TX - Fertilizer plant explodes in West, Texas

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We donated to red cross last night and have offered to pasture displaced horses, also have bags of clothing to donate today...I just wish there was more we could do.

1 incident last night where they may have confirmed a looting. No arrest. Not rampant. Isolated incident. ((that's good, my comment))

No one allowed into area unless you are on a search and rescue team.

((had to laugh at the cows and I'm from here.....they want to know what is going on))

My heart goes out to those who are in the area of this horrible tragedy. I'm the wife of a firefighter and have been reminded twice this week how dangerous his job can be. :(

And I'd like to take a minute to thank all of you wonderful people on this site. i made the mistake of trying to read the comments on CNN's site and people are just vicious. I'm so thankful for this safe-haven here. You may not all agree but at least most of the time it is a respectful discussion (and if it gets testy the mods are top notch and on the ball ;) ). :gthanks: Now I'm back on topic.

Howdy!

Nice to meet another FF wife!!!!!

Here's a TxDot link, PIM

Safe travels to your son or daughter

http://www.txdot.gov/

Thanks so much for that (and the link!), DEPUTYDAWG. I've been fretting since last night; she's like, "oh, mom, I'm only on I-35 for two minutes"--but she'll be on it right at the West/Waco area when she's on it, so that's what has me concerned.

The kolaches! Yes! That's what I was trying to think of. I stopped at an ice house that sold kolaches.

never even heard of a kolache til i moved to Katy, tx 10 years ago.....love them

I know what I'm doing today. :)

Hospitals have urgent need for blood

High demand expected for two weeks

Updated: Thursday, 18 Apr 2013, 7:46 AM CDT
Published : Thursday, 18 Apr 2013, 7:46 AM CDT

WACO, Texas (AP) — A blood center that serves Central Texas hospitals says donors are greatly needed due to the massive plant explosion that has injured more than 160 people.

Carter BloodCare said in a statement Thursday that it is sending blood to hospitals treating patients from the explosion in West, near Waco. It says blood "will be in great demand over the next two weeks" as officials work to replenish supplies used after Wednesday's incident

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/hospitals-have-urgent-need-for-blood

never even heard of a kolache til i moved to Katy, tx 10 years ago.....love them

Same here!!! I am from California...moved to Wharton (west of Houston) and then Austin. Never heard of them either - must be a Texas thing! LOL!!

I drove through Waco often, but never got to the famous West one. Now I am no longer in Texas and am sad about that.

Same here!!! I am from California...moved to Wharton (west of Houston) and then Austin. Never heard of them either - must be a Texas thing! LOL!!

I drove through Waco often, but never got to the famous West one. Now I am no longer in Texas and am sad about that.

LOL, another California native here that transplanted here...and never heard of kolaches until moving here! :rocker:

Thanks so much for that (and the link!), DEPUTYDAWG. I've been fretting since last night; she's like, "oh, mom, I'm only on I-35 for two minutes"--but she'll be on it right at the West/Waco area when she's on it, so that's what has me concerned.

Well, I hate I-35 in the Waco/West area on a good day!
And it is really pouring down rain right now, so roads will be slippery, as well.

Sgt Swanton doing an update (cows participating, still!)

Still on search and rescue status

I'm pretty sure they are at the "auction barn" or as we say here" sale barn". Ours has a full kitchen and snack bar, bathrooms, and there's always plenty of hot coffee, a few things I'm sure they appreciate right about now.

The press conference being aired right now, states that "food, shelter & clothing are NOT needed. That the folks are being well taken care of, please do NOT overwhelm the community. They do however need blood donations." Texas DPS Troopers Hernandez & Reyes will be contact personnel & will give an update in a couple of hours

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Love-Texas/189964061072976?hc_location=stream

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps
Back