GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this judge has been promoted by the Dallas Police Association, the very ones who have Amber's back Mike Mata is the President, this is so unfair that the jury was given the rules I cant believe the Castle doc applies here , and this very morning a guy shot a burglar in his yard who was wielding an axe and he was arrested for murder (I'm hoping there is more to the story ) Seems really wrong compared to this
I heated about that story too lol .. I’m assuming he didn’t call 911 bc he thought he missed .. wild story

If she does not do some time his life will have meant nothing , it will be a travesty and I will need a box of tissues because I will be crying for his Family as I'm sure many of you will...we spend so much time fighting for closure for these families there's nothing worse than when the justice system does not hold up their part, His life meant something and this will be a blow for ALL the people who cared about him . It was not a tragic accident it was on purpose.

The Jury has a question. Waiting to hear what it’s about.
Since it came first thing this morning, probably something mundane - what time is lunch, or something. Speaking of which, I am presuming since they are sequestered that all their lunches/meals are paid for? Anyone know? When I've been on a jury, even for days on end, we had to brown-bag it.

I watched all of the testimony in this trial. I believe the state has proved the charge of murder.

I think Amber's partner cancelled the rendezvous they had planned for that night, and Amber was upset and angry. This would account for the long phone conversation between them and Amber pulling over in the parking garage, before parking, while on the phone. It then set the stage for everything that happened afterward.

In her rage she drove to the wrong floor of the parking garage. (A tenant testified she was driving fast) Amber then missed all the signs she was on the wrong floor and at the wrong apartment.

Her unreasonable belief that there was an intruder in her apartment gave her the chance to vent her build-up rage, IMO.

There is no doubt in my mind that Amber made the decision to shoot Botham Jean before she entered the apartment. IMO, she wanted to go in and shoot the "intruder." I believe she was angry, not scared. I don't believe she shouted any commands.

The self-defense excuse is a further insult to Botham Jean.

If I was a juror on this case, murder would be my vote.

Great post: I totally agree with your thoughts in this case as to why she was so distracted and i also believe that self defense is a crock, but worse is the judge
allowing the Castle Doctrine Defense: i will never understand it and it could
result in acquittal, but pray it does not.

Since it came first thing this morning, probably something mundane - what time is lunch, or something. Speaking of which, I am presuming since they are sequestered that all their lunches/meals are paid for? Anyone know? When I've been on a jury, even for days on end, we had to brown-bag it.
They get a per diem and usually can order in lunch during deliberation if they wish.

I watched all of the testimony in this trial. I believe the state has proved the charge of murder.

I think Amber's partner cancelled the rendezvous they had planned for that night, and Amber was upset and angry. This would account for the long phone conversation between them and Amber pulling over in the parking garage, before parking, while on the phone. It then set the stage for everything that happened afterward.

In her rage she drove to the wrong floor of the parking garage. (A tenant testified she was driving fast) Amber then missed all the signs she was on the wrong floor and at the wrong apartment.

Her unreasonable belief that there was an intruder in her apartment gave her the chance to vent her build-up rage, IMO.

There is no doubt in my mind that Amber made the decision to shoot Botham Jean before she entered the apartment. IMO, she wanted to go in and shoot the "intruder." I believe she was angry, not scared. I don't believe she shouted any commands.

The self-defense excuse is a further insult to Botham Jean.

If I was a juror on this case, murder would be my vote.
GREAT POST totally agree she was angry! She wanted him to come comfort her and she had the opportunity when she arrived at the wrong door you know the one with the REALLY RED doormat

wow they want a definition of manslaughter and more clear info on castle doctrine. The allowing of that castle doctrine is going to mean those of us for murder are going to be disappointed. I can already feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27