TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, in Texas, it is different re murder/manslaughter - there is no need to show premeditation or motive for murder. You simply have to show intent - did she raise her weapon, aim, and fire it to kill. That's all the prosecution has to show for murder.

"1. Murder: You commit murder when you intentionally and knowingly take someone else’s life"

4 Types of Criminal Homicide in Texas | Plano Criminal Defense Lawyer

I agree. But again, based of off the law in Texas and the wording .. it’s definitely murder but seems like a manslaughter charge.
I think you have a good way of saying it:

The murder charge is permissible under Texas law, but the case feels like manslaughter- unless truly damming evidence comes up.

Well dang, I thought the trial would be well underway with the opening statements, but they're still presenting pre-trial motions. Are there two court reporters for this trial? Because I see two ladies sitting together, sort of bunched up, on the judge's right side.

Again, in Texas, it is different re murder/manslaughter - there is no need to show premeditation or motive for murder. You simply have to show intent - did she raise her weapon, aim, and fire it to kill. That's all the prosecution has to show for murder.

"1. Murder: You commit murder when you intentionally and knowingly take someone else’s life"

4 Types of Criminal Homicide in Texas | Plano Criminal Defense Lawyer

Right - of course Texas law would be so straight to the point. Lol

I watched an interview from a juror from the Trayvon Martin case where she stated that she based her whole decision on how the law was written. So if that’s how the jury will see it and they don’t believe she should have missed those signs where it was a mistake of fact then well...

Murder conviction it is.

Wow, wow, wow. Already we've learned a lot. I'm actually pretty shocked at this point.
Yes! Oh dear. Are we allowed to discuss what is said in the live feed? If not, I will certainly delete - A sexual relationship with her partner and texts (prior to the shooting) setting up a "sexual encounter." This is why the prosecution says she was distracted. Yikes...

These texts are interesting. Maybe these texts are damning. If she was going to meet up with him later that night - she wasn’t as tired as she may seemed. Yikes! 3 mins to call 911.

And opening statements have not yet to begin and we are already know that much.

This may be a tad bit premature, but it seems that the state isn’t gonna argue that this wasn’t an accident but more so of a she wasn’t that tired to the point where she was that delusional.

I still want to see the key lock data.

And opening statements have not yet to begin and we are already know that much.

This may be a tad bit premature, but it seems that the state isn’t gonna argue that this wasn’t an accident but more so of a she wasn’t that tired to the point where she was that delusional.

I still want to see the key lock data.
Me too. I think they are saying she was distracted - not tired.

If you are soooooooooooooooo tired, delusional, and sleep deprived are you really driving home while talking and texting bow-chicka-bow-wow with your main squeeze?

Trust me, and I’m sure my husband would attest to this but if I’m sleepy, that’s the last thing I’m worried about. Lol .. that’s a huge piece of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB