TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really interesting, that Botham Jean wasn't safe in his home. And we usually lock doors from men breaking in. He probably felt pretty safe where he lived. Safe enough to not double check that his door was locked every single minute he was home.

Right now, our door is unlocked, I just came home from work. Should I worry that a crazy woman could storm in, guns blazing? And every one would feel sorry for her, for making a "mistake"?

I always keep my doors locked when I’m home. In fact, I used this case as an example to remind my son why we do this; because anyone can walk through your front door if they choose. It’s that simple. Should I have to lock my doors and worry about a stranger walking in (no matter the intent)? No. But this is reality.

This in no way is to blame BJ for not having his door locked; he is 100% the victim here.

JMO

I can't access the article. Can you give a few highlights? TIA

Basically a whistleblower discussing some of the “misconducts” some Texas Rangers get away with.

One mentioned a lawsuit that was filed against David Armstrong of the Texas rangers that was coming home from duty at the Border back to Dallas when he ran into another car “which was a drunk driver that ran a stop sign” to be fair. But they also stated that the speed limit was 40 miles per hour and Mr. Armstrong was doing about 80. They also concluded that had he been going 40 mph like he should have, they would have never wrecked. The wreck killed the other guy.

This morning :
State brought back crime scene girl who documented the scene. IMO to confirm items could have been moved by responders before she took photos.
Then put on responding officer Nguyen ..went over his body cam frame by frame. State confirmed Amber was texting in the hallway & that the ironing board & ottoman were moved.
Bo’s feet were elevated to get blood to his heart & Nguyen moved his shoes away.

I just saw the photo of her apartment and I have to say it really resembles his, especially in the dark. Her tv and couch are in the same place. I can see how his standing up would be her focus in ambient light. I’m left wondering why the grand jury upgraded the charges.

I just saw the photo of her apartment and I have to say it really resembles his, especially in the dark. Her tv and couch are in the same place. I can see how his standing up would be her focus in ambient light. I’m left wondering why the grand jury upgraded the charges.
Hmmm maybe the fact that she did not render any aid, to the man she killed in his own home.. Shes a hateful mess. And I imo believe the lights were on.
My opinion thus far

I experienced one of those rare mistakes a hotel made at registration. They gave me a room key to a room that was occupied. I slid in the magnetic key, door unlocked, I opened it and saw a man off to one side of the room and suitcases on the bed being unpacked. I immediately backed out of the room, looked at the room number on the door again and returned to the front desk. My reaction was immediate, reflexive. I'm guessing that's a normal reaction. Most people wouldn't go barging into a hotel suite raising heck and demanding the person leave.

Exactly! This is why she will be convicted. It is completely unreasonable. I don't know why this wasn't charged as felony murder. The felony being burglary. Look into the Nouman Raja case. Another police officer who went out of his way to shoot someone on the side of the highway and was recently convicted. Same pattern. AG was out of control in her relationship with Rivera and was gunning that day.

I've read some comments elsewhere that the parking structure's 4th floor is at the top, and it's uncovered -- no roof. Is this true?

Just found this thread...on day 2 of this trial...fascinating. Can anyone tell me if it was not just a terrible mistake and overreaction..and as some say pre meditated etc. what is Amber's motive? I have seen no confirmation that she knew the guy at all...what would be her motive? She just kept saying she thought it was her apt. I tend to believe that but feel she needs to be seriously held accountable for what she did. So many trying to make this about race etc. and I am not buying that. Others thoughts? Am I missing something?

L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips 2h2 hours ago
Good morning. Today is day 4 of testimony in #AmberGuygerTrial . I will have reports throughout the day on @KRLD , live tweeting and web coverage at http://KRLD.com . You can get broadcast on your phone thru http://Radio.com app. Use KRLD as favorite--lp

KRLD 1080

Kind of overlooked in coverage, but it came out yesterday that Guyger was also carrying a taser, which was holstered and not used that night. #AmberGuygerTrial

Botham Jean’s family arrives for day 4 of testimony #AmberGuygerTrial

(video clip: L.P. Phillips on Twitter )

Judge Tammy Kemp is in the courtroom. We should start shortly #AmberGuygerTrial

L.P. Phillips‏ @lpphillips 1h1 hour ago
Judge Tammy Kemp on the bench. #AmberGuygerTrial
EFZPcrXWwAEJV0U.jpg

DPD crime scene investigator Robyn Carr resumes her testimony. #AmberGuygerTrial

Defense begins cross examining Carr. #AmberGuygerTrial

Carr's cross examination was very short. She was only asked if it was possible if police and paramedics could have moved items in Jeans apartment during life-saving efforts. Kind of obvious but it's now part of the court record. #AmberGuygerTrial

I've read some comments elsewhere that the parking structure's 4th floor is at the top, and it's uncovered -- no roof. Is this true?

SBM

Prosecution: Guyger missed clues
'Guyger failed to spot many clues that should have shown her that she was on the wrong floor, he said.

The fourth floor of the garage where Guyger backed in is open air. You can see outside. The third floor is closed in.'

First day of Amber Guyger's murder trial focuses on her relationship, sexual texts with police partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia