GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I once got into someone else's car: same make, same model, same color. Hopped into the seat and immediately noticed sunglasses on the dash that weren't mine. Probably no more than 15-20 seconds and I was out of there with my face red.
I've gotten into the wrong car, opened a hotel door to see somebody else in my room and forgot my kids were in the backseat. But something always brought me crashing back to reality fairly quickly. No way could AG not smell the weed or see the light from the tv or hear it.

I don't see hatred. I see disdain for someone who had taken the oath of a police officer who broke every single oath, and did the exact opposite of that which she had sworn to do. ...Then shrugged it off and went into party mode. The fact there are people like that... THAT should scare you
There are a lot of things that scare me. I didn't list them all. Yes, a police officer would act like her does scare me. Doesn't detract from my statement that the hatred toward AG scares me.

I don't seem to be invested as much as some posters on this thread. I'll accept the verdict & never think about this case again. The amount of hatred towards AG scares me & will remain with me.
I know what you're saying. I was shocked my self. But I soon found out after talking to friends in the area, it is not the majorities opinion. Some were not even aware of the trial. But that will probably change after the verdict comes in. Regardless of the outcome, there will be unhappy people.

I don't seem to be invested as much as some posters on this thread. I'll accept the verdict & never think about this case again. The amount of hatred towards AG scares me & will remain with me.

It isn't "hatred". It is fear. If AG is found "Not Guilty", it really is a slippery slope, that any burglar can come into your home, kill you, and have the same defense..."Gee, thought that this was my apartment"...my friend's house...my Mom's place. And the other issue that bothers me, is that AG was treated differently than others because of her job.

Off duty police officers should be treated like any other citizen.

If AG is found not guilty...there is a real problem.

I actually think that she did walk into the wrong apartment mainly because she was so distracted. The issues I have are what happened once she walked into the apartment. I, too believe it may come down to a hung jury.

I think I am in the same ballpark as some of you are in that if she doesn't get convicted, where does this stop?

Its truly disturbing how many times people enter hotel rooms on others. It also happened to me. I opened the door and some dude was standing there shaving (thankfully with a towel around his waist).

I also got in someone else's car at the grocery store. It wasn't even the same make and model as my car. It was the right color but geez how embarrassing.

So I believe the wrong floor, wrong apartment story. I don't however think any of her actions upon entering (or even entering at all) the apartment were "reasonable".

To me there is zero comparison between a hotel you're not familiar with and your own home that you go to every day. The car though!!! Leve! What were you doing? Ha ha!!

It isn't "hatred". It is fear. If AG is found "Not Guilty", it really is a slippery slope, that any burglar can come into your home, kill you, and have the same defense..."Gee, thought that this was my apartment"...my friend's house...my Mom's place. And the other issue that bothers me, is that AG was treated differently than others because of her job.

Off duty police officers should be treated like any other citizen.

If AG is found not guilty...there is a real problem.
You call it fear & another poster called it disdain. Your entitled to your characterization & I to mine.

Aww, that's super sad to hear. I think it's sad that an innocent human life can be taken in such a bizarre and horrible way - sitting in their own home eating ice cream, resting form a day of work and executed by someone who entered by mistake - and there are some who can set that aside and never think of the case again.

I think life matters. Everyone's life. His life mattered.

He was by all accounts a beautiful man. Good friend. Sincere in his faith.

I think the sentiment that a man like this can be killed for no reason and people won't think twice about him or the case against his killer is is a prime reason why some march and pray and plead that the nation will believe their lives matter just like everyone else's.

I won't ever forget Botham Jean.

Very interesting, if the defense had tried to characterize the defendant as a "good person" the State of Texas, would have been able, at that point, to bring in contradictory evidence as a rebuttal. Rule 404b.

The defense really had their hands tied here. Because, no doubt, the prosecution was just waiting for an opportunity to display AG's "character". Especially her Social Media...

I’m not trying to be rude, but I’m not sure if you know how much this verdict means to some of us. Some of us live in Texas, Some of us have sons, Some of us have family that are of a different ethnicity. As much as we want to scream that this case has nothing to do with race, it does. Maybe not that she shot him because he was black, I’m sure that wasn’t the case, however, race will play a factor into the decision. It’s about holding the ones accountable that need to be held accountable and case after case we see that black unarmed men don’t get the justice that they deserve. The amount of hatred of amber was brought on by herself. When she failed to give cpr or when she decided to text her boyfriend/bootycall/someone else’s husband, two days after she killed him - then she deserves every amount of hate that she gets.

But while you may forget about the case, some of us, once again will have to worry about if this could ever happen to one of us. Not that it matters, but I’m mixed. I have a white mom and a black dad. Somehow I came out more so on the whiter side so I know first hand about privilege. So it does exist. My husband is also black and I constantly have to worry about his safety. We live in Mesquite - and just a few years ago a black guy was at his own car fixing it when the mesquite police came up and assumed that he was stealing the car, that man got shot in the back on the ground and did nothing wrong. Thankfully the guy survived but guess what, his case resulted in a mistrial. Mesquite is about 12 miles from Downtown Dallas. So while you may never think about this case again, I for one have to worry about if my husband (which works his butt off everyday, just like Botham) is going to be the next victim. So I don’t feel sorry for amber, that’s not my place to worry about feeling sorry for her. I’ll let my lord handle that... but I just wish people would see that what maybe little to some, is a huge deal for others.

I pray the jury gets this one right.

Aww, that's super sad to hear. I think it's sad that an innocent human life can be taken in such a bizarre and horrible way - sitting in their own home eating ice cream, resting form a day of work and executed by someone who entered by mistake - and there are some who can set that aside and never think of the case again.

I think life matters. Everyone's life. His life mattered.

He was by all accounts a beautiful man. Good friend. Sincere in his faith.

I think the sentiment that a man like this can be killed for no reason and people won't think twice about him or the case against his killer is is a prime reason why some march and pray and plead that the nation will believe their lives matter just like everyone else's.

I won't ever forget Botham Jean.
You seem to suggest I don't consider his life to matter just like anyone else's. All lives are equal.

I know what you're saying. I was shocked my self. But I soon found out after talking to friends in the area, it is not the majorities opinion. Some were not even aware of the trial. But that will probably change after the verdict comes in. Regardless of the outcome, there will be unhappy people.

It's sad to me that concern about "hatred" toward AG is higher than concern about the sanctity of Bo's life such that some feel it's really not that important of a case!

You call it fear & another poster called it disdain. Your entitled to your characterization & I to mine.
Except the poster who calls it disdain likely feels disdain and the poster calling it fear likely feels fear. There’s a huge difference between posters explaining to you how they feel and you telling posters what they feel.

I’m not trying to be rude, but I’m not sure if you know how much this verdict means to some of us. Some of us live in Texas, Some of us have sons, Some of us have family that are of a different ethnicity. As much as we want to scream that this case has nothing to do with race, it does. Maybe not that she shot him because he was black, I’m sure that wasn’t the case, however, race will play a factor into the decision. It’s about holding the ones accountable that need to be held accountable and case after case we see that black unarmed men don’t get the justice that they deserve. The amount of hatred of amber was brought on by herself. When she failed to give cpr or when she decided to text her boyfriend/bootycall/someone else’s husband, two days after she killed him - then she deserves every amount of hate that she gets.

But while you may forget about the case, some of us, once again will have to worry about if this could ever happen to one of us. Not that it matters, but I’m mixed. I have a white mom and a black dad. Somehow I came out more so on the whiter side so I know first hand about privilege. So it does exist. My husband is also black and I constantly have to worry about his safety. We live in Mesquite - and just a few years ago a black guy was at his own car fixing it when the mesquite police came up and assumed that he was stealing the car, that man got shot in the back on the ground and did nothing wrong. Thankfully the guy survived but guess what, his case resulted in a mistrial. Mesquite is about 12 miles from Downtown Dallas. So while you may never think about this case again, I for one have to worry about if my husband (which works his butt off everyday, just like Botham) is going to be the next victim. So I don’t feel sorry for amber, that’s not my place to worry about feeling sorry for her. I’ll let my lord handle that... but I just wish people would see that what maybe little to some, is a huge deal for others.

I pray the jury gets this one right.
Okay, even though I don't care what the verdict is. I hope you get your wish.

It's sad to me that concern about "hatred" toward AG is higher than concern about the sanctity of Bo's life such that some feel it's really not that important of a case!
Reasons why cases are important to some & not to others vary. I'm more affected by cases involving betrayal. I put this case in the same category as a drunk driver killing an innocent mother. Sad, but I'm not emotionally affected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member