Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
cinsbythesea said:
IMO, Susan Smith is a lot like SP--she lied for days on end about what she had done...SP was more savvy about lying than her, but Susan Smith set up a whole crime scenario about what had happened, SP didn't even do that, he just came home to (ahem) find his wife missing. Susan Smith set about killing her boys as deliberately as SP set about killing Laci. As far as Susan being "warped from a young age" there's now an awful lot that's coming about from books being written that SP too may have been "warped from a young age" due to Jackie and Lee. The only difference I see between Susan and Scott is that she actually admitted to what she had done--he hasn't and probably never will, but they both set about to carry these murderous acts out in the hopes that they would not get caught. IMO.

I know SP was warped also but susan was on medications throughout her young life to adult life and it was evident to teachers and family that something was wrong, she always talked about killing herself to stop the pain which it was in her mind she thought she was doing for her children....I guess this is my opinion as well and since we wont ever be able to get into their heads i guess we can only go on our opinion and what the psychiatirist say...:D and thats what was testified in her trial.....but i know sp was and is crazy, but he reminds me of just the flat out evil, like he showed no remorse at all...

michelle said:
I would think that since he is obviously smart that he would have helped andrea and realized something was seriously wrong....Some people have book knowledge but no common sense.....
If he was really smart he wouldn't be so wrapped up in a crackpot religion. Makes me wonder if he's not just a jumped-up key punch operator.

Smart or not, I don't think he cared. He had what he wanted - a wife and family doing what he said. The wife was going nuts, but making her sane was too much work, would require him to inconvenience himself, so he just ignored her, kept doing what he wanted, with a preacher to tell him it was right, would get him into heaven.

Details said:
Smart or not, I don't think he cared. He had what he wanted - a wife and family doing what he said. The wife was going nuts, but making her sane was too much work, would require him to inconvenience himself, so he just ignored her, kept doing what he wanted, with a preacher to tell him it was right, would get him into heaven.

I don't think Rusty really fully understood how sick she was. He was gone a majority of the day. I'm sure the evenings were hectic once he got home. I'm sure the kids wanted time with him, etc. If he spent a few hours a night with Andrea - that was probably a lot. The thing that gets me is the not showering. You can bet you life if my hubby didn't shower for more than a day or two I'd be saying "get your nasty butt in the shower." :eek: :innocent: I can't imagine him not doing something about her bathing. Heck, I would have stripped her and gotten in the shower with her if I was him. There is just no excuse for going that long without bathing. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

For that alone he should have had neglect charges filed against him.

Jules, honey. He knew. I read his interviews. The knew exactly how sick she was and wasn't surprised when she murdered the kids. :o

Jeana (DP) said:
he knew exactly how sick she was and wasn't surprised when she murdered the kids. :o
maybe thats why in every interview i have seen him in he isnt crying or sobbing, i dont understand that...

Jeana (DP) said:
Jules, honey. He knew. I read his interviews. The knew exactly how sick she was and wasn't surprised when she murdered the kids. :o

Poorly worded - sorry. I know he knew and wasn't surprised. I guess what I was trying to say was that I think by him not being home most of the day, it was his way out. Does that make sense? Been a long day....

In other words, he chose not to deal with it because he wasn't there to deal with it.

Jeana (DP) said:

And for that by itself, he's culpable in the deaths of those poor children.

Jules said:
Poorly worded - sorry. I know he knew and wasn't surprised. I guess what I was trying to say was that I think by him not being home most of the day, it was his way out. Does that make sense? Been a long day....

In other words, he chose not to deal with it because he wasn't there to deal with it.

That makes perfect sense. :( :( :(

Jeana (DP) said:
That makes perfect sense. :( :( :(

Kinda like at the end of a long day, who wants to come home and have to deal with an out-of-it wife? Easier to ignore and hope for the best, I guess. :slap: :(

Jeana, I agree. He knew and this doesn't have anything to do with book smarts. He was lazy and needed a slave. An insane slave would be just fine as long as she was espousing his wishes. I am sorry for being harsh about him but I just saw Catherine Crier's show with this case being featured. Parnham was on and will see Andrea tomorrow.

I never forget about the children.....ever. But what I see is avoidance all the way around by the other family members. This wasn't a hidden sneaky endeavor as far as the obvious decline in Andrea's mental health. It was a fact and family members had a responsibility to see that she got help.

I guess Rusty and his family won't be inviting me over for dinner anytime soon.

Jules said:
Kinda like at the end of a long day, who wants to come home and have to deal with an out-of-it wife? Easier to ignore and hope for the best, I guess. :slap: :(

Now he doesn't have to deal with anyone when he comes home. Only the ghosts of his own making.

Jeana (DP) said:
You are right.. he knew she did something to the kids when she called him to tell him to come home right after she killed them

Jeana (DP) said:
Now he doesn't have to deal with anyone when he comes home. Only the ghosts of his own making.

Very true and I hope it haunts him for the rest of his life. :mad:

michelle said:
maybe thats why in every interview i have seen him in he isnt crying or sobbing, i dont understand that...
I'm not defending Rusty for a minute (I believe he deserves punishment, too), but in the show I saw the other day about this case, the police and someone else said that footage of Rusty hysterical on the front lawn hasn't been shown- that he was pounding his fists into the ground, sobbing. Rusty said that he bawls alot behind closed doors.

Rusty will forever have to think if only... if only I had stayed home that day until my mother got there, if only, I had made sure there were no more babies.. If only

Now he has divorced Andrea.. abandoned her.... IF ONLY

I read that Rusty still visits her once a month. That's the least he can do.

Jeana (DP) said:
He won't if he marries again. Can you see his new wife allowing that????

LOL No...can't say I do.

IdahoMom said:
I'm not defending Rusty for a minute (I believe he deserves punishment, too), but in the show I saw the other day about this case, the police and someone else said that footage of Rusty hysterical on the front lawn hasn't been shown- that he was pounding his fists into the ground, sobbing. Rusty said that he bawls alot behind closed doors.

I have seen him break down in interviews, etc. But I have to wonder WHY he is breaking down. Is it because his kids are gone, his wife is gone, or is it because HE is now alone. His actions, past and present, seem to be all about him. Very sad. Because of HIM, he's lost everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025