GUILTY TX - Ethan Couch 'Affluenza Teen' DUI driver who killed four gets probation, 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The media point is that he is high profile because of media exposure. Whether you think the media yelled or the Couch's yelled and the media reported, the point is that he has had a huge amount of media exposure which is something which jails consider in regards to ANY person. That's just how jails work.

IT is no ones fault he is slight build, that is genetics, and others in prision are like that, others are in prison for the first time just like EC, maybe for drugs, theft, murder, etc., but they get no special privileges.

Protective Custody/solitary is not a 'special privilege'. It is a safety consideration from the jail. And it has not been invented for EC. He is not the first person that a jail has done this with. He is not the only person that a jail has done this with.
I didn't actually mention his build - IMO the media exposure is probably their number 1 consideration.

With that, EC has a light blonde/redish hair...naturally. It has been dyed in jail, that is so obvious...and I think that is allowed to make him look older and blend in a bit more when around any other inmates....so EC gets another break. BReak after break after break.

That is immensely unlikely, jails just don't do things like that. If he is dying his hair then it's either available to everyone or he's figured out a way to do it from commissary items (which are available to everyone).

I am having a hard time reposting, Post 156 by asac, so I can just give my response.

Media exposure is high because Couch family made it so bt their actions of paying off or buying people and the fact that EC killed and injured people and thought money would buy him out if it. IF EC and family did not brag and or buy their way out of issues, public and media would not have paid much attention....and then the Judge and her ruling did not sit well with victims, families and public. I do not see how you can fault the media.

I know protective custody or solitary was not "made" for EC....there usually is a section in jail or prison for this area, so it was not made just for him. I did not say you mentioned his build, others have and I have because he is small framed, genetics, nothing wrong with that, but IMO, this is a factor and LE is being extra careful.

As far as the hair color, anything is possible. EC can be dying his own hair or it was requested he keep the darker color to give him a more mature look so not to be a stand out target....anything is possible. I even asked people in LE theirwords were very close to the same response, some went into more detail, others not so much. THey said to me,
"There are rules, but rules can be changed if needed for various reasons."

You seem to be very touchy on the topic of EC.

Media exposure is high because Couch family made it so bt their actions of paying off or buying people and the fact that EC killed and injured people and thought money would buy him out if it. IF EC and family did not brag and or buy their way out of issues, public and media would not have paid much attention....and then the Judge and her ruling did not sit well with victims, families and public. I do not see how you can fault the media.

I'm NOT faulting the media.

Josie, do you dispute that there has been a large amount of media coverage of EC? Do you dispute that there have been a lot of headline articles about EC? (without commenting on anything to do with hows/whys)

If your answer is 'no' then I honestly don't know what we're going to argue about. Jails don't critically analyse the news. They're only interested in whether it exists or not.

As far as the hair color, anything is possible. EC can be dying his own hair or it was requested he keep the darker color to give him a more mature look so not to be a stand out target....anything is possible. I even asked people in LE theirwords were very close to the same response, some went into more detail, others not so much. THey said to me,
"There are rules, but rules can be changed if needed for various reasons."

I'm going to wait for a statement.

You seem to be very touchy on the topic of EC.

That seems an unnecessary comment.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/140047702-story

''A Tarrant County judge upheld the nearly two year prison sentence for Ethan Couch on Wednesday.

Judge Wayne Salvant signed an order Wednesday reaffirming the probation terms he imposed on Ethan Couch in April.'''

With EC sentence finalized for now, the parents trials/hearing/sentencing should go forward. Again, little or no warning on this hearing....in one way I wanted to know ahead of time as being a member of the public we should know, but then I bet the Judge does not want to give the family any more media attention.....they are not 'special'.

After being ordered last week to remain in jail for nearly two more years, Ethan Couch was transferred Tuesday out of Tarrant County’s maximum security facility to a “less restrictive” location, according to Sheriff Dee Anderson.

In no sense is his current classification considered “general population,” according to Terry Grisham, the sheriff’s spokesman. “He went from a ten to a nine.”
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/17/ethan-couch-moved-to-less-restrictive-jail/

More From your link:
[...]

If Couch were to violate probation, now that he is in the adult system, he could face up to 10 years in prison each of the four people he killed. Couch declined interviews the day he came into the Sheriff’s custody, which means “for all and forever,” according to Grisham.
[...]
:waiting:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There seems to be a perverse pleasure and "gloating" on the part of the department of corrections, unbecoming the agency. After watching a documentary about the German penal system, and how they are generally respectful and less restrictive (by far, actually) than our penal system, and how MUCH more successful they are at keeping offenders from coming back, I'm strongly doubting our system of punitive separation of inmates, and this notion that haha you declined interviews when you first arrived, that's two years for you with no interviews, buddy. I think as a system of rehabilitation, we could do much, much better than creating these cages.

Doh!

From your link ^^
''News 8 has learned that a Tarrant County grand jury has indicted Tonya Couch on two charges.

The first is hindering apprehension for helping Ethan Couch flee to Mexico while on probation for killing four people in a drunk driving crash in 2013. The grand jury also indicted Tonya Couch for money laundering for allegedly using $30,000 to finance the trip to Mexico.''

Thanks everyone. I wondered why this became so quiet...now I know, a GJ!

Is a GJ also possible for the dad impersonating an officer?

Now to wait for the next step.

I am glad as well. But, I will say that it is so sad that these people had so much opportunity, so much financial stability possibilities and they have squandered them away. That should be a crime as well.

Doh!

From your link ^^
''News 8 has learned that a Tarrant County grand jury has indicted Tonya Couch on two charges.

The first is hindering apprehension for helping Ethan Couch flee to Mexico while on probation for killing four people in a drunk driving crash in 2013. The grand jury also indicted Tonya Couch for money laundering for allegedly using $30,000 to finance the trip to Mexico.''

Does anyone understand the money laundering charge? She took $30,000 out of her own bank account to pay for the trip to Mexico. If that is money laundering, a lot of people must be guilty of money laundering, myself included. Since I have taken money out of my bank account to go on foreign trips before. I didn’t know I was breaking any laws.

Does anyone understand the money laundering charge? She took $30,000 out of her own bank account to pay for the trip to Mexico. If that is money laundering, a lot of people must be guilty of money laundering, myself included. Since I have taken money out of my bank account to go on foreign trips before. I didn’t know I was breaking any laws.

I don't really understand it either. Wikipedia gives a pretty broad definition of it, though:

Money laundering is the process of transforming the proceeds of crime, corruption or kleptomania into ostensibly legitimate money or other assets.[1] However, in a number of legal and regulatory systems, the term money laundering has become conflated with other forms of financial crime, and sometimes used more generally to include misuse of the financial system (involving things such as securities, digital currencies, credit cards, and traditional currency), including terrorism financing and evasion of international sanctions. Most anti-money laundering laws openly conflate money laundering (which is concerned with source of funds) with terrorism financing (which is concerned with destination of funds) when regulating the financial system.[2]
Some countries define money laundering as obfuscating sources of money, either intentionally or by merely using financial systems or services that do not identify or track sources or destinations.[citation needed] Other countries define money laundering to include money from activity that would have been a crime in that country, even if it was legal where the actual conduct occurred.

Where was the money before it was in her account?

Perhaps she was hiding money in Mexico to fuel their further escape adventures?

believe there's a $ 10.000 limit. Above that amount you have to declare it.

Where was the money before it was in her account?

If she got the money from some illegal activities, then yes it would probably meet the definition of money laundering. But I haven’t heard any evidence of that yet.

believe there's a $ 10.000 limit. Above that amount you have to declare it.

Thanks. Yes, that seems to be the law they are using. But I still don’t really understand how it applies to money laundering.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back