GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When my son was on juvenile probation for 6 months, we never heard once from his probation officer. Someone told me that because we (the parents) were responsible people who had a good relationship with our son and interviewed well understanding the seriousness of the minor offense, they concentrate their resources on juveniles from dysfunctional homes and more serious offenses.

I wonder if something similar is going on here and he didn't have to GO to probation monthly. Maybe the PO called up after the video of him partying was released and asked for an appointment.

How does 'buying the school' make it legal for him to drive?? Crazy people.

It doesn't but if they own the school they can fire everyone who dares to complain.

Texas usually doesn't screw up too badly when it comes to serious cases, but this is just been an unbelievable case from the get go. I try not to judge anyone based on where they come from, poor or rich, I think we are all the same. However, this family has had their minds twisted by their wealth and seriously think they are untouchable! It's disgusting. Think of how much good they could have done, the values of giving and helping and philanthropy they could have instilled into him. Instead they almost seem to have purposefully create the biggest, most spoiled brat they could. He needs to go to jail. And his parents need to as well for their part in aiding him. It's a slap in the face to his victims that this little man-boy gets to party it up and live such a comfy life instead of paying for his crime.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...officials-wonder-if-he-left-country/77453634/

''"We're working every angle we can work," said Tarrant County Sheriff Dee Anderson. "I've got a bunch of my fugitive guys working on it."

Anderson said if he had a top 10 most wanted list, Couch would be No. 1.

"He had a good amount of time to get a good head start," the sheriff said Wednesday. "And we all know what kind of resources this family has to get out of town. Get out of the country. Who knows?"''
''News 8 was told Couch was not wearing a GPS monitor. The house Couch shared with his mother near Eagle Mountain Lake appears to have been empty for some time. A neighbor said Couch and his mother Tonya leased it over the summer but that they haven't been there since. ''

Wow, I wonder when the last time he DID show up to probation was. I wonder if he was allowed to ' call in ' some of the meetings. I know they do that with some folks because of various reasons. He may have been gone a long time.

OMG This is so infuriating!!

Just about 10:50am CST there was a discussion & pictures about this situation on CNN news. There are people world-wide watching CNN. Hopefully someone, somewhere will see this spoiled brat & his mom & call authorities. Surely there are lots of people who would like to see justice done.

Just about 10:50am CST there was a discussion & pictures about this situation on CNN news. There are people world-wide watching CNN. Hopefully someone, somewhere will see this spoiled brat & his mom & call authorities. Surely there are lots of people who would like to see justice done.

Yes, it's all over now and not just Texas media reporting it. Hopefully someone spots him or mom and turns them in. Are mom and dad divorced? I wonder which family the money came from and if dad will want to pay mom's lawyer bills after this . Hide and watch, friends !

Yes, it's all over now and not just Texas media reporting it. Hopefully someone spots him or mom and turns them in. Are mom and dad divorced? I wonder which family the money came from and if dad will want to pay mom's lawyer bills after this . Hide and watch, friends !

If I recall, yes the parents are divorced. Their money came from a business that the dad owned.

They may already be south of the border, if that is the case their money could last a lifetime (until he does something down there and gets arrested).

Here is the 20/20 episode on the whole case, it is a good watch if you are not familiar with the story:

[video=youtube;VyTdfkslIeY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyTdfkslIeY[/video]

If I recall, yes the parents are divorced. Their money came from a business that the dad owned.

They may already be south of the border, if that is the case their money could last a lifetime (until he does something down there and gets arrested).

Here is the 20/20 episode on the whole case, it is a good watch if you are not familiar with the story:

Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing him go to a Mexican jail. Of course the parents likely have enough money to bribe Mexican LE.

Both parents should be arrested for aiding & abetting providing LE can find them.

Wow. This happened locally so I can recall all the news stories about the accident and then the trial. But it's a lot different to hear the eyewitnesses describing it.

i would love to see them pursue asset forfeiture if they can prove the mother/father are supporting his flight.

I think this case has been mis-represented by the media and the defense lawyers. It's not like these people are the Kennedys or something. Both parents have criminal records, they're both jerks, and it's not like they have a LOT of money. They have an attitude that they're above the law, and they have a little money, and a spoiled brat kid who was given access to a car and has never felt remorse for all those deaths, nor have his parents.

I have no doubt they are keeping track of their CC's banks statements etc.

They would be absolutely stupid not too.

jmo

I think this case has been mis-represented by the media and the defense lawyers. It's not like these people are the Kennedys or something. Both parents have criminal records, they're both jerks, and it's not like they have a LOT of money. They have an attitude that they're above the law, and they have a little money, and a spoiled brat kid who was given access to a car and has never felt remorse for all those deaths, nor have his parents.

I take it that you know them. I've always thought it would be interesting to talk with someone who actually knew them. They sound like a dangerous bunch of folks. I can't quite understand why they have not already picked up the dad & questioned him or subpoenaed him to testify under oath or else subpoenaed his bank & credit card records. Surely he or his company has to be the source of whatever money they have.

Mods if this is not ok, please delete.

December 16, 2015
Naheed Rajwani
Dallas Morning News
Posted with permission from Tribune Content Agency

DALLAS — He's 18 years old, but the wealthy Tarrant County teen who killed four people when he drove drunk in 2013 is still a juvenile as far as the legal system is concerned.

Ethan Couch, whose case made "affluenza" a household term, is back in the spotlight again, two years after a Fort Worth judge gave him 10 years' probation instead of sentencing him to jail.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/tex...ed-4-and-got-probation-may-have-fled-country/

Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing him go to a Mexican jail. Of course the parents likely have enough money to bribe Mexican LE.

Both parents should be arrested for aiding & abetting providing LE can find them.

ITA!

In some ways this case reminds me of Alex Kelly (I think that was his name) but anyway he raped a girl in his vehicle. To escape being prosecuted he went overseas to expensive resorts/ski lodges etc.in different countries having nothing but a fun filled life. His parents also aided and abetted him. They were wealthy. He was on the lam for 8 years before he was finally brought back to the states for trial. His parents didn't care that he had raped a young girl. He was their spoiled precious brat just like this kid is. I truly don't understand why those with money think they or their children are above the law.

I thought this Judge had to be a bleeding heart to fall for this defense. Who in the world has ever heard of a ruling like this? I sure haven't. What difference did it make if he was spoiled rotten by his parents. That certainly shouldn't be a reason for him to not get serious prison time and I don't think he ever has had one ounce of remorse. He is a full blown narcissist created by his parents.

I sure don't see Judges having sympathy for teens who comes from a poor family when they get in trouble even though many come from a dysfunctional family and have no support system or guidance. They do the crime.......then they do the time. I doubt this same Judge would have given this same ridiculous sentence to anyone who's family didn't have money. If another teen had horribly killed this many innocent people he/she would be doing prison time. I really think the Judge should be removed from the bench. That is using the justice system to give spoiled rich kids a break.

I have read this accident was so horrific it looked like the victims had been in an airplane accident with parts of the vehicle and parts of bodies laying everywhere.:(

So it looks like Mommy has taken on the Judge's role and is once again protecting her spoiled son. I don't know why the Judge thought he would be grateful he got a pass. These kind of kids aren't ever grateful for anything and will continue to do as they want to do and to hell with everyone else. Life to them is all about 'Me, Me, Me' and his parents makes sure he continues to think that way.

I read an article that the DA did ask a few months ago for the case to be transfer to the adult system which only makes sense since he is no longer a juvenile. Did this Judge deny that request if you know? tia

IMO

ITA!

In some ways this case reminds me of Alex Kelly (I think that was his name) but anyway he raped a girl in his vehicle. To escape being prosecuted he went overseas to expensive resorts/ski lodges etc.in different countries having nothing but a fun filled life. His parents also aided and abetted him. They were wealthy. He was on the lam for 8 years before he was finally brought back to the states for trial. His parents didn't care that he had raped a young girl. He was their spoiled precious brat just like this kid is. I truly don't understand why those with money think they or their children are above the law.

I thought this Judge had to be a bleeding heart to fall for this defense. Who in the world has ever heard of a ruling like this? I sure haven't. What difference did it make if he was spoiled rotten by his parents. That certainly shouldn't be a reason for him to not get serious prison time and I don't think he ever has had one ounce of remorse. He is a full blown narcissist created by his parents.

I sure don't see Judges having sympathy for teens who comes from a poor family when they get in trouble even though many come from a dysfunctional family and have no support system or guidance. They do the crime.......then they do the time. I doubt this same Judge would have given this same ridiculous sentence to anyone who's family didn't have money. If another teen had horribly killed this many innocent people he/she would be doing prison time. I really think the Judge should be removed from the bench. That is using the justice system to give spoiled rich kids a break.

I have read this accident was so horrific it looked like the victims had been in an airplane accident with parts of the vehicle and parts of bodies laying everywhere.:(

So it looks like Mommy has taken on the Judge's role and is once again protecting her spoiled son. I don't know why the Judge thought he would be grateful he got a pass. These kind of kids aren't ever grateful for anything and will continue to do as they want to do and to hell with everyone else. Life to them is all about 'Me, Me, Me' and his parents makes sure he continues to think that way.

I read an article that the DA did ask a few months ago for the case to be transfer to the adult system which only makes sense since he is no longer a juvenile. Did this Judge deny that request if you know? tia

IMO

The judge who gave probation has already retired. The new judge has not yet ruled on whether Crouch will be transferred to the adult system. If, as everyone suspects, this kid has broken the rules of probation he can still be sentenced to up to 10 years in prison for probation violation alone . Good links to follow for the most current information are www.dallas.new.com , www.wfaa.com, or www.nbcdfw.com

I'm watching this airing on Nancy Grace right now.
They said the dad is worth millions and makes around 15 million dollars per year.

An arrest warrant has been issued for the Texas teen who avoided jail time in the drunken-driving deaths of four people two years ago because he has failed to check in with his probation officer, according to Tarrant County Juvenile Services and the teenager's lawyers.

And there is this: "Couch is already under investigation after a video posted on social media appears to show him next to a drinking game, possibly in violation of this probation, Jordan told ABC News earlier this month. The six-second video, posted on Twitter Dec. 2, purportedly shows Couch clapping and laughing after another man jumps on a beer pong table in a room. That investigation is still ongoing." http://abcnews.go.com/US/arrest-warrant-issued-missing-affluenza-teen-ethan-couch/story?id=35784710

I saw this on the news and thought.....I can't wait to get on Websleuths!!!! Y'all do not disappoint!!

As usual I'm late getting here.
[video=cnn;us/2015/12/17/texas-affluenza-drunken-driving-teen-missing-pkg.ktvt]http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/17/us/texas-affluenza-drunken-driving-teen-missing/index.html[/video]
Hope they're caught...And soon!

This little piece of cr@p not only killed 4 innocent people but IIRC he managed to paralyze another victim as well.

What a piece of trash....I hope the marshals toss his spoiled a$$ in prison ASAP.

ETA:

Here's the D M article that reports that one of his friends ended up paralyzed and now can only smile and blink after this horrific wreck.

Family of teen paralyzed by 'affluenza' teen Ethan Couch in drunk driving paid $2 million settlement from his parents

The family of Ethan Couch, 17, - the Texas teen who killed four people in a DUI crash last year to pay $2 million settlement

Award goes to Sergio Molina, 16, who was left paralyzed in the Fort Worth crash last year that left another 12 injured

The liability insurer of Ethan Couch's parents agreed to pay more than $1 million in cash and the rest in annuities to a trust established for Sergio Molina

Molina, who was riding in the back of Couch's pickup when it flipped, can now only smile and blink, according to his parents.

His older brother, Alexander Lemus, said his family was disappointed

Couch's case drew national attention because his defense argued his wealthy parents had coddled him

A condition that the defense expert called 'affluenza.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...million-settlement-parents.html#ixzz3udRsHAmg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper