GUILTY TX - Fugitive con artists & 7 kids turn up on grounded sailboat, Galveston, Nov 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the sailboat is causing public and/or environmental harm, it makes no sense that they would have to wait any amount of time. I agree, if a wrecked car were just abandoned alongside a road, I doubt it would take 20 days to have it towed somewhere. This story makes no sense.

State law in Texas regarding abandoned boats must be similar to state law in Florida. We have boats abandoned frequently here and the law requires a lengthy waiting period in which LE tries to contact the owner. Only after that waiting period is up can the boats be removed. Removal is expensive (one of the beach counties recently awarded a boat removal contract to get rid of a number of abandoned boats that was in the 6 figure category.) which is one reason they try so hard to locate the responsible party.

State law in Texas regarding abandoned boats must be similar to state law in Florida. We have boats abandoned frequently here and the law requires a lengthy waiting period in which LE tries to contact the owner. Only after that waiting period is up can the boats be removed. Removal is expensive (one of the beach counties recently awarded a boat removal contract to get rid of a number of abandoned boats that was in the 6 figure category.) which is one reason they try so hard to locate the responsible party.

That's crazy! Who would pay so much for something, then just abandon it???

Where did they stay after the boat sank and before leaving?
People must have seen them, its a large group

I'm guessing no health insurance info was given at the hospital, because that can be verified immediately, usually. Seems odd to have seven children, pay cash for a boat, and not have health insurance. Also, I'm guessing the boat wasn't registered.

It sounds to me like they prefer living under the government radar. Wonder what they do/did for a living to have so much disposable cash?

Ultra perplexing! Whiskey Tango Hotel!

635520782730880145-boat-02.JPG

Without any further facts any theory is simply speculation. With that said, I have speculated a theory re: this family. They have/had the financial means to purchase the boat - perhaps the funds were gained in an illegal way, such as selling drugs. Rather than being on vacation, perhaps this family was running from something when the sailboat they bought capsized. That would explain the one month vacation story, the fictitious names, and the sudden disappearance. Most likely, if this family was running away from something/someone their first goal was to get going again as soon as possible. It could be a bad drug deal, or anything else that angered someone enough to target them. It could involve money that they obtained by cheating/stealing from others. Regardless, it seems to me that this family is running from something.

It would seem that way. I hope for the children's sake that they are found safe, and the kids are removed from the situation if in fact they are in danger.

I wonder if they were able to save anything before the boat went down like ID wallets etc. This story is so bizarre. I hope these are their kids... sorry mind goes there these days. :thinking:

Don't y'all wonder --- what's in the boat!?

LOOK in the dayum boat already!!

:gaah:

From the opening link dated November 20...
...Three weeks later, the family is missing and investigators have discovered they may have lied.

...The boat can't be moved or checked for information inside until a 20-day waiting period is over to see if the owners show up.

:what:

:thinking:

:dunno:

I wonder if they were able to save anything before the boat went down like ID wallets etc. This story is so bizarre. I hope these are their kids... sorry mind goes there these days. :thinking:

You can't ever be too careful!

YES! Wonder if they are scared of returning because of what's in it and are afraid of getting caught. It's been long enough - look in the boat already!!!

All I can think of is one of them (the dad, or the mom) must be wanted and on the run.

This got me thinking. I know that people are approached in other countries to carry luggage that contains drugs. Is it possible that the boat was not theirs but they were sailing it to the U.S. from mexico or elsewhere, with drugs on board? I'm also very worried about the children. So many questions.

It was one of my first thoughts, actually. I think LE might find some answers when they retrieve that boat. Such a weird case.

I had a boat once, and I was a wreck keeping up with two small boys, I can't imagine having to watch seven at once. Maybe in an RV, but not safe in a boat. It's an easy way to bypass authorities at borders though.

Even if unregistered now, I am thinking it wouldn't be that difficult to trace this boat back to the original owner and work forward

They have to be somewhere in the United States though, right? If they went into Mexico they would documentation, and unless that is fake as well then I think they have to be stateside. Am I wrong?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasjay1
Back