TX - Five Yates children drowned, Houston, 20 June 2001 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
luvbeaches said:
At least she's finally where she belongs. I never really understood how she ended up in prison. She's truly mentally ill.
its her husband..oh thats right- its ex-husband now, who should have ended up in prison

I hope her family doesn't come up with 20K bond..
She needs to stay right where she is in the hospital forever.

Amraann said:
I hope her family doesn't come up with 20K bond..
She needs to stay right where she is in the hospital forever.
they have to come up with the bond to place her in the mental hospital, if i understand it correctly- right now she is in prison

I must disagree. I feel that Andrea Yates is a cold and calculated murderer who is using mental illness as an excuse for the premeditation and eventual methodic murders of her 5 children.

She knew for 2 years that she had thoughts of murdering her children and never once in her visits to the mental facilities or doctors did she mention this. She knew she had to murder them after Rusty left and her MIL came in 40 minutes. She did them from weakest to strongest and then called 911.

I have been called closeminded because of my views on this, but I stand by my thoughts and believe that Andrea Yates should be given the DP for what she did to her babies.

IMO, this was her out.

Those poor babies.

I agree with you Socks. She knew exactly what she was doing. SHe was methodical in killing them. Even chasing the odlest one down. She did it within a time frame where no one could stop her.

She deserves to die for what she did. I hope she gets lots and lots of cards on mother day so she can think about those drowning, fighting for life children as she held them down in that water and let it fill their little lungs up.

She's a cold blooded killer.

j2mirish said:
they have to come up with the bond to place her in the mental hospital, if i understand it correctly- right now she is in prison

Yates' lawyer was on a few of the shows today and says he doesn't anticipate any problem getting the money.

j2mirish said:
yes she is in jail now, nancy grace was talking tonight about how she may even be able to post bond in the middle of the night, tonight, and go to the hospital.

Socks said:
I must disagree. I feel that Andrea Yates is a cold and calculated murderer who is using mental illness as an excuse for the premeditation and eventual methodic murders of her 5 children.

She knew for 2 years that she had thoughts of murdering her children and never once in her visits to the mental facilities or doctors did she mention this. She knew she had to murder them after Rusty left and her MIL came in 40 minutes. She did them from weakest to strongest and then called 911.

I have been called closeminded because of my views on this, but I stand by my thoughts and believe that Andrea Yates should be given the DP for what she did to her babies.

IMO, this was her out.

Those poor babies.
i pray your life is never inflicted with a mental illness closeby-u will rethink your theory..mental illness is no picnic and noone prefers it..
If this isnt a clear example of the ignorance in society I dont know what is-she was mentally ill before she did it-not just after..
I will never understand those who are so quick to think they have a clue what mental illness is and how it plays out.

Per our local Houston news. Andrea Yates is expected to be released any minute. Channel 13 is standing by to bring it live. So they say. I will be watching.

I hope Rusty isn't allowed any conjugal-type visits. She needs help and I think he contributed to her mental illness.

ljwf22 said:
I hope Rusty isn't allowed any conjugal-type visits. She needs help and I think he contributed to her mental illness.

Well, they're divorced so I think that is waaaaaaay out of the question.

Sorry but I don't think depression no matter how severe excuses a person from murder. I feel bad that she was so unhappy.......but I won't ever believe that she didn't know killing her kids was wrong. Some things are unforgiveable no matter how sick you are.

She hunted down her boy and drowned him in a tub that his dead sister's body was already floating in. I cannot even comprehend that poor child's horror and how be must have begged his mommy not to kill him.

I sometimes think killling the children was done by her as an act of agression against her husband.

She belongs locked up for the rest of her life....with proper care for her mental status....but still locked up.

Yes she should have gotten treatment she needed and her husband should have seen to it... I think he is a jackass. But she did what she did and she should suffer the consequenses for it just like anyone else.

I have heard her attorney wants her released on bail....what the heck for? I don't believe she should ever be out of a mental institution.

JMHO

They just showed her leaving jail and it looks as if she has finally gained some weight. Her face is alot fuller. Just thought I'd add an observation.

Socks said:

IMO, this was her out.

Those poor babies.

I'm with you. The 911 call clinched it for me. She does NOT want to tell that operator what she did, she KNEW it was wrong. And that's the legal definition of insanity, the inability to know right from wrong. She's not normal, I'll grant that, but what she did was exquistely thought out and performed.

I hope her re-trial comes soon, and I hope she ends up right back in prison.

I'm editing to add: I do have mental illness in my family. So my position isn't coming out of ignorance. If Andrea were my sister, given the facts, I'd still say she knew right from wrong so wasn't 'legally' insane and needs to be held accountable.

kgeaux said:
I'm with you. The 911 call clinched it for me. She does NOT want to tell that operator what she did, she KNEW it was wrong. And that's the legal definition of insanity, the inability to know right from wrong. She's not normal, I'll grant that, but what she did was exquistely thought out and performed.

I hope her re-trial comes soon, and I hope she ends up right back in prison.
I agree.

Maybe So said:
I have heard her attorney wants her released on bail....what the heck for? I don't believe she should ever be out of a mental institution.

JMHO

She has been released on bail - TO A MENTAL FACILITY. I doubt she will ever be released back into society. She needs to be where she will receive help for her illness.

newtv said:
i pray your life is never inflicted with a mental illness closeby-u will rethink your theory..mental illness is no picnic and noone prefers it..
If this isnt a clear example of the ignorance in society I dont know what is-she was mentally ill before she did it-not just after..
I will never understand those who are so quick to think they have a clue what mental illness is and how it plays out.

:clap:

No matter what she is, she isn't dead and in the ground but those children are. If she's mentally ill then I hope she gets the help she needs. It wont ever be enough though b/c when she regains sanity she will have to think about what she did for the rest of her life and that will probably make her insane all over again.

bugs said:
Jeana, I posted on that one to thinking it would bump it up and it didn't. Sorry to start a new thread.

Andrea, looks sad to me.

You don't have to apologize darlin!!! There was some good stuff on that one too, so I didn't want those interested to miss it!! :) :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader