GUILTY TX - Fugitive con artists & 7 kids turn up on grounded sailboat, Galveston, Nov 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
^ one of those articles says 5 children and 2 adults? What am I missing? Is it 5 or 7 kids? How come no one is saying where the family all was while the youngest was at the hospital? How in sam hill can the public or hospital not notice a whole herd passing by or around? they had to have released the youngest back to parent(s) surely??
they were trying to get back to Kemah?? How did they get there?? Is there an abandoned vehicle or two there at whatever marina??

DO you buy fuel for even a sailboat for a auxillary motor?? What about provisions...kids need to eat ya know. And diapers? They had to have bought something sometime, and had to have vehicle(s) to get them to where ever they got the boat to begin with.
This is the oddest thing!
I can not believe authorities could not get an emergency order of some sort allowing them to access the boat.
This is insane.

Ultra perplexing! Whiskey Tango Hotel!

View attachment 63938

Are there 4 kids in this pic?

Didn't the bystander guy say he had 3 kids on him during the rescue?

7 does sound like a lot of kids especially to someone with none :scared:

I hope they are all their own children... :silenced:

I wonder how young/old EVERYONE is? We know the baby is 1...

Everything i have read except for the one report above states 7 children

GALVESTON, Texas -- It was supposed to be smooth sailing for 7 kids and their parents on this boat, but as the sun went down the wind came up and it flipped.
"Just call me Uncle Michael," said Michael Weaver, who lives nearby.

He jumped in, "I was just pushing, pushing."

He swam 200 yards offshore in Galveston Bay and instinct kicked in.

"I got 2 children in one arm, 2 in the other arm, and 1 hanging on," he said.

"I was met by 4 children last night, my mind was racing, " said Sam Bowler, a San Leon Volunteer Firefighter. "Last night was my first real rescue."

Bowler cradled the youngest, who's about a year old, in his arms.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...-helps-save-family-after-boat-capsizes/182185[/I]

I am extremely confused now

Maybe the parents had 1 child each (the older ones); that would make 7 kids.

and wouldn't they have needed to purchase child lifejackets some where prior to heading where ever the sam hill they were going?? It's not likely the boat was pre prepped for a family...(and why those children weren't IN lifejackets is beyond me) Maybe they didn't even have any.
If they bought this boat already in the water AT a marina...wouldn't they have had to assume rental of a slip? Wouldn't a marina request ID...heck they do at storage units...
so they waltz up plunk down at least 4 figures in cash, & apparently don't have the boat checked out when they buy cuz no one has come forward and said Hey I worked on or went over that boat for them
And didn't people see them loading on the boat? And over hear conversation, kids talking, nothing???

gah this is gonna drive me cray
What Names DID they give? maybe there is some clue there

Are there 4 kids in this pic?

Didn't the bystander guy say he had 3 kids on him during the rescue?

7 does sound like a lot of kids especially to someone with none :scared:

I hope they are all their own children... :silenced:

I wonder how young/old EVERYONE is? We know the baby is 1...

7 kids sounds like a lot of kids to me and I have 2!!

I have absolutely no idea how they are being so stealthy. 2 kids on a 30 minute shopping trip requires some planning if one is a baby, never mind buying a boat and disappearing with 7.

I wonder if they have checked to see if any other boats have been sold in the 3 weeks since. They probably wouldn't risk that area again though, maybe somewhere on along the coast?

what a weird story ...

it is possible these people are staying somewhere & are oblivious to the media coverage
maybe they just abandoned the boat because it wasn't insured & they don't have the money to pay for disposal

not that I necessarily believe any of what I just typed but stranger things have definitely happened!

more likely they live off the grid because they are criminals or suspicious of all authority/civilization for religious/mental health reasons

I hope :praying: the children aren't victims

what a weird story ...

it is possible these people are staying somewhere & are oblivious to the media coverage
maybe they just abandoned the boat because it wasn't insured & they don't have the money to pay for disposal

not that I necessarily believe any of what I just typed but stranger things have definitely happened!

more likely they live off the grid because they are criminals or suspicious of all authority/civilization for religious/mental health reasons

I hope :praying: the children aren't victims

that thought has crossed my mind as well

Also, maybe they are worried that they will be charged for the rescue and they can't afford it.

I have read a couple of stories of families that sell their home and decide to travel with the kids. They homeschool on a boat, they experience life; and they consider it a better education for their children. IF they happen to be one of these types of families, they may not be listening to the news.

It is definitely a strange story! If they gave the police fake names, they couldn't get away with fake names at the hospital could they? I must say I am intrigued to see the Paul Harvey "The Rest of the Story" with this one.

ETA: Edited to add this link to one such story of a family http://abcnews.go.com/WN/crafton-family-now-back-land-maryland-sailing-world/story?id=11315802

Not a boat, but ... http://www.deliberatism.com/featured/the-family-that-sold-it-all-for-a-life-on-the-road/

Also, maybe they are worried that they will be charged for the rescue and they can't afford it.

I have read a couple of stories of families that sell their home and decide to travel with the kids. They homeschool on a boat, they experience life; and they consider it a better education for their children. IF they happen to be one of these types of families, they may not be listening to the news.

It is definitely a strange story! If they gave the police fake names, they couldn't get away with fake names at the hospital could they? I must say I am intrigued to see the Paul Harvey "The Rest of the Story" with this one.

I don't see why not, since the hospital probably wouldn't be able to validate the info that was provided to them.

Is it possible that it was a family that traveled from Central America to come into the country illegally and were almost here when the boat capsized?

The Mexican border is only about 6 driving hours south of Galveston.

If LE knows that the family bought the boat with cash, they probably have already spoken to the former owner(s). Seems pretty unlikely that the parents just blurted out, "we bought this with cash!", while they were being rescued.

This better not be one of those cases where we get zero followup!

and wouldn't they have needed to purchase child lifejackets some where prior to heading where ever the sam hill they were going?? It's not likely the boat was pre prepped for a family...(and why those children weren't IN lifejackets is beyond me) Maybe they didn't even have any.
If they bought this boat already in the water AT a marina...wouldn't they have had to assume rental of a slip? Wouldn't a marina request ID...heck they do at storage units...
so they waltz up plunk down at least 4 figures in cash, & apparently don't have the boat checked out when they buy cuz no one has come forward and said Hey I worked on or went over that boat for them
And didn't people see them loading on the boat? And over hear conversation, kids talking, nothing???

gah this is gonna drive me cray
What Names DID they give? maybe there is some clue there

in the article it said the one year old was in a life jacket.

it a doll, is it real? Then it starts hitting you, they are not going to put a life jacket on a doll," said Bowler.

That's crazy! Who would pay so much for something, then just abandon it???

Someone who was using the boat to hide, smuggle or deliver something illegal?

Was the boat large enough to have sleeping quarters? Were they living on it?

The gave false names so I'll bet one or both have warrants, or maybe they are sex offenders and aren't supposed to be around kids. Maybe some of the kids aren't theirs. MOO

Someone who was using the boat to hide, smuggle or deliver something illegal?

Was the boat large enough to have sleeping quarters? Were they living on it?

The gave false names so I'll bet one or both have warrants, or maybe they are sex offenders and aren't supposed to be around kids. Maybe some of the kids aren't theirs. MOO

ITA...This is crazy for the police not to show pictures of these children. Like another poster said there are probably cameras in the hospital..And another poster stated they probably purchased life jackets probably from a nearby store.

I'm so worried for these children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasjay1
Back