TX - Fertilizer plant explodes in West, Texas

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
#westtx waco and texas still trending in the U.S. on Twitter. This will give you a page with the top tweets for all 3, eliminating duplicate tweets

https://twitter.com/search?q=#WestTx OR waco OR texas&src=typd

When a message saying e.g. "4 New Tweets" appears at the top of the list, just click that message, and the new tweets will appear.

Delete "OR texas" from your search box to get a more refined listing.

Still looking, hoping to find the missing firefighters injured somewhere.
Top priority is making sure they have all the injured people.

Eric King ‏@EricKingNBC5 3m

Louise Mills- firefighter brother was having dinner, got fire call, told wife "i'll be right back". no contact since @NBCDFW

This truly brought tears to my eyes! I have never felt as strongly about anyplace I have lived more than Texas. I hated to leave (though being able to live with my 82 year old Dad after my Mom passed away is the reason I did and won't ever regret it for that reason).

I would go back in a heartbeat...and may do so once Dad's time here is done. But until then, I will live where he is happy and be happy too!!!

But Texas is where my heart is...and probably always will be, even though I only lived there for 8 years!

God Bless y'all!

ETA - shoot...they deleted the photo or moved it. It was beautiful!

I'm pretty sure they are at the "auction barn" or as we say here" sale barn". Ours has a full kitchen and snack bar, bathrooms, and there's always plenty of hot coffee, a few things I'm sure they appreciate right about now.

Yes, they are. Love this area. It's just so "real."

Are you in our area?

Central TX Blood ‏@CentralTXBlood 3h We are needing #OPositive & #ONegative #Blood to help the people of #WestTX Also we have a great need for #PlateletDonors

Local video:

[video=youtube;ja9LF9k2Rjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja9LF9k2Rjw[/video]

never even heard of a kolache til i moved to Katy, tx 10 years ago.....love them

Same here!!! I am from California...moved to Wharton (west of Houston) and then Austin. Never heard of them either - must be a Texas thing! LOL!!

I drove through Waco often, but never got to the famous West one. Now I am no longer in Texas and am sad about that.

LOL, another California native here that transplanted here...and never heard of kolaches until moving here! :rocker:

:) Definitley a Czech thing. I'm originally from Chicago area. My grandma (Czech) always made kolaches for us when we were kids. Hers were the best. I always knew them to be the pastry with the fruit in the middle.

Now that I am in Texas, kolaches seem to mean different things to different people. In my area, local donut shops advertise having them. Only to find out that they were dough with a sausage. :) Like a pig in a blanket.

Part 2

[video=youtube;skOJNFSVjRk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skOJNFSVjRk&[/video]

When I moved to San Antone I thought, "I'm going to eat so much Mexican food they'll have to roll me out the door." (This happened.)

But also, I found, S.A. and environs has, to name but three, plenty of people with Czech, German, and Polish ancestry. So I had to eat all that food too.

Conclusion: yum!

Homes flattened or burned even a quarter of a mile away...check out the neighbor's melted vinyl siding. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWFXF3l9Gao&feature=youtu.be

Two people admitted to the hospital with serious shrapnel wounds. They were 2 miles from the site of the explosion.

WacoTrib.com ‏@wacotrib 3h

Trib reporter @LowellMBrown sees devastation a half-mile from #westexploison site, windows & garage doors blown in.

Praying for the people hurting. It must be really bad if they are asking for blood more than food. We are about 5 hours away from this area (outskirts of Houston) and I feel so bad not being able to drop everything and go help. This is just heartbreaking.

I don't understand why a nursing home, apartment building and school was built so close with the danger of an explosion of this fertilizer plant...... That is just hard to understand. Can't build a bar or strip club close to a church or school, but they build schools and apartments near a fertilizer plant which houses gas used to make the same bomb in the OKC bombing. Yep makes absolutely no sense to me. Thankfully school wasn't in session. Hopefully sinceit was wednesday night there were no basketball, softball, or baseball games going on......

I had heard there was a nursing home close by. Has there been any information about it or the residents? Thank you!

The thing that struck me in these 2 videos is that these people not be "locals".

Because they don't even wonder about the plant? I mean, if you know there is a fertilizer plant in town, why would you think ANYTHING else first????

Wouldn't that be your assumption?? So they must not know the plant is there. Will go finish watching this second one now...but that really struck me as odd!

AWESOME closeup footage of the apartment and neighborhood around the site--best I've seen so far; they should send it in to a news site. Unbelievable debris field.

So odd that the woman in the video (who seemed to be a local) kept thinking it 'must be a plane,' because the devastation looked like a bomb had hit, and 'only a plane could do that much damage.' I guess we just don't think of fertilizer plants as being so potentially bomb-like (or maybe she didn't know the plant was there?)

Hope her friend Andrea has been found okay...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps
Back