TX - Five Yates children drowned, Houston, 20 June 2001 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not had a chance to read alot of the previous posts. Are Rusty and Andrea divorcing? I think he is as much to blame if not more for her. He knew she was not capable or in her right mind to keep having babies. Living in a bus, homeschooling. That's nuts. Not saying what she did is at all right, but the woman was/is mentally ILL! She has to live with what she did. Meanwhile RY goes on a talk show and say how he misses the kids and blah blah blah. He sure is husband material. NOT!

Thanks for reading my posts!:cool:

julia said:
I have not had a chance to read alot of the previous posts. Are Rusty and Andrea divorcing? I think he is as much to blame if not more for her. He knew she was not capable or in her right mind to keep having babies. Living in a bus, homeschooling. That's nuts. Not saying what she did is at all right, but the woman was/is mentally ILL! She has to live with what she did. Meanwhile RY goes on a talk show and say how he misses the kids and blah blah blah. He sure is husband material. NOT!

Thanks for reading my posts!:cool:

Yes, he wants to someday get remarried and have more kids. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Julia,

The divorce is final. He asked for it a little while back. Said he will always "be close to her" but he feels it is time to move on with his life. Yeah, what a real prize. I feel sorry for the next woman either stupid or crazy enough to marry him. He said he IS dating, but doesn't want anyone to know who she is, blow up doll maybe LOL? Hey Texans, lets follow him, find out who she is and do an intervention, to just SAY NO to procreating with Rusty Yates!

Sorry to be so harsh. I literally get so angry just thinking about how unneccessary these babies' deaths were!

Everything is JMO!

Janet'sPlanet said:
Let's see...she is sane enough to feed herself, sane enough to call the cops after she commits a crime, sane enough to dress herself, sane enough to know HOW to murder and commit it, sane enough to be able to speak in detail about her mental struggles, sane enough to drive a car, sane enough to know not to commit other crimes. Nah...

But what is so sad....so so very sad is that you compare her murdering her children to her murdering a pedophile. No, sorry. SHE is the one that is worse than a PEDOPHILE. She MURDERED. At least most pedophiles let their victims live but this woman...NOT SHE murdered them. Were the children guilty of anything? Nadda..just being children. But comparing her children being murdered to someone murdering a PEDOPHILE? LOL that takes the cake.
Sane people do not self-mutilate. Sane people do not go into catatonic states for several weeks at a time. Sane people do not attempt suicide multiple times. She was cuckoo, the ship had sailed, Elvis had left the building. Yes she called 911, but have you seen the text of the call? How could a sane person be talking so non-chalantly, "Umm, I just need the police to come." Sane would probably be freaking out at that point, "OMG WTH did I just do?!?!?!" If you have never seen a person who has completely lost touch with reality, then consider yourself blessed. I am a nurse and in psych wards have seen people whose "reality" is much different than yours or mine. Google search this case and read more about Andrea's state of being before the murders. If you still think she is sane after that, then I am not sure what insanity is. This woman was failed by her husband, by her family and by her doctors. She should have been institutionalized long before she had a chance to have the psychotic break that she did and kill her babies. Also, "talking about her problems" didn't require sanity in her case, just large doses of haldol to bring her back to reality.

Mama-cita said:
Sane people do not self-mutilate. Sane people do not go into catatonic states for several weeks at a time. Sane people do not attempt suicide multiple times. She was cuckoo, the ship had sailed, Elvis had left the building. Yes she called 911, but have you seen the text of the call? How could a sane person be talking so non-chalantly, "Umm, I just need the police to come." Sane would probably be freaking out at that point, "OMG WTH did I just do?!?!?!" If you have never seen a person who has completely lost touch with reality, then consider yourself blessed. I am a nurse and in psych wards have seen people whose "reality" is much different than yours or mine. Google search this case and read more about Andrea's state of being before the murders. If you still think she is sane after that, then I am not sure what insanity is. This woman was failed by her husband, by her family and by her doctors. She should have been institutionalized long before she had a chance to have the psychotic break that she did and kill her babies. Also, "talking about her problems" didn't require sanity in her case, just large doses of haldol to bring her back to reality.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

HOUSTON (AP) — A judge set a $200,000 bond Wednesday for Andrea Yates to leave jail for a state mental hospital, where she will await her retrial on capital murder charges in the drowning deaths of her five children.

more at courttv.com

Hopefully she will get the help she needs. :clap:

bugs said:
HOUSTON (AP) — A judge set a $200,000 bond Wednesday for Andrea Yates to leave jail for a state mental hospital, where she will await her retrial on capital murder charges in the drowning deaths of her five children.

more at courttv.com

Hopefully she will get the help she needs. :clap:

AMEN Bugs! You're truly a compassionate human!

I think Andrea Yates is the epitome of legal insanity. If there are to be any laws allowing for the recognition of insanity as a defense, they should apply in her case.

I agree with those who believe a mental hospital is the correct place for Andrea Yates to be incarcerated.

At least she's finally where she belongs. I never really understood how she ended up in prison. She's truly mentally ill.

I just watched Nancy Grace and they said she needs 20,000 to leave and her family is trying to get it together...

luvbeaches said:
At least she's finally where she belongs. I never really understood how she ended up in prison. She's truly mentally ill.

Absolutely.With heartfelt acknowledgement of the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x