TX - Five Yates children drowned, Houston, 20 June 2001 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
jilly said:
Andrea needs a damn good divorce attorney imo. Think of what Rusty has stashed away over these years - an engineer at NASA, first living in a bus and then a measley 1,600 sq ft house with five kids & 2 adults. Andrea wearing next to rags, kids probably never saw new clothing (I know hand me downs are fine, but the baby girl and oldest child probably never saw a new outfit either.)

To heck with this 60-40 stuff and he should pay her alimony for the rest of her life. I wonder how that works when one party is incarcerated. If he is such a man of God as it seems he would want everyone to believe, he should be reminded in a monetary way with respect to "for better or worse". Maybe that would open his freaking eyes!!

Oh yes, I am out for vengeance here.

I don't think he makes nearly what you think he does.

Katz..noticed the word "shallow" in your post...funny I think that of Rusty every time I see him on TV....I think with him ..what you see is what you get..nothing deeper there to discover.........

smellsarat said:
Katz..noticed the word "shallow" in your post...funny I think that of Rusty every time I see him on TV....I think with him ..what you see is what you get..nothing deeper there to discover.........
Hey SAR ~ and he wants to marry again so that he can have more children. It just ticks me off more and more, SAR... He is shallow... I really think you're reading him right ~ I'm not getting it from seeing him... but from what he wrote on that website... from his recent announcement about wanting to divorce her so he can have a "family" again... He didn't honor the family he had the first time around... he won't be any better this time around, either ~ not with him blaming the preacher and saying it was his wife who was all into it... no ~ she had to have gotten it from Rusty believing in what that preacher was saying... so much so that his family wasn't well cared for by him... shallow...

I really hope that there isn't a woman who'll fall for his nonsense this time around...

KatzHome said:
I really hope that there isn't a woman who'll fall for his nonsense this time around...
You and I both know there will be far too many ready and willing!!!:razz:

smellsarat said:
You and I both know there will be far too many ready and willing!!!:razz:
Yeah.. he'll be considered a "good catch" by all too many ~ and that's sad ~ really sad ~ especially if the next family is subjected to the same conditions as his first family.

I bought an "interview suit" yesterday, SAR ~ By all reason and logic ~ it's totally "WRONG" ~ but I like it... :D It's red... :D Bright blouse too... Couldn't miss me in the dark... :D

jilly said:
Andrea needs a damn good divorce attorney imo. Think of what Rusty has stashed away over these years - an engineer at NASA, first living in a bus and then a measley 1,600 sq ft house with five kids & 2 adults. Andrea wearing next to rags, kids probably never saw new clothing (I know hand me downs are fine, but the baby girl and oldest child probably never saw a new outfit either.)

To heck with this 60-40 stuff and he should pay her alimony for the rest of her life. I wonder how that works when one party is incarcerated. If he is such a man of God as it seems he would want everyone to believe, he should be reminded in a monetary way with respect to "for better or worse". Maybe that would open his freaking eyes!!

Oh yes, I am out for vengeance here.

There is no alimony here in Texas.

There is temporary spousal support usually given to woman who is or has not been working. It doesn't last for long as the judge will tell the woman to get a job. My sister just went through a nasty divorce. She was getting 3,000/mo.. The judge gave her 6 months to find a job.

kato said:
There is no alimony here in Texas.

There is temporary spousal support usually given to woman who is or has not been working. It doesn't last for long as the judge will tell the woman to get a job. My sister just went through a nasty divorce. She was getting 3,000/mo.. The judge gave her 6 months to find a job.

No alimony?? Oh, my goodness!! Under no circumstances? Unbelievable.
So was the 3,000/mo for the children?

Jeana, I think Rusty did make a very good salary. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 to 100k. Mr. Texana is in a closely related field.

He made enough to afford much more for his family than he gave them. And he could have hired a housekeeper for at least once a week, for about $50 a week.

Kato's right, no alimony in Texas. The child support can be quite high, though, it's set at (I believe) a mandatory 20% regardless of how much the custodial parent makes.

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't think he makes nearly what you think he does.

I'd say 60-100k is pretty average (and many make more). My son and husband are both engineers, and we own our own business. It's not unusual for us to pay an experienced engineer 100K or more. We hire them out of college and start them at 60k with benefits.

My son has friends who took jobs (right out of college), in Boston, and northern California, and were paid 90k and 135k to start out. I'll bet Rusty made a very good living. I do not know how she took care of the house, the kids, and deal with him considering her mental state.

Rusty could have afforded to get her the best medical help out there (instead of the kick in the rear that he believed was all that was needed). I'm sure NASA has great benefits. Rusty strikes me as the one who called all the shots in the house. Now he seems to be softening toward mental illness. What a jerk.

From CNN.com:

BREAKING NEWS Andrea Yates, the Houston woman convicted of drowning her five children in a bathtub, to get new trial, her attorney tells CNN.

I was very involved in this case. I was/am heartbroken over the death of these 5 children. No mother in her right mind would do this. I'm glad she's getting a new trial, hopefully she can get the help she needs.

The issue of postpartum depression/psychosis needs to be brought to the forefront as a real medical issue. (Poo Poo on Tom Cruise! :razz: )

NO WAY!:eek:

omg...has she no remorse? Why can't she just take the punishment that was doled out to her?

Andrea's conviction was actually overturned in January. At the time, her attorney said he wouldn't seek her release from the prison psychiatric hospital because he was concerned about her mental state at the time. Since that time her husband divorced her, making her mental state even more fragile. I don't believe that they will put her through a new trial, but they may, at some point, try to move her from the prison hospital to a hospital outside of the prison.

Jeana (DP) said:
Ummmmm, because she's mentally ill?
Ok...many people disagree about her case. I think she belongs in prison.

Editted to add: or mental health facility for the rest of her days.

IMO- don't shoot the messenger.

Idaho Mom - During the first trial of Andrea Yates, I felt the same as you...that she deserved prison for what she did. She committed the most reprehensible crime.

After my anger subsided, and I thought it over and read various things about Andrea and her past, I changed my mind.

I don't want her ever to live in a free society again, but I think if anyone fits into the "insanity defense", it is Andrea Yates. If she isn't insane, I don't know who is.

IMO

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't believe that they will put her through a new trial, but they may, at some point, try to move her from the prison hospital to a hospital outside of the prison.

I think they will put her through a new trial for the reason above. So that they can move her elsewhere.

IMO - I don't believe she should be in prison. She is sick and in need of help. She will not receive the type of help she needs being in prison. My heart breaks for her and her kids and what they all went through and continue to go through.

The one I do believe should be sitting in jail is her azz of a husband, Rusty. :furious:

Only4Justice said:
Idaho Mom - During the first trial of Andrea Yates, I felt the same as you...that she deserved prison for what she did. She committed the most reprehensible crime.

After my anger subsided, and I thought it over and read various things about Andrea and her past, I changed my mind.

I don't want her ever to live in a free society again, but I think if anyone fits into the "insanity defense", it is Andrea Yates. If she isn't insane, I don't know who is.

IMO
Thanks for your polite response. This is a loaded issue.

I just watched a show about her case the other night. Every time I see her darling children, it breaks my heart.
I realize she was very sick, but she has no place in our society- sorry, but her crime cancels her right to that.
It was especially heartbreaking to hear that her kids were afraid of her. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member