TX - Five Yates children drowned, Houston, 20 June 2001 *Insanity*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeana (DP) said:
So, she's going to "confess" to killing her kids, but lie about the reason for doing so? How much sense does that make to you?

She didn't tell Rusty or anyone else because they would have stopped her, right? How could she save their souls if someone stopped her????????

Once again the word "excuse" seems to be a source of confusion. There is no "excuse" for killing someone, but there are "reasons" that people do it. Its a legal term called "motive." Andrea told us her's. If you don't believe her, then all I can say is that's your right. I guess her attorney would be glad that you're not on her jury.

Well, I dont' see that she had much choice but to confess. She was the only one there and had no way to lie her way out of it. But lie to avoid the death penalty...yea I think a person would....in fact they'd be crazy not to.

If she thought it was God telling her to do it then wouldn't she think other people would also think it was a good idea? Why would she think others would stop her if it was really Gods will? I have talked to a few mentally deranged people in my life and they usually share their deranged thoughts with you pretty freely. They often seem oblivious to the fact that you will think that what they are saying is crazy...since they seem to think it all makes perfect sense.

This is the basis for my believing she knew it was wrong...the fact that she didn't share the idea and that she knew others would stop her from doing it.

I just can't feel bad for Andrea....I feel too bad for her children. I do understand that other feel sorry for her and feel she isn't responsible that is up to everyone to decide how they feel. I just don't see it that way myself.

Maybe So said:
Well, I dont' see that she had much choice but to confess. She was the only one there and had no way to lie her way out of it. But lie to avoid the death penalty...yea I think a person would....in fact they'd be crazy not to.

If she thought it was God telling her to do it then wouldn't she think other people would also think it was a good idea? Why would she think others would stop her if it was really Gods will? I have talked to a few mentally deranged people in my life and they usually share their deranged thoughts with you pretty freely. They often seem oblivious to the fact that you will think that what they are saying is crazy...since they seem to think it all makes perfect sense.

This is the basis for my believing she knew it was wrong...the fact that she didn't share the idea and that she knew others would stop her from doing it.

I just can't feel bad for Andrea....I feel too bad for her children. I do understand that other feel sorry for her and feel she isn't responsible that is up to everyone to decide how they feel. I just don't see it that way myself.

I'm no expert on the Bible, but it seems to me that plenty of people who have done God's will have been thought to be pretty wacked out if not totally out of their minds.

Jeana (DP) said:
I'm no expert on the Bible, but it seems to me that plenty of people who have done God's will have been thought to be pretty wacked out if not totally out of their minds.
:clap:

The fact that Andrea still thinks her children are alive speaks for her mental facilities at the time. She has asked Rusty and her mother about the children and how they are doing and why they can't come and see her. In Andrea's mind the children are still alive because her mind can't handle the reality of what really happened.

Sally said:
I think it's questionable whether she is "living in hell" or not. She killed her children to save them remember?
QUOTE]

Have you read anything about Michael Woroniecki the "Jesus Freak" that was Andrea's preacher?

If not, maybe you should and then tell me there was no basis in her religion for her to believe killing her children would save their souls.

Here is a website by a person who had the "priviledge" of knowing Woroniecki and dealt first hand with what he preached.

http://hometown.aol.com/pranalite/main.html

This link talks about Andrea and where she got the reasoning about killing her children before they reached the age of accountability.

http://hometown.aol.com/niek0/scripts.html

Maybe So said:
There is no basis in her religion for her to believe killing her children would save their souls.
JMHO

Woman says Yates told her how to 'beat her case'

HOUSTON - Andrea Yates advised a fellow inmate how to "beat her case, specifically, to act mentally sick or crazy," according to court documents filed by prosecutors Thursday.

Prosecutors say Felicia Doe told them last year that Yates told her not to eat, not to speak properly, not to be friendly or open in front of people. Doe spent four days in 2002 in a jail block with Yates, who drowned her five children in 2001.

"The defendant also said if you could get the jail psychiatrist on your side, they could testify to your mental health and they couldn't prosecute you if you were sick," according to a document in which prosecutor Kaylynn Williford details interviews with a variety of witnesses who could be called during Yates' upcoming capital murder retrial.

"According to the witness, the defendant basically told her, do what I'm doing," Williford wrote.

More: http://www.twincities.com/mld/dfw/news/13946174.htm?source=rss&channel=dfw_news

PrayersForMaura said:

HOUSTON - Andrea Yates advised a fellow inmate how to "beat her case, specifically, to act mentally sick or crazy," according to court documents filed by prosecutors Thursday.

Prosecutors say Felicia Doe told them last year that Yates told her not to eat, not to speak properly, not to be friendly or open in front of people. Doe spent four days in 2002 in a jail block with Yates, who drowned her five children in 2001.

"The defendant also said if you could get the jail psychiatrist on your side, they could testify to your mental health and they couldn't prosecute you if you were sick," according to a document in which prosecutor Kaylynn Williford details interviews with a variety of witnesses who could be called during Yates' upcoming capital murder retrial.

"According to the witness, the defendant basically told her, do what I'm doing," Williford wrote.

More: http://www.twincities.com/mld/dfw/news/13946174.htm?source=rss&channel=dfw_news
I don't believe Andrea said this because she was already pulling out her hair, not eating, saying and acting crazy BEFORE she killed her kids...so this behavior was not an ACT for her. It was the way she WAS on and off for years. :doh:

I'm sure the judge will allow the pictures. Defense lawyers try to have all kinds of things excluded from trial, but they don't usually get their way.

deandaniellws said:
I don't believe Andrea said this because she was already pulling out her hair, not eating, saying and acting crazy BEFORE she killed her kids...so this behavior was not an ACT for her. It was the way she WAS on and off for years. :doh:

Sounds like someone wants to see their name in print. Probably the only way it will ever happen for them. Anyone who knows anything about Andrea's life and the problems that she has had mentally would know that she in no way said these things to this jailbird.

I don't know why it is so hard for some people to see that Andrea is a very sick woman. She has a whole history of mental illness. I watch those videos of Andrea and her kids from the time they are babies on up. You watch her and you can see that she loved her kids and was proud of them. I would imagine that she was a good mother when she was able to be one. I think it is just a shame that she didn't get the mental health care that she needed. If only her husband had seen to it that she got the medication that she needed and someone to help her in the home until she stabilized the kids would no doubt still be alive. Rusty made good money so that wouldn't have been a problem. I think Rusty should take at least half of the blame here but I don't think he does.

PrayersForMaura said:
"The defendant also said if you could get the jail psychiatrist on your side, they could testify to your mental health and they couldn't prosecute you if you were sick,"

Its an interesting story, but since Yates was already "prosecuted," and will "prosecuted" again in March, the statement makes no sense.

PrayersForMaura said:

I don't believe this conversation ever took place. I think this person is trying to manipulate something here and get her name in print.

I think a conversation may have taken place. I'm not sure everything this inmates claims was said was actually said, but I believe she did talk to Yates. This inmate will appear before the jury and it will be up to them to determine whether they believe her or not. I heard on the radio this morning that the inmate said some things that she would have HAD to hear from Yates. She, of course, could have thrown in the other things for her own reasons.

PrayersForMaura said:

Why am I not surprised to read this.

RKnowley said:
Have you read anything about Michael Woroniecki the "Jesus Freak" that was Andrea's preacher?

If not, maybe you should and then tell me there was no basis in her religion for her to believe killing her children would save their souls.

Here is a website by a person who had the "priviledge" of knowing Woroniecki and dealt first hand with what he preached.

http://hometown.aol.com/pranalite/main.html

This link talks about Andrea and where she got the reasoning about killing her children before they reached the age of accountability.

http://hometown.aol.com/niek0/scripts.html

Sorry, as twisted as his teachings are nowhere does it say that you will save your children's souls by taking the action of murdering them.

Maybe So said:
Sorry, as twisted as his teachings are nowhere does it say that you will save your children's souls by taking the action of murdering them.

However, if I am not wrong, he did drive home the idea that Rusty is the head and what he says goes. That is all and fine, however, if he is not leading our of love and in dictatorship only he is not doing God's will. We know he "ruled" the house. Andrea didn't get the proper care and in reality he failed her and his five kids. Where is Rusty today, free!!!

Maybe So said:
Why am I not surprised to read this.

I can't say without getting banned! LOL Just kidding.

I don't think we should accept this as the gospel until we know more. While its certainly possible that its true, jail-house snitches aren't usually the most reliable people on the planet. I think we need to take a wait and see attitude and wait until the trial. Once she testifies, we'll be in a better position to decide whether we believe it or not. ;)

Jeana (DP) said:
I can't say without getting banned! LOL Just kidding.

I don't think we should accept this as the gospel until we know more. While its certainly possible that its true, jail-house snitches aren't usually the most reliable people on the planet. I think we need to take a wait and see attitude and wait until the trial. Once she testifies, we'll be in a better position to decide whether we believe it or not. ;)
Andrea's history of insanity is too long to ignore. Even if she did tell another inmate how to fool people, it doesn't make her sane. She probably truly believes she can control whether experts think she is sane or not. Most crazy people do. LOL! This woman has been demonstrating serious symptoms of insanity for many years, several before she killed the children. She is insane, plain and simple.

I also heard that the state wants to show Rusty in an affair as a possible motive for Andrea. But everyone who knows them says that did not happen. Apparently he was dating someone during the first trial and that is where that comes from.

BTW, I heard her aunt in a phone interview on CTV today. She is Rev. Fairy Caroland. Sound a bit evangelical?

bugs said:
However, if I am not wrong, he did drive home the idea that Rusty is the head and what he says goes. That is all and fine, however, if he is not leading our of love and in dictatorship only he is not doing God's will. We know he "ruled" the house. Andrea didn't get the proper care and in reality he failed her and his five kids. Where is Rusty today, free!!!
-----------
Whether Andrea is found to be insane and spends the rest of her life in a mental hospital or prison~I really dont care.I could see an insane person murdering one child but 5? It didn't register? Yes I have been around people with mental problems.Her husband in my estimation is well responsible for part of their deaths.For all the nutty things she did at home~he went off to work and LEFT her alone? He should be right beside her!! As for the next tral~whatever unless he is called on to testify,thats it for him.He by divorcing her gave up his right to have anything to say about what they chose to do. He is now as much to her as you and I are.It boils me to know he is out walking around.Andrea should never be allowed out for the rest of her life.I'm sorry~maybe I am hard but it is the way I feel.Take care.

Goody said:
Andrea's history of insanity is too long to ignore. Even if she did tell another inmate how to fool people, it doesn't make her sane. She probably truly believes she can control whether experts think she is sane or not. Most crazy people do. LOL! This woman has been demonstrating serious symptoms of insanity for many years, several before she killed the children. She is insane, plain and simple.

I also heard that the state wants to show Rusty in an affair as a possible motive for Andrea. But everyone who knows them says that did not happen. Apparently he was dating someone during the first trial and that is where that comes from.

BTW, I heard her aunt in a phone interview on CTV today. She is Rev. Fairy Caroland. Sound a bit evangelical?
---------------
I also read Fairy Caroland in a mag a long time ago..Dont get angry but I think Andrea has company in the loose bolts department..LOL..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield