GUILTY TX - Fugitive con artists & 7 kids turn up on grounded sailboat, Galveston, Nov 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand why the parents made no attempts to help the rescuer get those children to shore. What is up with that? Just weird. They watched as that man swam out there 3 times to save their children and they never grabbed a child or two and headed for shore themselves???

And as stated in the media link, the boat sat there for days in the same spot. Why didn't the parents/adults get the kids off the boat in that time, or even when it capsized, and the dinghy was taking on water, why didn't they head to shore on their own. Sumpin aint right about any of this. IMO.

I don't understand why the parents made no attempts to help the rescuer get those children to shore. What is up with that? Just weird. They watched as that man swam out there 3 times to save their children and they never grabbed a child or two and headed for shore themselves???

And as stated in the media link, the boat sat there for days in the same spot. Why didn't the parents/adults get the kids off the boat in that time, or even when it capsized, and the dinghy was taking on water, why didn't they head to shore on their own. Sumpin aint right about any of this. IMO.

So many odd things about this. Who tries to keep 7 lil kids on a tiny sailboat, for a week, resting in a shallow bog? I have to question the mental stability behind that decision.

Also, the heroic rescuer said something about one thing that struck him as very odd. One of the little kids began sucking on his [the mans]finger as he was carrying him to safety. Makes me think those poor kids were starving.

I'm surprised that there are so few pictures of the rescue. These days most people have cell phones and snap pictures of things like the rescue of people from a sinking boat. Something is just so odd about the whole story. I have a feeling it's going to be one of those stories that will get buried and we will never know what happened.

Perhaps not really a family at all, but people smuggling?

Perhaps not really a family at all, but people smuggling?

It's possible, but with a man, woman and kids it would seem more like a family. Otherwise, it would mean that some parent(s) handed off their 7 young children to strangers aboard a sailboat. I know that could be possible, but the family scenario is more likely IMO.

The article you linked said he was associated with the AoG church. The Pentecostal denomination is a little different than other Christian denoms, but they're definitely not a cult :)

Oh he wasn't associated with the Pentecostals. He was lord of his own church, which consisted mainly of underage girls. You can guess the reason why the RCMP are after him. The girls wore long skirts and headscarves and did what they were told. I knew him and some of his "followers".

I wonder what conversations the family had with the people who took the kids in and dried their clothing? Maybe they will give an interview soon.

Weird! I hope some more information comes to light about this family. Just the thought of trying to corral 7 kids on a sailboat makes me cringe. And I wouldn't be able to sleep because I'd be worrying about kids falling overboard...

How do you carry two kids in one arm and two kids in the other and still swim?..maybe the water was wadable?.parents should have been helping...could they not swim?

How do you carry two kids in one arm and two kids in the other and still swim?..maybe the water was wadable?.parents should have been helping...could they not swim?

I agree - where were the parents??

thanks I guess I missed the life jacket thing, in my, umm, amazement they are all missing now...but where are they now?!?!

Maybe I missed it, but are there any reports of the "fake" names this family gave to LE? 'Just thinking it might be helpful... as often there's a bit of truth hidden within a lie.

So many odd things about this. Who tries to keep 7 lil kids on a tiny sailboat, for a week, resting in a shallow bog? I have to question the mental stability behind that decision.

Also, the heroic rescuer said something about one thing that struck him as very odd. One of the little kids began sucking on his [the mans]finger as he was carrying him to safety. Makes me think those poor kids were starving.

If it was the baby, I wouldn't find that odd. Babies suck for comfort too.

Seems like the parents might have lied because they knew they could get their children taken away for child endangerment.

Most likely the family went home and is trying to forget about this ordeal, thankful nothing worse happened.

Surely LE can charge them with something, even if they don't know where they are at the moment.

• They gave false statements regarding their identity.
• They haven't provided proof that the children even belong to them
• They lied to the hospital about the identity of the child, and probably owe money for the child's hospital stay
• They left a boat unattended in the bay, risking pollution, if it starts to leak
• They will owe money for towing and storing/disposing of the boat (when it's finally moved)
• Child neglect/endangerment by exposing 7 children to dangerous conditions and not actively seeking help

If it was the baby, I wouldn't find that odd. Babies suck for comfort too.

The baby turned blue and almost died, so it may have been one of the older kids. They must all have been traumatized by the ordeal.

There were TWO babies.

...Picking up the two youngest babies under his right arm, he gathered up the other three as they jumped out of the dinghy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dylan O' Cone
Back