GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Botham's family coping , their comfort will be justice , she isn't the victim here and we shouldn't care how shes coping because of her own stupidity and she was busy thinking about boinking a married man , I care more about his wife and kids and what they have been through due to dumb sidechick killing an innocent man and making them a public spectacle !
I respectfully disagree. I feel tremendous sorrow for Botham's family. And btw, I was responding to a question in regards to AG's issues only.

The way I see it, AG is another victim here. Even if she walks (which I highly doubt), she is damaged and is a good candidate for self-harm or self-destruction.

Botham's grace and religion seem like he'd be the kind of unique individual to forgive those who trespass. But I empathize wholeheartedly with his family. It's tragic and he didn't deserve it.

Her partner/lover's wife and kids -- non issue at this juncture. The wife has a choice to make. Don't feel sorry for her because she is alive and well. Make the right choice is all I can say.

The Castle Doctrine is what scares me about this case--- it is absurd that it should be allowed to be used by the defense,---it makes no sense because it wasnt her apartment

It scares me too because it appears to mean that Texans can execute anyone they have a mere reason to believe has intruded into their home, even if the person isn't actually an intruder and doesn't actually pose a threat and even if they're not actually in their own home.

Regardless as to whether that belief is reasonable. Because I didn't hear "reasonable reason to believe". Just a reason to believe. Like a mistake of fact.

But it's up to Texans to decide how they want to live.

I respectfully disagree. I feel tremendous sorrow for Botham's family. And btw, I was responding to a question in regards to AG's issues only.

The way I see it, AG is another victim here. Even if she walks (which I highly doubt), she is damaged and is a good candidate for self-harm or self-destruction.

Botham's grace and religion seem like he'd be the kind of unique individual to forgive those who trespass. But I empathize wholeheartedly with his family. It's tragic and he didn't deserve it.

Her partner/lover's wife and kids -- non issue at this juncture. The wife has a choice to make. Don't feel sorry for her because she is alive and well. Make the right choice is all I can say.

I get ya'. I think the frustration is that most who extend victim status to AG wouldn't extend it to BJ if the tables were turned and he was the one wrongfully entering her apartment and shooting her.

Did not mean AT ALL to offend anyone or take a political stance on this. I guess I’m old school where talking about conservative people and liberal people doesn’t imply any particular party. I sure as hell never accused anyone of being a white nationalist. I actually posted the rules earlier and asked that everyone respect them because it was upsetting me to see it. I know that politics and race are not allowed here. I was responding to the mention of BJ having marijuana and it was unfair that it was used to paint him in a negative light. The reason his sister addressed it on day one was because it was already out there and they knew the defense would use it. Again, no offense meant to ANYONE here. I was not commenting on anyone’s political affiliations.
Logging off. This is too emotional.
Im sorry yours was the last one I saw out of multiple posts that seemed to be about Texans. I see what you mean with the pot but honestly I doubt the jury cares about it. Most don't these days even here in Texas. I know way more people that smoke that it themselves than don't to be honest. Don't log off...keep on posting!

Help please - is it now 5:00PM in TX, and what time did the jurors go into deliberations... or how many hours has it been today? Thanks.

While we're waiting, here's some info on Mr. Jean's career:

We look at our clients’ processes, policies, systems, and controls with a fresh eye. Focusing on areas such as IT technology, finance, data analytics, regulatory requirements, data security and privacy, internal audit, and the third parties our clients rely on, we play an important role in helping our clients reduce risk and deliver high quality results, while meeting their strategic objectives

Risk Assurance

PWC is the second biggest of the Big Four professional services firms. In 2018 its global revenues were $41.3bn and it employed nearly 251,000 people worldwide.

PWC’s business is split into assurance (which includes audit), deals, tax, and consulting.

While Deloitte is known for its strong consulting arm, PWC’s strength has traditionally been in audit. In 2018 PWC worked with 429 of the Global Fortune 500 companies. "PwC has historically been seen as having the best clients," says the UK accounting recruiter. This is probably why it’s usually seen as one of the most prestigious (if not the most prestigious Big Four firm to work for).

What are the Big Four? And are they all the same?

Even in Texas, no one goes to prison for a class 3 misdemeanor. Jail, maybe (unlikely, as she would still have had to have probable cause to enter his apartment - it's still the United States...)

No I meant Botham would be alive but in prison if he’d used the baseball bat on the intruder, Amber.

It scares me too because it appears to mean that Texans can execute anyone they have a mere reason to believe has intruded into their home, even if the person isn't actually an intruder and doesn't actually pose a threat and even if they're not actually in their own home.

Regardless as to whether that belief is reasonable. Because I didn't hear "reasonable reason to believe". Just a reason to believe. Like a mistake of fact.

But it's up to Texans to decide how they want to live.

I agree with you. This seems to be insane.

I agree with most of your points, but I still can't see AG as a victim in this situation. I truly believe she doesn't think she did anything wrong and feels justified in her actions. If anything, she feels like a victim simply for being held accountable. She seems the kind of person who will always blame others for her mistakes. She'll be bitter at the loss of her job, but she'll move on without guilt or regrets about her actions. Wherever she goes, unfortunately, she'll find people who'll support and agree with her.

I hope Jean's family can eventually find peace by forgiving her, as many of us would try to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member