GUILTY TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WFAA: "She's going to spend the night in Lew Sterrett tonight"

Lew Sterrett is the Dallas County jail.

Maybe her BFF will come visit. She will probably get special treatment and attention. Everyone will say platitudes and tell her it is "political".

No. It is not. I am white and deeply offended by what she posted in Social Media. And LEO should watch what they post.

But the two didn't have just a professional relationship. Guyger testified that she once had an affair with her married partner, Martin Rivera, one that she later described as "morally wrong."

Yet even after Guyger killed Botham Jean, she found time to text Rivera and even sent sexual messages to him days later, a prosecutor said.

"That's not something that I would want to be reminded of," Rivera said. "And I don't keep messages saved unless it's of an importance to me."
upload_2019-10-1_16-27-15.jpeg
Now, activist groups such as Mothers Against Police Brutality and Next Generation Action Network are calling for Rivera to be fired from the Dallas Police Department, CNN affiliate KTVT said.

And any comment on Rivera's future with DPD will have to wait until after the sentencing phase of Guyger's trial, Walton told CNN.
Martin Rivera: Ex-officer Amber Guyger just got convicted of murder. Here's why some activists want her partner fired - CNN

I hate I have to live with this every single day of my life .......well girlfriend I hate that you killed such a wonderful man that had the rest of his life ahead of him one that actually cared about people, not just out to find someone to shoot at ....I just can't see how she wont get significant time! This girl is making Jodi Arias look mild compared to her !

Tables turned argument again. If it was Bo Jean who walked into the wrong apartment with a loaded gun and shot dead Amber Guyger saying he made a mistake, I highly suspect those wanting to protect her now and claiming that they wouldn't consider such evidence would absolutely consider evidence that Bo Jean made aggressive and anti-white statements. I have a feeling there would be no hand wringing about "inflammatory" or out of context or anything like that.

It would be relevant to me no matter who was the perp. I want to know everything about them when deciding their fate.

I like when Grand Juries are used to help decide what charges, if any, should happen.

The only thing that is still somewhat of a mystery to me is why the jury could not have been given both options of convicting her of either Murder or Manslaughter.

I read the definitions of both and depending on interpretation, I could see where there could be a case made for both.

The interesting thing with this case is either charge forces us to "fit" it into this case. For the murder charge, its not like she purposely went there with the intent to kill him and for manslaughter, its not like it was a total accident. It was only an accident that she went to the wrong place. So either charge requires us to "fit" it to this case and it makes me think both options should have been given to the jury.

BBM
They were given those options...
Also instructions on the Jury having enough reasonable doubt to acquit her:

Judge Tammy Kemp reads jury instructions in Amber Guyger trial

*Sighs* This is all so terribly banal!

A conservative Texan white girl working in law enforcement displays moderate casual racism and/or cultural insensitivity? Say it ain't so, Joe!

AG made edgy Instagram posts about shooting stuff! Law enforcement is filled with these kind of Dirty Harry wannabe's and that AG wasn't exactly gun-shy was readily apparent just from the facts of the case.

AG once stole a pencil and a brownie! I mean, seriously? If you bring up nonsense like that, might as well bring up the time AG picked her nose and didn't wash her hands afterwards.

AG once smoked weed! Yeah, I bet she did, just like many others in her age group. Heck, considering the jury composition and the city the trial is held in, you might even call it a mitigating fact.

The only evidence/testimonies actually worth a damn so far were those of Botham Jean's family, the rest was all banal nonsense!

Wonder how many thousands of people are thinking they need to do some editing on their Pinterest boards?

It tells you a lot about people that don't edit. IMO. Because most people are smart enough not to post such nasty stuff even if they think it. Those who can't resist are probably thinking and saying much worse that they don't post.

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 9m9 minutes ago
Posts from Guyger's Pinterest account now being shown to the jury. A post that says "I wear all black to remind you not to mess with me, because I'm already dressed for your funeral."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 9m9 minutes ago
Another post showing someone holding a gun with the caption "stay low, go fast. kill first, die last. one shot, one kill. no luck, all skill."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 10m10 minutes ago
Another post that says "People are so ungrateful. No one ever thanks me for having the patience not to kill them."
That post had one of those minions from Despicable Me in the picture, and Guyger captioned it "Grateful minion."

LaVendrick Smith‏Verified account @LaVendrickS 8m8 minutes ago
The court is taking a break.

And this is just the stuff that she forgot to delete! She scrubbed everything else. It's obvious to me that she had a big chip on her little shoulder.

A conservative Texan white girl working in law enforcement displays moderate casual racism and/or cultural insensitivity? Say it ain't so, Joe!

AG made edgy Instagram posts about shooting stuff! Law enforcement is filled with these kind of Dirty Harry wannabe's and that AG wasn't exactly gun-shy was readily apparent just from the facts of the case.

AG once stole a pencil and a brownie! I mean, seriously? If you bring up nonsense like that, might as well bring up the time AG picked her nose and didn't wash her hands afterwards.

AG once smoked weed! Yeah, I bet she did, just like many others in her age group. Heck, considering the jury composition and the city the trial is held in, you might even call it a mitigating fact.

The only evidence/testimonies actually worth a damn so far were those of Botham Jean's family, the rest was all banal nonsense!

It's scary to me that people think it's normal or not a big deal if an LE officer "displays moderate, casual racism" or considers posts about shooting people (not "stuff") merely "edgy".

Holy smokes.

It's scary to me that people think it's normal or not a big deal if an LE officer "displays moderate, casual racism" or considers posts about shooting people (not "stuff") merely "edgy".

Holy smokes.
And that's "That" part of Texas/Texans that I can't stand...but hey, racism doesn't exist here in good 'ole Dallas Texas!!!!

I'm going to disagree with you on this. For me the moral compass is interesting here. I have never stolen a thing, or taken illegal drugs, or posted anything remotely racist (or offensive). And it's not my job to uphold law and order either.

Glad she is facing punishment, but I don't see these texts as especially awful. Young people might make a joke like that about MLK parade trying to be cute. Other text indicated unfamiliarity with co-workers of another race/cultural background. So far, not damning, and relatable for many of us, though never smart to text it. It's just that many of us haven't also gunned someone down in his own apartment. So it all sounds really bad now.

BBM. That is indicative of a workplace that is in dire need of pluralism training. It's not just a reflection of AG's character but also that of her coworkers and I'm alarmed by it. Pluralism was a requirement at my corporate workplace nearly 40 years ago when there were affirmative action quotas in place. There must be mutual respect between coworkers whether it be about race, religion or gender. I'd really like to know how AG flunked a poly yet she got the job. This case has more layers to peel.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member