IF the COURTS had held him responsible for his blatant lack of respect from the jump... we might not be talking about 4 lives lost?

I am still confused about THAT. Usually, in cases like this, the juvenile would be on probation (doesn't seem like he was) and have an ankle monitor (doesn't seem like he was). He would have been monitored closely (doesn't seem like he was) to make sure he was completing those conditions by the COURTS so that his juvenile record would be sealed (College) based on good behavior.

What happened??

I am still baffled why he was not held accountable for the previous charges? He made no effort to take his classes or serve his community service. Oh, I blame his parents plenty, but just think... maybe IF the COURTS had held him responsible for his blatant lack of respect from the jump... we might not be talking about 4 lives lost?

I am still confused about THAT. Usually, in cases like this, the juvenile would be on probation (doesn't seem like he was) and have an ankle monitor (doesn't seem like he was). He would have been monitored closely (doesn't seem like he was) to make sure he was completing those conditions by the COURTS so that his juvenile record would be sealed (College) based on good behavior.

What happened??

I presume the same thing happened-affluenza. Rich aren't treated the same way as the rest of us.

“The biggest problem is not just having a gun in your possession in Mexico, it’s having it transported from the United States,” Hernandez said. “It’s the transportation that is an offense both in the U.S. and Mexico, but in Mexico you’re looking at about a five-year sentence.”

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local/2015/12/31/gun-found-couches-mexico-apartment/78154170/

Hopefully this is what will finally trip him up. I like the sound of 5 years in Mexican prison!:great:

Follow the money trail....did the judge 'inherit' a large amount of money at the time of the trial? Has this ever been investigated? How soon after the trial didmth judge 'retire'?

I noticed that his father, Fred, donated some money, on the record, to the NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE CONTRIBUTIONS fund back in 1997. You can search the federal donor list here:
http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/norindsea.shtml

I haven't found an easy way to search for donations at the Texas state level.

I also noticed the judge is a Republican. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Hudson_Boyd

That's not an anti-Republican statement, and I am not alluding to anything untoward. I just know that political connections breed strong cronies.

I'd be curious about what "business" dealings Fred had with Republican affiliated folks, if any.

Otherwise.
I agree that it was a foolish sentence. I don't know her motivations for it. I don't even care. I am just happy he didn't kill anyone else... yet. However.... he should have been sentenced like any other and I don't have the answers to why he wasn't. 20 years. And that should have been the minimum for killing 4 people under the law. He should have been charged as an adult... like any other.

I am not getting my hopes up that he will get any real time. I just hope Texas keeps him. They want to baby him... Keep him!

I noticed that his father, Fred, donated some money, on the record, to the NATIONAL REPUBLICAN CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE CONTRIBUTIONS fund back in 1997. You can search the federal donor list here:
http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/norindsea.shtml

I haven't found an easy way to search for donations at the Texas state level.

I also noticed the judge is a Republican. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Hudson_Boyd

That's not an anti-Republican statement, and I am not alluding to anything untoward. I just know that political connections breed strong cronies.

I'd be curious about what "business" dealings Fred had with Republican affiliated folks, if any.

Texas has always been & still is the land of cronyism in politics. It doesn't matter which political party is in power. I've lived here all my 70+ years. It may be the same in all states, I don't know, but Texas politics is full of buddies who take care of each other.

Probably so, then.

Daddy Dearest has an open charge for False Identification as a Peace Officer and likely has bond travel restrictions himself. Hence, he would have to have permission from his criminal court District Judge to head south. Without permission, he would be off-bond and back to jail with a higher bond himself.

The smartest thing they could do for Ethan at this point is to convince him to have his attorneys in Mexico withdraw the writ asap and accept deportation.

I suspect Ethan is not the only member of this "profoundly dysfunctional" family who could benefit society and themselves by putting the bottles down.

The next time my (not a dr. but she has stayed in a Holiday Inn Express I think. )daughter calls us a dysfunctional family then we:slapfight: and:therethere:I will refer her to here and she can see what real dysfunction is thru the actions of Psycho Mommy.

#HAPPYNEWYEARSWSFRIENDS!!!!!2016 I made it!!!!!!

I'd be making an anonymous tip to LE simply because of Affluenza's bad hair dye job!
"Yes, officer I'd like to report a young man that's impersonating Hitler"!

Lol!

I think Radiohead said it best....

Karma police
Arrest this girl
Her Hitler hairdo
Is making me feel ill
And we have crashed her party
This is what you'll get
This is what you'll get
This is what you'll get
When you mess with us

Texas has always been & still is the land of cronyism in politics. It doesn't matter which political party is in power. I've lived here all my 70+ years. It may be the same in all states, I don't know, but Texas politics is full of buddies who take care of each other.

Waving at my neighbor in corruption!!!!! :seeya:

From your Louisiana neighbor. (Very corrupt, here, too!)

How they "appear" is maybe a better way to put it. And yes, in juvenile court, that's exactly how it's done. A swaggering cursing teen is likely to get a much harsher sentence than a quiet scared looking one.

That's the judge's job. Look at the kid and make a decision.

Who was the quiet scared looking teen?

in thinking about the belief that this kid did not know right from wrong or what consequences were, i've decided this is hogwash fed to us as if we were imbeciles!

He went to school from age 5 or 6 until 16. In school, the poor teachers have to teach what parents fail to teach at home. Consequently, he knew right from wrong and had learned in school that you followed the rules or you were in trouble and there was a consequence to pay. Now, he also knew that his parents did not follow these rules.

So, this whole affluenza thing is bull crap! For him to get his drivers license, he had to follow the rules, for example. This who bought into this ridiculous term and explanation did not do such an insane thing, after 20 years on the bench, without money under the table or a promise of some sort. Guarantee it! The hush hush talk amongst the legal field in tarrant county is probably boiling over.

This kid is a manipulator who knows his parents will buy his way out!

My opinions only!

absolutely! ^5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members