GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry yours was the last one I saw out of multiple posts that seemed to be about Texans. I see what you mean with the pot but honestly I doubt the jury cares about it. Most don't these days even here in Texas. I know way more people that smoke that it themselves than don't to be honest. Don't log off...keep on posting!
Thanks so much for that. Sending you a hug. I feel like an idiot for not realizing that my words might trigger a reaction. My opinion about how people view pot smokers is based on my own experiences. I’m damn proud to be a Texan, never meant to bash anyone. Thanks for understanding.

:) I only have the 2 anecdotes to offer as examples, and it's JMO and stated experience, obviously. Why would the mind of a person who acts with good will and does the "right" thing almost always first think they are wrong about a simple thing? That the door allowed Amber entry reinforced her mistaken belief that it was her apartment.

The man who entered my hotel room did not shoot me, and I did not shoot him, but that hotel ;) had given both of us legal occupancy at the same time.

That AG fired her gun so fast before she mentally self-checked, before she hit the light switch, before she was certain and correct of her position, is where I find fault. For me, that's the only critical point, right there, in the whole matter. I can understand the posters who say she went in guns blazing, but AG testified she was afraid. JMO she was negligent, criminally negligent.

For me, the moment she pulled out her gun BEFORE she entered the apartment was the point she knew it wasn't her apartment. Who does that when they think they are at home?

JMO

I think the reason some may feel that way is because it seems too improbable that she would miss so many clear and obvious signs that she wasn't going to, or in her home. Starting from where she parked and when she got out of her car, the walk out of the open floor of the parking garage, the options once she exited the parking garage, the looooong hallways lined with number fours, the missing neighbor's planter, the bright red floor mat, the missing baker's rack when she went in, and on and on.

This is why I thought she had to be drunk or high.

But I don't think she knew where she was. In part because she went straight to his apartment from her car. Not from her home due to a noise issue or whatever.

As far as race is concerned, she saw a black man in a residence sitting on a couch eating ice cream. I posted the research that shows how black people are perceived as larger and more dangerous by cops and by everyone than white people of the same size doing the same things. It's not due to hating others for being a different ethnicity or due to being evil or whatever. It's subconscious. And I do believe it is likely why he was shot so quickly and without warning even though he was just sitting there, posing no threat. (I don't believe she warned him at all).

Thanks for all this @gitana1

I sadly missed the start of this trial having followed it originally.

As a Pistorius trial veteran, I am one of those who simply doesn't believe her foundation story. It isn't credible. Especially to park on the wrong floor, go to the wrong door, not notice the red door mat, and then, coincidence of coincidences, the door is open so you can wander on in.

I had hoped that the trial evidence would prise that story apart but it seems I might have been naive on that front.

I think she went straight to his apartment intentionally, rather than home first.

I do see her as a victim, and I know I'm in the minority.

13 1/2 hrs into a job. I'm tired after 9.

I think she thought this would all go away early on and LE would wave this off. In her warped mind, I think she felt "justified". I don't think she realized how f*ed she was until the trial proceeded.

I believe she's sincere when she says she hates herself every day. This is why I think she's on the path to self-destruction.
I believe her path to self-destruction started long before she ever pulled the trigger. I don't know what kind of psychological testing is done on police recruits but after this case, whatever it is needs improvement.

JMO

Wow Cosby went 12 hrs? That went longer than Casey and OJ?

The first trial for Cosby was a mistrial.

George Zimmerman:

After sixteen hours of deliberations over the course of two days, on July 13, 2013, the six-person jury rendered a not guilty verdict on all counts.

Is there any useful media summary of the case against her?

There was a lot of confusion about the facts back in the day.

One of the things I wondered a lot about is how it was really possible to park on the wrong level?

I don't know. I got that from testimony and summaries here as people watched the trial.

Thanks for all this @gitana1

I sadly missed the start of this trial having followed it originally.

As a Pistorius trial veteran, I am one of those who simply doesn't believe her foundation story. It isn't credible. Especially to park on the wrong floor, go to the wrong door, not notice the red door mat, and then, coincidence of coincidences, the door is open so you can wander on in.

I had hoped that the trial evidence would prise that story apart but it seems I might have been naive on that front.

I think she went straight to his apartment intentionally, rather than home first.
Smelled the reefer ? Decided to handle it ? PPP

Is that a southern thing? I've always said it and so does everyone I know.

No. I think it's pretty universal. However, I think it's just automatic here. Like...you can be in a restaurant and the whole place will turn and say god bless you. I guess I can't picture it happening in national coverage trials in other places like New York or LA. Could be wrong, of course!

She had to have smelled it, even before she got to the door, especially since she did not get high. The smell would have been another clue it was not her apartment.
No, she just thought that someone broke into her apartment, was watching TV, eating ice cream and smoking pot.........oh.....and was going to suddenly attack her.

Because, like, that sort of thing happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06