TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different people react differently to circumstances. But it comes off as very cold and detached, she shoots a man, he is literally dying in front of her, and she is worried about losing her job.

That is messed up to me. I would have been more upset that I shot someone, and he was dying.

It will disgust me to no end if AG comes dressed up in pretty dresses and heels.

Different people react differently to circumstances. But it comes off as very cold and detached, she shoots a man, he is literally dying in front of her, and she is worried about losing her job.

That is messed up to me. I would have been more upset that I shot someone, and he was dying.

It will disgust me to no end if AG comes dressed up in pretty dresses and heels.

The part that got me was the “I’m so tired” .. I’m not sure if she was trying to say “I was so tired.” But she definitely said “I’m so tired” and no one in their right mind after finding a “intruder” in their “apartment” and let alone putting two shots in someone is still tired. I can promise you that. Adrenaline had to be rushing through her veins .. at what point does she not realize that it isn’t her apartment. So you want me to believe that you shot an intruder, went in and turned on the lights, realized it wasn’t your apartment then called the police. You’d think she’d shoot and not go all the way in and make an 911 call which should be that there was an intruder there.

Also, laundry on the couch where he’s supposable watching the game. IDK guys. This will be interesting.

I'm fairly sure all the reports say she shot twice but struck him once - not that it changes the fact that he was killed.
The reports also state he died "later at the hospital." My initial thought was that if he was still breathing and had a heart beat "rendering aid," would amount to applying a dressing to the wound - not performing CPR. But then I saw in the portion of the video still available taken by another resident of the building, that a paramedic was doing chest compressions as they wheeled him out. His heart may have stopped after her call ended I guess. I assume that will come out during the trial.
Speaking of that video can anyone find the full length version? What I can find now was just a couple of clips that appeared to be after police and paramedics arrived. I thought before there was a longer video.

Replying to Via Marple's post from last thread which read

What is this picture of? Is this the stairwell? The hallway with the apartment doors? The entrance from the parking garage? The reason I want to know is because there is a railing.

I was dog sitting for a friend whose building had entrances from the parking garage on every floor. One time I did actually park on the 4th floor instead of the 5th floor where her unit was. I noticed as soon as I exited the parking garage because the hallways were open to the other floors so I could see that I wasn't high enough up. So those photos with the railing make me very curious.
We had checked Google Maps, Streetview extensively last year.

I had my own theories:p

Speculation: Apartment 1478 (BSJ) and 1378 (AG) are in the northern block away from the main road. They face Arch Place (CCtv had been obtained from the neighbours there, so...)

There is a centre courtyard. Some apartments face inwards into the courtyard. Some face outwards.

I then drew up my guesses onto a satellite view of the block. See below.
southside-flats.PNG
If I am correct, the neighbour (video) looked up to the only part of the block where there was an opening. AG happened to stroll down there while making a call. The rest of the neighbour's view was windows/balconies of other (inward) units.

So my answer to your curiosity would be, JMO, there are hardly any other railings that AG would have walked past to get to the door.

There, I can be fair to AG!:eek:

southside-flats.PNG

Speculation: Apartment 1478 (BSJ) and 1378 (AG) are in the northern block away from the main road. They face Arch Place (CCtv had been obtained from the neighbours there, so...)

There is a centre courtyard. Some apartments face inwards into the courtyard. Some face outwards.

View attachment 205754
If I am correct, the neighbour (video) looked up to the only part of the block where there was an opening. AG happened to stroll down there while making a call. The rest of the neighbour's view was windows/balconies of other (inward) units.

So my answer to your curiosity would be, JMO, there are hardly any other railings that AG would have walked past to get to the door.

View attachment 205754
Thanks was not enough! This is excellent.

View attachment 205754

View attachment 205754

I also can be fair and say that she likely could have walked into the apartment simply by turning the handle and walking in, If it was indeed unlocked.

I’m going with the first story she told before the Texas rangers made her change her story around and took control of the case.

After struggling with the key and it not paying attention (remember this is the first story she told at the very beginning.I bet she turned the handle and walked in thinking he was an intruder. However, it doesn’t explain how she missed almost nearly six signs.

You don’t know how you would react or what you would feel. So you think that the defendant doesn’t have the right to dress nicely when in court like every other defendant does?

Also, you would think the door would lock behind you like Hotel rooms do but I seen a video where those doors do slam behind you, but it’s possible for you to not have it locked and you just walk in.

I’m not buying the door was cracked open at all.

Likely he heard her struggling at the door and he possibly opened it or it was truly unlocked either way he’s dead and she’s responsible. I feel way sorry for Bothams family more than I feel sorry about someone losing their job and a few years of freedom (because let’s be honest here, she probably won’t do a lot of time) for their own actions that they caused. I’ve managed to work nearly 16 hours and never went to the wrong apartment, her being tired doesn’t make a damn difference. Imagine if this was the other way around how different the circumstances would be for him.

If this was truly an accident that is unfortunate but again, you missed the parking level sign with the big 4 on it, the stairwell that clearly says level 4, the door number on the wall that says 1483 or whatever the number was, missed the red door mat and supposably (whichever story she goes with) missed the key blinking red but again we are supposed to believe that this was a mistake of fact?

You don’t know how you would react or what you would feel. So you think that the defendant doesn’t have the right to dress nicely when in court like every other defendant does?

She didn’t say that she knew how she would react or what she feel. She said something that was based off of her opinion. But I agree it does comes off as cold - at that point you got to forget that job. You’ve got an unarmed male in their apartment that you’ve just killed because of you being reckless and not paying attention. “I’m going to lose my job” “I’m going to need a supervisor” is the last thing I’m worrying about.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure all the reports say she shot twice but struck him once - not that it changes the fact that he was killed.
The reports also state he died "later at the hospital." My initial thought was that if he was still breathing and had a heart beat "rendering aid," would amount to applying a dressing to the wound - not performing CPR. But then I saw in the portion of the video still available taken by another resident of the building, that a paramedic was doing chest compressions as they wheeled him out. His heart may have stopped after her call ended I guess. I assume that will come out during the trial.
Speaking of that video can anyone find the full length version? What I can find now was just a couple of clips that appeared to be after police and paramedics arrived. I thought before there was a longer video.

She got him twice.

Officer Who Shot Botham Jean Charged With Manslaughter

The Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office ruled Jean's death a homicide with a gunshot wound to the chest and abdomen.

delete

She got him twice.

Officer Who Shot Botham Jean Charged With Manslaughter

The Dallas County Medical Examiner's Office ruled Jean's death a homicide with a gunshot wound to the chest and abdomen.

I could have sworn we established that this was one wound... and oddly worded. Anyone remember that? It says a gunshot wound, not gunshot wounds. I thought it was ascertained that it ricocheted and damaged both areas of the body. Am I dreaming that?

I could have sworn we established that this was one wound... and oddly worded. Anyone remember that? It says a gunshot wound, not gunshot wounds. I thought it was ascertained that it ricocheted and damaged both areas of the body. Am I dreaming that?
I think you are correct.

From the same link NBCDFW: "... Crump said Jean was shot in the chest. ..."

My understanding has always been that AG fired two shots. One shot struck BJ in the chest, the slug tumbled into his abdomen, and there was only the entrance wound with no exit wound. The second shot went high & right into the far wall never striking BJ at all.

JMO

I think you are correct.

From the same link NBCDFW: "... Crump said Jean was shot in the chest. ..."

My understanding has always been that AG fired two shots. One shot struck BJ in the chest, the slug tumbled into his abdomen, and there was only the entrance wound with no exit wound. The second shot went high & right into the far wall never striking BJ at all.

JMO

Whew. I thought I was finally losing it over this case.
I know this was a debate and discussion before as well.

We discussed the shot that missed Botham because she could have easily killed another neighbor too. I remember that really stuck with me.

9 key people to know in the murder case against Amber Guyger for killing Botham Jean
The former Dallas officer will be tried in the death Jean, who was shot in his apartment on Sept. 6, 2018.

Sep 21, 2019

"...Here are a few key people to know in the case — inside the courtroom and out:..."

9 key people to know in the murder case against Amber Guyger for killing Botham Jean
---

What evidence could jurors hear during Amber Guyger’s murder trial in the death of Botham Jean?
From the 911 call Guyger made after the shooting to electronic door lock data, here's a look at the evidence jurors may hear during the murder trial.

Sep 19, 2019

"...Here's a look at what evidence jurors could hear during the trial...."

What evidence could jurors hear during Amber Guyger’s murder trial in the death of Botham Jean?

1609570_10154041366620230_1854834090252242796_n-1536611289-compressed.jpg

(Botham Jean)

LIVE:

Court TV‏Verified account @CourtTV 16h16 hours ago
NEXT WEEK: Opening statements begin in the trial of the white Dallas police officer who fatally shot her unarmed black neighbor inside his apartment. Was this a horrible accident or murder? Watch LIVE coverage of TX v. #AmberGuyger on #CourtTV: http://court.tv/live

(video clip: Court TV on Twitter )
---

Law & Crime Network‏Verified account @LawCrimeNetwork 14h14 hours ago
Law & Crime Network Retweeted Cathy Russon

#AmberGuyger - Monday morning on @LawCrimeNetwork
Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson
WATCH LIVE Monday, 8 a.m. CT/9 a.m. ET on @LawCrimeNetwork opening statements in #AmberGuyger murder trial. Guyger was a Dallas cop. She entered #BothamJean's apartment and killed him. Guyger says she thought she was entering her own apartment and that Jean was an intruder.

I’m really interested in hearing the evidence against her that we may not have known about. I was reading an article the other day and this is just an opinion that the writer wrote about, but they seem to think because those 9 cases were dropped against the people arrested by guyger means somehow that the prosecution is fairly confident in the information that they have that she’s guilty. I’m not sure why that is but the writer believed so.

On the news the DA said that he was fairly confident that Murder was the right charge but you never know what the jury thinks.

I am curious about evidence. I need more evidence. She most definitely killed him and maybe I’m still thinking from the prospective if it was manslaughter which I’ve always felt but again with the way it is worded in Texas, it’s most definitely murder.

There can be plenty of ways that this can play out. I think the biggest evidence will be the electronic lock system. If it shows that she somehow went to her apartment first, she’s done. If it shows that his door was indeed locked, she’s done but if it shows that it was unlocked at the time. That may buy her time. Now, the only thing the defense would have to do is prove that she was indeed tired but they also will have to explain how you miss 6 signs for the jury to believe it.

Curious what everyone here are thinking? Murder,Manslaughter, Mistake of Fact? Should she get a pass because she though it was her place? Do you think it went down like she said it did?

I personally can’t decide between Murder and Manslaughter. Again, I do believe it may have been an accident, only because from what we know now, there is no motive. But I don’t believe it’s mistake of fact. I think she has to be held responsible for being reckless.

The only motive that I could possibly think about is that she was tired when she got home and went upstairs to confront him making noise. And I don’t know.

Curious if the witnesses heard knocking and let me in, will be called by the state to testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB