TX - Fertilizer plant explodes in West, Texas

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The gas has been cut off to the town. His understanding is that the lines will be checked and re-checked before gas is cut back on. (I'm assuming he means natural gas as opposed to car gas?)

Natural gas. Too many houses and buildings torn apart, open gas lines would create another huge explosion.

Doubt any gas stations are allowed (or able) to be open also, in the area of the explosion.

The plant has been there since 1962. There was some complaint or compliance issue...and I didn't catch the rest.

All I heard was that in 2006 they were cited for not having a proper permit.

I put all that information back there on page 17 about the complaint and violation.

So there is a video here of the response to this. Under the video in the center of the page.
There is a link: RAW VIDEO: First responders react after explosion in West.

Wow. Civilians directing traffic. One ambulance has to stop to let another through. Crazy.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/...orted-At-West-Fertilizer-Plant-203505331.html

There is also aerials from after it got light on there.

Any word about the missing firemen?

I've been babysitting for DGS so all I have gotten to see so far is cartoons. I did get a peek early and saw that they found the policeman dual fireman and he is in the hospital with injuries.

My fear today is that some of the missing won't be found. Esp the firemen. That fire burned so hot and so long I am afraid there will be nothing left. Esp the firemen, as they were probably closest to the fire.

No word, just that there are about 5 missing firemen.
2 EMS confirmed dead.
1 police officer/firefighter who was found in the hospital.

Search & rescue continue to comb structures and debris believing that there may be remaining survivors. Safety and God speed in their efforts.

If humans were at the point of the explosive blast, it may very well be true that they will never be found. So sad; but I want to keep prayers and hope alive until every nook and cranny is searched & completed.

I am hoping... that the firefighters had moved back.
They knew enough to start evacuating people.
Hopefully they also decided to back up.

Unfortunately, they were probably trying to keep it cool...
To give others a chance to escape.

I am hoping... that the firefighters had moved back.
They knew enough to start evacuating people.
Hopefully they also decided to back up.

But weren't they trying to put the fire out for quite a while BEFORE the explosion? If they realized that it was going to explode it seems they would have evacuated a while before it happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562
Back