TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her emotional fear is sincere. However, I think her fear is about this process and what SHE is going through right now. I'm sure the pressure is overwhelming. (It should be.) I don't think this has to do with Bothem, at all. I'm sure every person on the jury will have their own personal interpretation of her emotion.

I live in Texas but was born and lived in California for over 35 years. So now I have lived in Texas longer than I lived in California. Took some getting used to but I would never move back. The main things I have learned are that Texans are proud of their guns and flags. Oh, and bluebonnets too, and blue bell ice cream.
and their confederate flag...(fyi) I'm a born and raised Dallasite/Texan, and don't care for that flag...

I think her emotional fear is sincere. However, I think her fear is about this process and what SHE is going through right now. I'm sure the pressure is overwhelming. (It should be.) I don't think this has to do with Bothem, at all. I'm sure every person on the jury will have their own personal interpretation of her emotion.

I think her emotions are real

I bet she has PTSD, Im not cutting her any slack, but geez Im starting to feel bad for her, altho shes lying about Rivera coming over that night.
Glad this isnt my daughter, ugh heart wrenching. So would be losing one of my sons.

I know I’m pretty alone in my thinking but I thought that was a genuine display of emotion for her. She was composed and held together until they started talking about the day she opened the wrong door, and a flood of obviously very painful and terrible memories came rushing back to her. What she did was we not right, but I don’t see a murderer here.

She is only crying for herself. Like we've see tons of others criminals do. I don't feel one bit of sympathy for her. My heart goes out to Botham Jean and his family in this moment. She didn't render aid. She tried to cover up evidence. She texted while he was dying. She deserves no sympathy.

I agree. I don't see the point in crucifying someone for feeling extreme remorse for a tragic mistake.

I don't think that anyone is doing that. People are only expressing what they believe her emotions are about. The whole crux of this thing is if it's a mistake or not. If you (I mean "you" in the general sense) believe that it was a "tragic mistake" that's going to color how the emotion is seen. That's probably true for the opposite, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation