TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I’m alone in my thinking but I still don’t see a cold blooded killer here. I do see a woman who made a quick rush to judgement when she heard someone inside “her” apartment and made the wrong choice of going in further instead of staying outside and waiting for more help. What she did is NOT right, not in any way shape or form,, but I don’t think she went up to this apartment hoping to kill someone, I also don’t think the State has really phoned this was anything other than a truly tragic accident.

But that's not what the State has to prove. They have to prove her actions were not reasonable and in turn becomes murder (moo) - someone can explain better. The Prosecution has proven that Imo.

Word. The *advertiser censored**** here are killer Amber and her married boy toy.
This man is effectively drawing out the truth She intended to kill him then rendered zero aid. Even after she realized her serious mistake. " I didnt even know where i was" ha Shes a bad bad girl!!
jmo imo

The Prosecution has offered NO evidence that she set out to kill Mr. Jean.

No social media posts, no text messages etc.

I know I’m alone in my thinking but I still don’t see a cold blooded killer here. I do see a woman who made a quick rush to judgement when she heard someone inside “her” apartment and made the wrong choice of going in further instead of staying outside and waiting for more help. What she did is NOT right, not in any way shape or form,, but I don’t think she went up to this apartment hoping to kill someone, I also don’t think the State has really phoned this was anything other than a truly tragic accident.

I totally agree. The fact that she is answering the state's questions that does not make her look so good is even more compelling to me. She did not set out to murder a man . She definitely made bad choices and an innocent man died.

Exactly!

I don't think she went to the apartment hoping to kill someone. But she was a flawed person who performed poorly as a LEO and made a long series of easily avoidable mistakes and very poor choices that resulted in the death of an innocent person in their own home. Further, I don't think she feels any remorse or sadness for Mr Jean. His unfortunate death meant nothing to her other than that it hurt her career.

What else can you say about someone who ignored their training, 2 times, and advance to shoot when she was supposed to retreat and take cover? Her social media communications are pretty clear that she was an aggressive officer who liked to brag that she would kill anyone she felt had crossed her. Then how else do you explain, in the following days, she spent much of her time sexting her partner and trying to have a sexual encounter with him, talked about going out to get drunk.

She is one messed up person. I think she's cold blooded and has an anti-social personality disorder. She's not a good person and not someone who should ever own a weapon or be in a position of responsibility for the safety of other people.

JMO

ETA: I'm also appalled at her lack of concern for Mr Jean and her refusal to provide first aid. JMO, that was a choice she made and she's a horrible person for doing that.

I see her have future problems breaking the law and being a threat to others, even if she's never in law enforcement again.

That still makes it Manslaughter, it just eliminates the premeditated aspect and therefore, a 1st Degree Murder charge. You can't just walk into someone's home, and instead of realizing the mistake, just start shooting at the person who actually lives there.
There are no 'degrees' of murder in Texas or premeditation.

That still makes it Manslaughter, it just eliminates the premeditated aspect and therefore, a 1st Degree Murder charge. You can't just walk into someone's home, and instead of realizing the mistake, just start shooting at the person who actually lives there.

Sure, and I do agree with that....just don’t see premeditated murder here.

In Texas, the law doesn't require premeditation for it to be murder. A lot of people here are confused about this.

In Texas, the law doesn't require premeditation for it to be murder. A lot of people here are confused about this.

If that's true then everyone in Texas would be on trial for muder even if they accidentally shot someone

Sure, and I do agree with that....just don’t see premeditated murder here.
Nobody has said premeditated murder. She deliberately shot him intending to kill him. That qualifies for murder The argument is the reasonableness of her actions. If the jury doesn't find her actions reasonable, then that is murder. Moo

The whole prosecution case is based on that she set out to purposely kill Mr. Jean.

No, it isn't. The case is based on her making a series of avoidable mistakes and deliberately making a choice to go into the apartment to shoot at Mr Jean instead of retreating to cover, as per her department policy.

That's not premeditation, but it's making a choice to use deadly force against department protocol and training, resulting in the tragic loss of life of an innocent person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper